Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BB to only advantage that wow has

This is a discussion on BB to only advantage that wow has within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Well, since open pvp is already a joke. Now l2 has counterd wow's arena system also. Also almost indentical system ...
Page: 1

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Well, since open pvp is already a joke. Now l2 has counterd wow's arena system also. Also almost indentical system to KO's NP system. Tho L2 already had arenas and clan reputation points pretty similar to KO, BUT new stuff pwns!!

[PVP]PvP Reputation Points

Nobless characters who participate in fortress or castle sieges, Underground Colloseum (equivalent to wow's arena), Olympiad, Festival of Darkness will gain PvP Reputation points, this value can be exchanged for items and effects:

PvP Weapon and Armor modifications.
    Siege Items
    Clan reputation
    Removing PK count.[/b]

PVE carebears, hf questing h34r:

Fag

Is this a L2 vs WoW fight or something ?
    Each person decides what game he wants to play differently...

P.S. Screw those NCsolf copy-cats

Yun_Yuuzhan

Personally, I wouldn't consider WoW's arena system to be an advantage. The game was far better before they went that route.

Word on the street is there's a memo going around talking about how competitive PvP requires BALANCED classes to actually work.

Is this a L2 vs WoW fight or something ?
    Each person decides what game he wants to play differently...

P.S. Screw those NCsolf copy-cats[/b]
    No, not actually a fight. WoW has its ups and downs, same as l2. Point is that now wow lost another thing that maybe would have been intresting for me. So, it rly has nothing kewl left. No need to fight, wow (and AoC) keeps the little rich 12 year old quest kids away from L2, L2 keep pro pkers away from wow :P

P.S Hope wow gets more interesting quests xD

b1gshow

Imo the route blizz took was dissapoiting, they praticly ended with world pvp which was and still is the fun and joy of pvp for any mmorpg.

Might try L2

arena was the correct route, they just didn't implement it properly and didn't allocate enough resources to developing PvP. I don't see what the big fuss about world pvp is, it is less balanced than arena. I quite liked battlegrounds, although there is too much teamplay involved which makes it easy for premades to roll pugs. I think it should just be a straight team deathmatch with more line of sight obstacles.

I duno much how things are in wow. But having only arenas and some whatevergrounds doesnt seem enough. I know ur getting CSW's and hero system (ripoff from l2 lol!!!), but its still a pve game.

L2 is all about pvp. U cant be a dumb farmer. Massive sieges, great open pvp, olympiad, + the improved underground arena system.

Both games have well developed combat system. I duno about balanced pvp in wow but compared what l2 had on C4, recent expansions have truely changed pvp a pure skills game. No more overpowerd necros or titans. U need brains to kill. Balancing on last 3 expansions are perfect, cant belive NCsoft actually did it so well xD

I duno much how things are in wow. But having only arenas and some whatevergrounds doesnt seem enough. I know ur getting CSW's and hero system (ripoff from l2 lol!!!), but its still a pve game.

L2 is all about pvp. U cant be a dumb farmer. Massive sieges, great open pvp, olympiad, + the improved underground arena system.

Both games have well developed combat system. I duno about balanced pvp in wow but compared what l2 had on C4, recent expansions have truely changed pvp a pure skills game. No more overpowerd necros or titans. U need brains to kill. Balancing on last 3 expansions are perfect, cant belive NCsoft actually did it so well xD[/b]

Im pretty sure that CSW and Hero classes aint a ripoff from L2... Alot of games before L2 even was in the works had those systems...

Yun_Yuuzhan

arena was the correct route, they just didn't implement it properly and didn't allocate enough resources to developing PvP. I don't see what the big fuss about world pvp is, it is less balanced than arena. I quite liked battlegrounds, although there is too much teamplay involved which makes it easy for premades to roll pugs. I think it should just be a straight team deathmatch with more line of sight obstacles.[/b]

I have the same thoughts about battlegrounds, my friend. The objective based nature of BGs is kind of a retarded idea when most people just want to queue up and pewpew a little bit, no one wants to sit around doing lonely defense when they've only got an hour or two before class/work. Unfortunately if you want to win, someone often has to make that sacrifice.

As far as the arena, does your battlegroup have the same problem as mine did? Point sellers were EVERYWHERE, and making s3 shoulders and weapons require a certain rating only made it worse. They were pretty easy to spot, one or two guys in full s3, the rest in greens/blues. I don't blame people for doing it, its good money and an easy way around the system. (especially since they promised they'd never implement rating requirements back when arena was first announced) I blame Blizzard for creating such an easy to bypass system.

I'm not even going to go into how blatantly imbalanced the classes are, that just puts the nail in the coffin for me. I've dabbled in the arena since about this time last year, and I've hated about every minute of it so I've just accepted I don't like the idea as a whole.

Shame Blizzard is obsessed with it and making mass changes based around the part of the game I dislike. Rather reminds me of the ye-olde-raid days, when as a PvPer I was paying for a game that ignored me.

Concerning world PvP, the thing that made it fun was as much the spontaneity as the scale. You're out farming and such and suddenly a few people start fighting. Before you know it, a warzone has erupted right in front of you, and it's just a whole lot of chaos.

Class balance doesn't matter much in those situations, there's so many people everyone's going to die sooner or later. The point of it all is just some shameless fun, it isn't about competition at all. Describing it doesn't really do it justice. You'd have to experience it, which these days is difficult if not impossible.

It was a unique part of WoW, and it was a true shame to see them move away from it. It was something the game had that others simply didn't.

I Like arenas.. I just hated having to grind av for honor to get my gear. I'm not a huge pvper. I'd rather be in a raiding guild than a top tier arena team

you will hate me for this yun, but we were selling points for a few weeks before i quit. We would either let 1 random guy play 3v3 with us for 10 games, or we would make new teams and get them to 2000 before selling them. I did feel really bad playing at 1500 with full s3, the newer players had absolutely no chance. But it was the best gold farming possible so you can't blame people for doing it. I think that there should be no team-rating, only personal. You should be matched up purely on the average personal rating of your team. That would solve a lot of the complaints.

Sometimes i think about renewing my subscription just to play a few AB's when im bored (i love that bg), but it's not worth 15 dollars just for that i think. The PvP seriously needs more depth.

I agree with your views on world pvp, it does have a magic that arena lacks. Arena is so clinical and has a tendency to get stale quickly. I just have always had issues with large-scale combat. At least in KO in its prime (2005-2006), you could get lots of small scale fights in CZ, it was when it turned into 20v20 that CZ went shit. If there was some way to have world pvp in wow, but with more controllable numbers, not raids vs raids, then i think that would be fun.

I also think that ko turned shit when RoFD came, starting then it was nothing besides big zerg vs big zerg. I remeber the time when on morning hours there was only 2 partys + few random ppl in cz, blood vs N_O.

Well, its a thing i like about l2, map is huge and u only have towns to hide to. We can find enemy clans when ever we want to but atleast our server aint so insanely crowded as nanaki or dex. We usually have like 2-3k ppl on, they have crappy server box and 7k lol. Point is if u want to pk, u just go and look around. If u want to exp, fine but be rdy to strike back. Whole map is like CZ, now the new "np" system. Thats just what l2 needed, HAWT!!

I duno exactly how it works in detail. It was just lauched in korean test server. But so far its awsome.

They actually take some other things that are good in wow. Like the bonus exp sytem when u rest and when ur husband is near (i think). Lets wait and see.

Oh and if someones intrested, heres the patch notes.

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103274

Im pretty sure that CSW and Hero classes aint a ripoff from L2... Alot of games before L2 even was in the works had those systems...[/b]
    I was just being evul h34r: Ofc others had it but in l2 they were hardcore, atleast hero system.

Fag

Well, its a thing i like about l2, map is huge and u only have towns to hide to. We can find enemy clans when ever we want to but atleast our server aint so insanely crowded as nanaki or dex. We usually have like 2-3k ppl on, they have crappy server box and 7k lol. Point is if u want to pk, u just go and look around. If u want to exp, fine but be rdy to strike back.![/b]
    Maybe it's cool for you, but after i dropped my SoM+4 from PK (I worked more than 1 month for it) everything went to shit. I started to hate L2 after that....

ImNotALone

No, not actually a fight. WoW has its ups and downs, same as l2. Point is that now wow lost another thing that maybe would have been intresting for me. So, it rly has nothing kewl left. No need to fight, wow (and AoC) keeps the little rich 12 year old quest kids away from L2, L2 keep pro pkers away from wow :P
    P.S Hope wow gets more interesting quests xD[/b]

LMFAO L2 is a broken and sorry excuse of a game. It can't even compare to WoW...

LMFAO L2 is a broken and sorry excuse of a game. It can't even compare to WoW...[/b]
    *l2 fan mode on with blah buffs*

Get a clue dam wow fenboi. How many pve quests u did today? Or how much u roleplayed with ur buddys? Hope u had tons of fun.

*/l2 fan mode with blah buffs*

Anyways, atleast have some manners. Sry to say but kids like u keep me away from wow, tho iv actaully considerd playing.

@ Fag

Was it on retail back when no augmentation wasnt in? Also, waring half the server helps :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast