WU Trades

This is a discussion on WU Trades within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; This only applies in the United States. When you send money with Western Union, there is an option that states ...
Page: 1

Banned

This only applies in the United States.

When you send money with Western Union, there is an option that states "Please give additional instructions". On that option, write down "Please take the driver's license number or identification number of the receipient." By doing so, the teller has no choice but to note down his/her information. Consequently, people who are scamming and getting away can't do so without you finding out who they really are (besides their name).

One of my "online friends" was scammed. I told him previously to do this and he was able to find out where the guy lived and called his parents in order to recover his money. The scammer was a 17 year old Indian kid. Indian parents are very strict; you can imagine how that went.

Banned

Here are some online tools you can utilize

http://www.publicpeoplefinder.com/DriversL...se-Number.shtml (Not free)
    http://www.intelius.com/ (Not free)

Search yourself.

There are many more. I will post a guide on how to avoid getting scammed after I am done with my finals.

Proximus

This only applies in the United States.

When you send money with Western Union, there is an option that states "Please give additional instructions". On that option, write down "Please take the driver's license number or identification number of the receipient." By doing so, the teller has no choice but to note down his/her information. Consequently, people who are scamming and getting away can't do so without you finding out who they really are (besides their name).

One of my "online friends" was scammed. I told him previously to do this and he was able to find out where the guy lived and called his parents in order to recover his money. The scammer was a 17 year old Indian kid. Indian parents are very strict; you can imagine how that went.[/b]

Nice Tip

aero

And this works only trades within the US?

on WU you have 1 week to search for that person, after that the data gathered fromt he ID he/she showed gets deleted. 1 week is always enough to find a person, isnt it cr4shito? :lol:

Banned

on WU you have 1 week to search for that person, after that the data gathered fromt he ID he/she showed gets deleted. 1 week is always enough to find a person, isnt it cr4shito? :lol:[/b]
    yep. 1 week is more than enough time to track someone down.

sime217

lol that kid got..

BEATS!!

aahaaha

Banned

thanks for the tip

MirZa117

on WU you have 1 week to search for that person, after that the data gathered fromt he ID he/she showed gets deleted. 1 week is always enough to find a person, isnt it cr4shito? :lol:[/b]
    LOL, you actually found the guy that scammed u? :lol: xD
    GG, what did u do to him? >_< haha

Beramusian Senior Member Fr4nkie's Avatar

I always give my ID number and also my celphone number, when I pick money from WU agency. I can&#39;t pick without those requirements (or w/e you spell it :P) so tip could be good @ US.

Banned

And this works only trades within the US?[/b]
    It works in the USA; that is all I can tell you.

Here are some online tools you can utilize

http://www.publicpeoplefinder.com/DriversL...se-Number.shtml (Not free)
    http://www.intelius.com/ (Not free)

Search yourself.

There are many more. I will post a guide on how to avoid getting scammed after I am done with my finals.[/b]
    whitepages.com is by far superior if u get them to write down the number when all else fails just ask a local cop to run it for u i get full print outs for only 20 bucks