Russia Demands Internet Users Show ID to Access Public Wi-Fi

This is a discussion on Russia Demands Internet Users Show ID to Access Public Wi-Fi within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Hai My New Friends inShare1 Russia further tightened its control of the Internet on Friday, requiring people using public Wifi ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Russia Demands Internet Users Show ID to Access Public Wi-Fi

Hai My New Friends

inShare1

Russia further tightened its control of the Internet on Friday, requiring people using public Wifi hotspots provide identification, a policy that prompted anger from bloggers and confusion among telecom operators on how it would work.The decree, signed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on July 31 but published online on Friday, also requires companies to declare who is using their web networks. The legislation caught many in the industry by surprise and companies said it was not clear how it would be enforced.
    A flurry of new laws regulating Russia's once freewheeling Internet has been condemned by President Vladimir Putin's critics as a crackdown on dissent, after the websites of two of his prominent foes were blocked this year.
    Putin, who alarmed industry leaders in April by saying the Internet is "a CIA project", says the laws are needed to fight "extremism" and "terrorism."

theirs an off topic section for stuff that's off topic.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

So much B/S coming about Russia from Western media these days.. I have posted here topic about google censorship some years ago. Why arent those medias writing about that?

hiiiiiii, how are you

Nice post, thanks

I would expect something like this to happen in China.