I got a question

This is a discussion on I got a question within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; well I want to start playing wow but a friend said I better wait until dec 7th because a new ...
Page: 1

Default I got a question

well I want to start playing wow but a friend said I better wait until dec 7th because a new expansion will be released.
    if I bought the game now I gotta buy the new expansion when it comes out right? idk where to look lol so any info would be nice

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Just like most games with expansions, to play the most recent expansion you have to purchase all the old expansions as well. So to play WoW you'd have to buy classic, burning crusade, wrath of the lich king, and then the new expansion cataclysm when it comes out as well.

You'd be fine to start now as long as you don't plan to play either of the new races that are being released in cataclysm. Assuming it's your first time playing WoW you'd probably get over 60 but I doubt all the way to 80, but that'd be better than starting at 1.

WoW's an end game type game, it doesn't get fun until you reach the max level, so the sooner you do so the better. :P

so I can't just buy cataclysm and start from there? I have to get all the old expansions aswell? FML. How much do they cost?

I just wanted to add that, in case you haven't noticed, you are able to save around 10$ on the US version that Camaz0tz posted if you buy the battlechest for 40$ and WotLK for 40$ = 80$ instead of WoW for 20$, TBC for 30$ and WotLK for 40$ = 90$.
    If you want the European version, you want to change the region at the top of the page. You don't save money by buying the battlechest there, though

Banned

You could just buy the normal WoW first and see if you enjoy it.

Cost 15 euro and you get 30 days for free, if you reached level 60 you could buy Burning Crusade for about the same price. When you are around level 70 you can buy Wrath of the Lich King, when you are lvl 80 then you could buy Cataclysm.

Before you reach any of these levels you will know if this is a game for you, also the time between buying expensions then will probably so long that you forget the total investment you did ^^

Whatever you do I recommend doing RAF (recruit a friend) you will def be able to find someone if you wait for the 7th as many ppl will b starting new toons, just post on the forums and some ppl will even give you gold etc as you give them bonuses from being a RAF.

You can now get the whole bundle of classic+BC+WotLK for $20US.

aight thanks guys

SkyLinevsSupra

I say that U should wait till Dec!

ye i was wondering that same question thanks guys

Why not come and join Eternal-WoW? It's an amazing server, with a massive database. Not to mention the Staff members are very friendly, and there are many realms to choose from!