Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is the real point of a forum?

This is a discussion on what is the real point of a forum? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Ok, so honestly in the past few weeks i noticed this alot .... someone makes a thread or a post ...
Page: 1

Default what is the real point of a forum?

Ok, so honestly in the past few weeks i noticed this alot .... someone makes a thread or a post asking something or stating something, and someone replys with," stop spamming"... I though the point of having a forum is to discuss certain topics... what is the big deal if someone makes a thread, asking other people something or simply telling a ko-related story..... I dont see why its a big deal that people make a reply like "lol" or "haha" or "+1", if thats all they have to say then so be it, why complain that their upping their post count, not like its earning them money or somthing, it just means that they want to agree, without writing a story....

Im just tired of people complaining that people are making useless topics, when the point of a forum is to discuss any (in our case , KO-related) topic.

---Go ahead and complain that im making a useless topic(i know someone will) I just wanted to know why some people have to act like such pricks on a forum for a game---

Banned

the point is that some of them really do it to get the 50 posts so they can reply at market place... just read their reaplys and ull see that..

so what, how else are they supposed to get those posts, become a forum junky and pretend to be interested in something they arent..... having them reply with usefull replys make them no less likey to scam someone than someone who spams up to 50 posts

Banned

its not "so what" if the admins made it, they tought that its neceserry

imo its a good idea, people who are coming here just to scam people will give up coz it takes a while to get 50 posts, and after a 1 or 2 failed scamms, they will give up and stop trying

Scallywag

i dont think that having 50 posts on a forum proves you aint gonna scam someone

i also think there should be exceptions to the rule for people who have an impecable in game reputation yet are not frequent posters.

as stated above its really hard to make meaningful posts in most of the topics on this forum

Banned

lol. thats not the point of the 50 posts i dont think, its just so you people cant scam as easy and just make a new account and decide to make a selling topic and then scam lots of $$ post count also shows dedication to the forum the more posts they have the more commited they are too forum same with register date, i mean would u trust someone with 1000 posts registered 4 years ago as much as you would trust someone with 50 posts and registered 1 month ago?

Ignore Me Senior Member

I doubt there are new people anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ashet View Post
    i doubt there are new people anymore.
    +1 ...........................

+ 1 .........

hatay

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmashUp View Post
    lol. thats not the point of the 50 posts i dont think, its just so you people cant scam as easy and just make a new account and decide to make a selling topic and then scam lots of $$ post count also shows dedication to the forum the more posts they have the more commited they are too forum same with register date, i mean would u trust someone with 1000 posts registered 4 years ago as much as you would trust someone with 50 posts and registered 1 month ago?
    That's totally true ! That's why i wouldn't trade with you

Stop Spamming.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

the real point of this forum in my opinion would be that "we could share our opinions about game"

Quote Originally Posted by zaltais View Post
    the real point of this forum in my opinion would be that "we could share our opinions about game"
    also +1, but i dont get others have to tell others off for putting down there responses, its not like it really affects anything

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

cuz they think they are leet and some bunch of "noobies" try to say something ? so they shut their mouth by putting them off :P

zrocker0404

For flaming duh!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast