Visual Basic 2005

This is a discussion on Visual Basic 2005 within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Well i have a VB class and im starting to get pwned by it. Was wondering if any of you ...
Page: 1

Well i have a VB class and im starting to get pwned by it. Was wondering if any of you took/take it and could help me w/ some coding issues?

Banned Senior Member

Been a few years but I enjoyed VB, is this a first year class for you?

evilwevel

what language ? (i've used it for programming in .net and C#)

i'm using VB for 2 years now, quite happy with it. i just switched to 2008 a month ago because we need it for school projects.

Been a few years but I enjoyed VB, is this a first year class for you?[/b]
    Yes it is, about 4 weeks into it. Been doing well so far but running into some problems on a homework. I have to code a made program. The objective is to show an error message if the person does not fill in certain parts of the field (got that to work). Then if they checked the box and wrote in a certain number i had to multiply their inputted number by the number already in the label (did that). But now im having trouble making them all be added together for a subtotal. Then figuring out the total with tax. And finally with shipping. My teacher said to use variables but im stuck. If there is any way i can show u lemmie know and ill show it.

Banned Senior Member

post the code here you got, I might not be able to remember the code exactly but I ( or anyone else ) might be able to give you the rough outline and you can just replace it with the right wording

it's something around the lines of ( we were tought to name every variable/object so it would be easy to recognize later on )
    *Define Variables at the start of the code as usual, so IntSubTotal, IntTotal, IntTax, IntObject, IntShipping etc*
    intSubTotal= lblLable + intobject1 + intObject2 ( as many separate areas you had for them to enter info in to be charged )
    IntTax = intSubTotal * ( whatever your tax is for your area/project )
    IntShipping = (Whatever your set shipping cost is, if there are a few levels of shipping, each will need it's own Variable coded for it )
    IntTotal = intSubTotal + IntTax + IntShipping

then the display message of "Price will be $IntTotal" or however you have it in your coding

thats just kinda a rough version, like I said it's been a good 4 years but 1st year VB is easy stuff. Just throw your coding in this thread and I should be able to do some changes but I cant test it on my computer, dont have VB installed

You can find alot of Visual Basic by just using google.

Thats how I learnt it, try it, If I cant find it. Google ftw

You'll learn the most by trying yourself, atleast thats how it worked for me