Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dps needed for raids?

This is a discussion on Dps needed for raids? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Ok so im getting geared up decently on my ret pally and was wondering what dps was needed for the ...
Page: 1

Default Dps needed for raids?

Ok so im getting geared up decently on my ret pally and was wondering what dps was needed for the 10m Onyxia, Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, Trial of the Grand Crusader. Also the 25m versions of all those. Thanks!

KalaBunga Senior Member

around 4k is quite nice. 3.5k - 4k

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Dunno, my old quild's requirement was 5kish dps. But it kinda depends on the boss you're killing. But if you can manage to get over 5k dps you'll be just fine :P

Banned

10man Oyxia requires high dps (5k+), same as Ulduar, ToC and H ToC (i doubt ull be getting into Toc 10-25 soon so just focus in doing voa's/ony/OS and siege part of ulduar imo, unless ur in a raiding guild, since ToC and ulduar are 95% of the time NOT puggable)

but yeah, anywhere 4k+ is pretty decent for a ret pally usually most melee dps suck bad.

KalaBunga Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SexE View Post
    10man Oyxia requires high dps (5k+), same as Ulduar, ToC and H ToC (i doubt ull be getting into Toc 10-25 soon so just focus in doing voa's/ony/OS and siege part of ulduar imo, unless ur in a raiding guild, since ToC and ulduar are 95% of the time NOT puggable)

but yeah, anywhere 4k+ is pretty decent for a ret pally usually most melee dps suck bad.
    kazzak pugs everything all the time a pug group are quite high , we used to have Kazzak late night pug ran by a guy back in tbc there were a bit behind raiding guilds but not far for a pug

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3xiT View Post
    kazzak pugs everything all the time a pug group are quite high , we used to have Kazzak late night pug ran by a guy back in tbc there were a bit behind raiding guilds but not far for a pug
    sure there are pugs, but MOST of the people that CAN do the big raids (ulduar/toc) do not wish to get saved by pugging them (80% of the time they are fail pugs =/ ) , because they guild it obviously, so thats why 99% of the time there's not pugs for toc or ulduar hard modes or even ony10 now.

KalaBunga Senior Member

treu .. stupid 10 post rule :P

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

10 ony doesnt need 5k+ dps lol wtf are u smoking? that shit requires the same requirements as VOA...3k+ dps and its cake

diablo

U can hang on around 3k @ ulduar, 4k-5k for toc, and 5k~ for onyx 25, but as a retardin, i guess ur raid leader wont be worry about ur dps considiring he/she takes you coz of ur benefits )

Quote Originally Posted by diablo View Post
    U can hang on around 3k @ ulduar, 4k-5k for toc, and 5k~ for onyx 25, but as a retardin, i guess ur raid leader wont be worry about ur dps considiring he/she takes you coz of ur benefits )
    Benefitadin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    10 ony doesnt need 5k+ dps lol wtf are u smoking? that shit requires the same requirements as VOA...3k+ dps and its cake
    its definetely not as easy as voa lol, it requires people with brain.

only said ony requires high dps as in ranged ones to get her down quick before tanks start to fail (or healers). ofc all of this is referring to pug ony's, sorry there's just so much fail pugs out there.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Cama is bang on the money , you only need 3k+ to get any of these raids done. It's not untill your looking at hard modes and heoric modes you need to seriously pump up the dps output.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Cama is bang on the money , you only need 3k+ to get any of these raids done. It's not untill your looking at hard modes and heoric modes you need to seriously pump up the dps output.
    Was actually just about to say the same thing.

Infat

Last week 3 morons died in the first 10 second from ony's cleave (I pugged it last week), we 7-manned her... 3K dps is fine.. This is not H TOC LOL

Ok i was just making sure that i was geared enough to not make a fool of myself whispering people for pug ToC and whatnot :P The guild im in isnt hardcore raiding, we more help out lower lvls and pug a lot of raids. Which is why i cant really do guild raids a whole lot. Thanks for the answers btw

Edit: I also saw a guy post in raid chat the dps of each person (before fight). So it like "gear checked" everyone before a fight. Said i was supposed to do 3.9k dps on 25m Ony (the raid we were in) and i did like 4.2k dps. Was wondering where to find this type of add on (if its this accurate).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast