View Poll Results: Who's the better drummer?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neil Peart

15 39.47%
  • Mike Portnoy

23 60.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who's the better drummer?

This is a discussion on Who's the better drummer? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Schrotti and I have been arguing for a while about who is the better drummer, Neil Peart of Rush, or ...
Page: 1

Cocaine

Schrotti and I have been arguing for a while about who is the better drummer, Neil Peart of Rush, or Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater. I think Peart is better, and schrotti thinks Portnoy is better. Since we cant seem to come to an agreement, were asking you folks from the KO4Life forums to help us decide.

Neil Peart:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIPAXNGq7HE

Mike Portnoy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBnK7fC4yj0

Please watch these vids and then vote and tell which drummer you think is better, then tell why.

Thanks niggas!

evensonD

Like the guy said in the comment section, Portnoy is equal to peart just more metal. If you really want to see a landslide put up carey and portnoy :P <3

Also, Portnoy plays heavier stuff, faster, for a long period of time, but peart is more technical, so with what they do, I would say they&#39;re equal.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Like the guy said in the comment section, Portnoy is equal to peart just more metal. If you really want to see a landslide put up carey and portnoy :P <3

Also, Portnoy plays heavier stuff, faster, for a long period of time, but peart is more technical, so with what they do, I would say they&#39;re equal.[/b]

theres gonna be a new poll soon, DT or Tool

I voted Portnoy just cause im a huge Dream Theater fan(going to c them in Phx july 24) but also cause i have seen Portnoy live in the G3 tour and the tricks he did while playing along with john petrucci were amazing.

redbluegreen44

Peart is soo much better

nosneve

Bump for portnoys ownage, btw funny story hes playing a niel peart drum solo in the provided material so heres one of his originals, its a fast one but its jawesome. http://youtube.com/watch?v=OE0tbWZtAZA

Banned

nice nosneve, and portnoy ftw

Judas Iscariot

On topic: Mike Portnoy

Off topic: Flo Mounier (of cryptopsy) > Trym (of Emperor) > Munruthel (of Nokturnal Mortum) > Mike Portnoy

Flo Mounier chillin&#39;

Trym at a concert

Travis is the best drummer.

travis barker and his hot ex wife are best drummer or wait are they ex iunno

nosneve

The last 2 people who commented here are retarded. Just pointing out a fact.

redbluegreen44

The last 2 people who commented here are retarded. Just pointing out a fact.[/b]
    uh no actually Travis is really good

Cocaine

But he&#39;s in neither of those drummers leagues lol.

Phosgene

3rd option - Phosgene
    between these two mike portnoy is better , but i would choose john bonham before them .

Speed

uh no actually Travis is really good[/b]
    LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast