Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

@ Lutz or any other mod for that matter.

This is a discussion on @ Lutz or any other mod for that matter. within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I don't know how good this suggestion would be, but you can make a subtopic (Like in media [Signature, offtopic]) ...
Page: 2

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

I don't know how good this suggestion would be, but you can make a subtopic (Like in media [Signature, offtopic]) on the specific servers, so you can discuss stuff about the server, not just market. :/[/b]
    as its been said like 10 times so far in this topic, its been talked abotu and the decision was NO!

J

Oh well i don't bother to read.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

as its been said like 10 times so far in this topic, its been talked abotu and the decision was NO![/b]

Also like Cama pointed out we have disgussed this alot. Last time was only a few weeks ago

Banned

Well you should really stop banning/muting people for posting a topic in where tbh it should go. The main general chat section is really a more appealing place to post things such as the new moradon beta, new expansions, things that are impacting the game as a whole, or is needed to know by the entire community. Whereas those that just join come here to post an issue about a single clan on a certain server, or some other matter that is only directed towards the people of that server, they see the server lists, find their server and it looks like a good place to post the topic. Which in all honesty it is the best place to put that topic. The topics usually stay on topic within the respecful servers forum (since it may affect everyone that reads it). If you don't want to make a subtopic to the server forums thats fine, but stop banning/muting people for it. It's just dumb, and until recently it wasn't a problem. Which tbh it ISN'T a problem, until you have to make it a problem.

Well you should really stop banning/muting people for posting a topic in where tbh it should go.[/b]
    explain how a server related issue belongs in a MARKET section?

Banned

Because the title of the section is [SERVER NAME]. Issues within the different servers, should go under the section with the name of the server as the heading.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Because the title of the section is [SERVER NAME]. Issues within the different servers, should go under the section with the name of the server as the heading.[/b]
    And the group it's classfied in is called "Market Place", not "Server Discussion Place".

So let's say a building was getting vandalized all the time with spray paint, and I am tired of cleaning all of the spray paint off. Should the solution be just to make it OK to vandalize?

The answer is no.

Because the title of the section is [SERVER NAME]. Issues within the different servers, should go under the section with the name of the server as the heading.[/b]
    but the category says MARKET PLACE

ko4life Forum > Market Place > Diez

Banned

And the group it's classfied in is called "Market Place", not "Server Discussion Place".

So let's say a building was getting vandalized all the time with spray paint, and I am tired of cleaning all of the spray paint off. Should the solution be just to make it OK to vandalize?

The answer is no.[/b]
    Don't let it be ok to vandalize then all of a sudden try to be a hard ass.

Edit: Actually, I think it's just that your still butthurt from when you made the post about signature sizes when your signature didn't meet the requirements either, then you went emo for like 3 weeks and didn't have any signature or avatar whatsoever. Ever since then it's been like priority #1 to be a strict ass whenever the chance is given.

Kinda like how you are deleting everyone signature because it isn't suitable for what the requirements are, even though the "warning" you type, is also wider than what the rule states.

J

It makes more sense to post SERVER related stuff to specific SERVER topics. But I also can see how it would seperate the forums...:/

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

From point of view I see it like this, if there is a problem relating to a server then you stand a better chance of getting to the right people on a genral. Why you may ask. I be very honest , I don't look thorugh market sections and if there was a servere chit chat areas it will be even less apealing to me to go there but some of the stuff that put in genral will catch my attention and I may be able to help.

The problem lies with people who play on the younger sevrers tend to want to go over stuff as they tend to feel over shadowed by Ares and Diez here but what this forums strength is , is our knowledge base. If you put some idiots scamming on that Lag fest server in Genral or Cheater section I am more likely to pick it up and your more likely to get support and advise.

Genral server chit chat rarley is enough to keep itself alive and it tends to kill off the genral and causes people to go into their own server clicks. Even though people like myself who are from an older server and obviously in a Admin roll here seem arogent we are ,pre likely to be active on you thread and give a contrabution than it being just a server spesific chat.

We try and encourage the comunity to be one regardless of what server you play on and it does work. Look at the offical forums and you will see next to no mixing of the servers and it leads to a flat and dead forum. It is not often an unoffical gaming forum is actually bigger than the offical game forum.

On a final note thanks for posting a reply that was cailm and carried your voice over alot more, it makes me more inclinded to give an in depth answer.

Cheers Felix

Don't let it be ok to vandalize then all of a sudden try to be a hard ass.

Edit: Actually, I think it's just that your still butthurt from when you made the post about signature sizes when your signature didn't meet the requirements either, then you went emo for like 3 weeks and didn't have any signature or avatar whatsoever. Ever since then it's been like priority #1 to be a strict ass whenever the chance is given.

Kinda like how you are deleting everyone signature because it isn't suitable for what the requirements are, even though the "warning" you type, is also wider than what the rule states.[/b]
    his sig was an amount over the limit that he usually allows on the forum, only reason he removed it was cuz me and schrotti were harassing him on irc about it :P calling him a hypocrite every 5 sec lol

the width limit is for images, use common sense...wider text than what the "limit" is doesnt effect browsability, width limit was made so u dont exceed the normal width boundaries extending the page to an insane width

Banned

Please resize your signature - it is too large. Your signature may not exceed 400 pixels in length, and 200 pixels in height; this includes text, images, and other objects.

I would like to disagree.

@ Felix, I can understand where you all are coming from, but it is still somewhat over the top to ban/mute people that only want the people in their server to see the topics. The website has done fine in the past, when this rule wasn't such a priority. So I don't see how just letting it go will bring about the fall of ko4life.

Cadence96

Please resize your signature - it is too large. Your signature may not exceed 400 pixels in length, and 200 pixels in height; this includes text, images, and other objects.
    LOL Is there a reason that your warning also exceeds the requirements?
    [/b]
    Is a warning a sign? Or is it put there to warn the user in order to correct the deleted sign?

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

I would like to disagree.

@ Felix, I can understand where you all are coming from, but it is still somewhat over the top to ban/mute people that only want the people in their server to see the topics. The website has done fine in the past, when this rule wasn't such a priority. So I don't see how just letting it go will bring about the fall of ko4life.[/b]
    It does include text, when wrapped properly to 400px.
    Don't argue with me, there's a reason why each rule exists, and we'll enforce it for the reason as to why it exists, and not for the sake of enforcing.

For the signatures, the width restriction is to prevent those with smaller resolutions to have the bottom LEFT AND RIGHT scroll bar, which is incredibly annoying. In the cases of text, the left and right scrollbar wrap, so you don't get a left and right scrollbar, so text is fine as long as it fits the height restriction when wrapped to 400px. The height restriction is there for obvious reasons, so each post made by a person doesn't cover 90% of your screen. 200px is a good number.

As for the market, the reason why its there is to communicate and keep the market section a market section, and not have it be a discussion section. By the way, I haven't "suddenly become a hard-ass". If you look through the entire Girakon market section, you'd notice I'd been keeping it completely clean since day one. Why? Because I'm the market moderator for that section. It's not my job to keep the other market forums clean, and it's at the discretion of those specific moderators. But when it is my job, it'll be done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast