Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Downside of selling your account...

This is a discussion on Downside of selling your account... within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; So I recently got my account back after I sold it almost a year ago... The account was inactive when ...
Page: 1

Relic

Default Downside of selling your account...

So I recently got my account back after I sold it almost a year ago... The account was inactive when I got it and the person who bought it only bought 3 months of time on it so heres the email i got from blizzard....

Greetings,

Access to the World of Warcraft account xxxxxxxxx, has been temporarily disabled due to a dispute filed against the account's past payments. This dispute was filed by the bank, credit card provider, or financial institution associated with the payment on the account. As a result of this dispute, funds paid on the account were withdrawn from Blizzard Entertainment. This is known as a "chargeback".

The total withdrawn by this chargeback was: $44.91.

The account is now considered by Blizzard to have a negative balance, and will be unavailable for play until any and ALL outstanding balances have been repaid to Blizzard.

The guy who had my account did absolutley nothing to my account... My character still had full Deadly set with full furious offset pieces and furious t1 weapon "only played first 2 weeks of s6"
    Last edited by Relic; 09-10-2009 at 08:40 PM.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

so the guy who bought ur account charged back bliz and now HIS account(not urs anymore) is unplayable until he pays bliz back...

i dont see the downside besides the point the guy wasted ur char, but i dont see how that effects u since its not ur account anymore

Relic

just called blizz and im going to dispute the charges since they were charged when my account was compromised
    Last edited by Relic; 09-10-2009 at 08:41 PM.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

compromised?

didnt u sell it?

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Sold it but got it back I thought he said. I'm not for account selling in WOW ( shock horror Felix is against USD trades lol ) as there is way too many problems that are caused by it.

I got hacked and was lucky because it was just me that had ever logged and because I had the orginal CD key in front of me Blizzard could put the account back in my charge in no time. I later found out they had hacked my hotmail but left it as the same pass so I would not realise but changed all the security answers so I could not change my hotmail pass or do a forgotten pass. They then did the WOW forgotten pass to get into my WOW account and change all the info over and atached it to a battle.net account.

Either way , give Blizzard the cash and just get on with it.

KalaBunga Senior Member

so you took back the acount that you sold doesnt make that you a scammer

Relic

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Sold it but got it back I thought he said. I'm not for account selling in WOW ( shock horror Felix is against USD trades lol ) as there is way too many problems that are caused by it.

I got hacked and was lucky because it was just me that had ever logged and because I had the orginal CD key in front of me Blizzard could put the account back in my charge in no time. I later found out they had hacked my hotmail but left it as the same pass so I would not realise but changed all the security answers so I could not change my hotmail pass or do a forgotten pass. They then did the WOW forgotten pass to get into my WOW account and change all the info over and atached it to a battle.net account.

Either way , give Blizzard the cash and just get on with it.
    one reason y i got it back is becuz its some spoiled 13 year old + he did absolutley nothing with the account

KalaBunga Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    one reason y i got it back is becuz its some spoiled 13 year old + he did absolutley nothing with the account
    still you sold it :-o , to him so it was his

if i would sell some one my car and he wont use it for xxx time i aint goone steal it back

yea, doesnt matter if they dont use it, its THERES , reason they payed for it..

Relic

unless getting my acc back from a scammer is wrong but w/e
    he got what he deserves
    Last edited by Relic; 09-11-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Didn't you just say you sold it to him? How does that make him a scammer? I assumed that he gave you the money when you sold it to him since you didn't mention otherwise.

Relic

Quote Originally Posted by Blast_Radius View Post
    Didn't you just say you sold it to him? How does that make him a scammer? I assumed that he gave you the money when you sold it to him since you didn't mention otherwise.
    he scammed someone else and got banned for it on the forums i used to sell my acc

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

he scammed someone else and got banned for it on the forums i used to sell my acc
    So does that mean if you kill a killer then you're not a killer yourself?
    That makes absolutely no sense. You're a scammer no matter what the other guy did if you took that account back.

Relic

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    So does that mean if you kill a killer then you're not a killer yourself?
    That makes absolutely no sense. You're a scammer no matter what the other guy did if you took that account back.
    So does that mean if you kill a killer pirahana then you're not a killer yourself?
    see i can compare useless crap together also!

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

So does that mean if you kill a killer pirahana then you're not a killer yourself?
    see i can compare useless crap together also!
    No, you scammed a scammer, it doesn't make you any better than him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast