Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long does it take to get use to WoW?

This is a discussion on How long does it take to get use to WoW? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; i play ko and i love it beside the hackers but, wow might be worth a shot, how long does ...
Page: 1

thechainsaw

Default How long does it take to get use to WoW?

i play ko and i love it beside the hackers but, wow might be worth a shot, how long does it take for you to become familiar with the game and its terrain?

KalaBunga Senior Member

if oyu have a friend that plays get him to start with you and explain things along the way were you lvl

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

i think long, its very complicated i tried to start but i didnt ndrstand anything =d

Having a friend who plays already refer you is great, because it increases the speed of the leveling process incredibly. He or she can also help answer any questions you have. It honestly didn't take long to get used to for me coming from KO.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

takes no time at all... games stupidly simple -_- and made easier and easier every patch :/

Arcolan

yea wow was hard back in bc, its ezmode now, easy to get gear and the end game is cake

It's quite easy to become familiar with the game but it takes quite a bit until you get really good at it.

Sure, the game is easier now than it was at start but it's still a lot more complicated than KO. The variety and compexity of the skills make the game really fun.

Blizzard did make it easier but they still have challenging content with the addition to hard modes. There's only 100~ guilds in the WORLD to kill lich king on heroic mode and that's only because they put in the optional 20% buff (which everyone uses anyways). Heroic Lich King is agreed to be the toughest fight blizzard ever made. They just made a lot of easy content to keep casuals around to enjoy the game to the fullest.

So, yeah the game is easy to play but the hard content takes a lot more work, research and practice to do.

It may take you a week or so to get started, I suggest asking people ingame what to do, where to get addons, where to lvl, how the proffesion system and such works.

Arcolan

Until you feel it

LegendaryWeaz

If you leave the help feature on, with all the !s that pop up, if you just read those they'll help you quite a bit. There are some things that are completely different than KO, you have a lot more skills than KO, and you have to buy them instead of spending points on them, and then there's some that you have to get through your talent tree.

But the cool thing about buying the skills is that you don't have to buy them. I know a lot of people that stopped buying skills around lvl 50 something just so they could afford their lvl 60 mount when they hit 60.

One thing I had trouble with when I started WoW was...swimming, cause in KO, you can't swim. LOL

Arcolan

not even dude

Manilas

Control wise, if you play around with the keys (or even configure them to your liking in the key bindings), it should take you no time.

As for questing, it's pretty easy and you have plenty of resources to help you complete them (friends, guilds, websites, addons, ....).

For PvE, just remember that monster plate colors are: grey is way to easy, green is easy, yellow is challenging, orange difficult and red to hard (unless you are really used to your class and know some tricks to make fights easier). Also, on the monster face image, if there is a grey dragon surrounding it, it's a rare monster and a bit more difficult than one with a dragon and you got the gold dragons surrounding a face image, those are elites and need to be generally 5 levels above to kill one on one.

PvP, it's all about knowing your class and the one your fighting.

SavingGrace

hey.. im more of a knight online girl xD
    but a friend of me play wow and sometimes he let me play his char xD i know how to exp there and stuf like that :P but i think it take about a few weeks to learn

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavingGrace View Post
    hey.. im more of a knight online girl xD
    but a friend of me play wow and sometimes he let me play his char xD i know how to exp there and stuf like that :P but i think it take about a few weeks to learn
    Are you sure you're a girl because you seem to advertise on every single post you make?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast