DK tanking Y? getting hitted dam hard.

This is a discussion on DK tanking Y? getting hitted dam hard. within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; so i was doing toc 25 lastnight , did not feel like tanking but one tank had some pc probleems ...
Page: 1

KalaBunga Senior Member

Default DK tanking Y? getting hitted dam hard.

so i was doing toc 25 lastnight , did not feel like tanking but one tank had some pc probleems so i put on my tanking gear and spec and went

Raid Bufffed i had 46xx hp , 23% parry , 33% Dodge.

so Gorlak the implaler was doing hits of wtf bewteen 4-18k

worst part was at Icehowl some one did not move in time and icehowl went enraged so i poppu , frozen blood and Vamp Blood and taunted him , wtf 1 shoted 62k hp +-

i was like WTF!@.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

yup.....gorlak hits hard...go try tanking heroic :P hell hit for double that

Did you have a lot of stacks on ya?

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I was going to say it's mega important not to overdo the stacks but then that would like trying to teaching a granny to suck eggs. Personally with the nerfing in the frost talents high end DK tanking is a darn sight harder than it has ever been. Again no idea what quality gear you have but I would thought only T9 or T9.5 is going to stand the slightest of chances these days.

not true...dk tanking is still pretty good :/ its just gorlok is a tank raper he hits VERY hard, thats the whole challenge to hsi fight -_- keeping tanks alive. killing snobolds and staying out of fires is just to add to the challenge of keeping the tanks alive

his normal hits hit HARD, when impales are applied they hit HARD, the stomps will hit decently...if u get melee+impale application+stomp at same time...ur toast unless u popped a cooldown before it

oh and it also has to do with how many snobolds are left too..4 snobolds on his back=hits very little, 0 snobolds=hits like a truck

KalaBunga Senior Member

we swap at 2 stacks , but dam still amazed compared to him in 10 man that he hits so hard in 25.
    felt like i should reroll warrior tank.

@felix

qality of gear is 226-245 only 3 items still below 226 should get 4/5 t9 today , then a new cape would be nice 2 my 213 looks qiute boring now and a new weapon that it kinda

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I have stopped tanking on Felix ages ago , I actually D/E most of my gear as it was worth more as abyss crystals than used space in my bags. For me at this time I have gone for the 2 set bonous off my T8.5 and the different 2 set bonous off the T9 parts as I think they are a better combo than a full T9 or T8.5 bonous!

Quote Originally Posted by 3xiT View Post
    we swap at 2 stacks , but dam still amazed compared to him in 10 man that he hits so hard in 25.
    felt like i should reroll warrior tank.

@felix

qality of gear is 226-245 only 3 items still below 226 should get 4/5 t9 today , then a new cape would be nice 2 my 213 looks qiute boring now and a new weapon that it kinda
    the big damages are at the applications of impales and the stomps, which is more-so something ur tank healers(whcih i assume are paladins) should be aware of...if they spam out big deals especially when a new stack of impale is being applied then u should be fine if ur only doing 2 stacks each...melee damage is more or less constant so no big surprises there for healers

that quality of gear u shoudl be at least surviving on normal, still pretty low though should at the very LEAST full 226 or even 232 from 10 mans...for heroic as anything but a pally(cuz they have op talents -_-) thats really low quality gear should have full 232 MINIMUM and even in full 232 i think ud still get rocked :P i remember when our guild first started doing togc25 the tanks were all in full 226, some 232, and maybe a couple pieces 245 and they were all getting their shit shoved in cept for the paladin(thanks to OP talents)

now a days our tanks are full 245/258 and togc25 nbeasts is just a joke...we can have people space out through the whole fight and still end up downing it -_- get hit twice by icehowl charge? np rofl we still down it xD

isnt it 3 stacks you switch?
    MT gets 3 stacks then the off tank taunts off until the main tanks impale wears off, then taunts it back onto him (by that time the off tank should just be getting his 3rd stack so it works perfectly)

Quote Originally Posted by giga View Post
    isnt it 3 stacks you switch?
    MT gets 3 stacks then the off tank taunts off until the main tanks impale wears off, then taunts it back onto him (by that time the off tank should just be getting his 3rd stack so it works perfectly)
    depends how many tanks u use...if u use 3 tanks then 2 stacks work...also depends on gear of the tanks and method in which ur killing it

we generally let our first tank get 6-8 stacks, other tank taunts, we bop MT, OT gets 3-4, main tank taunts again and holds gorlok until its dead then gets another bop

KalaBunga Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    the big damages are at the applications of end up downing it -_- get hit twice by icehowl charge? np rofl we still down it xD
    i remeber 1st time i went there on my rogue wiht toc came out wiht my guild.

pppl failed to move 2x but pala tank taunted it and tang shot happend 2x also.

but got to say most members were geared uldaur 25 hardmodes execpt me xD