Rogue bUilds

This is a discussion on Rogue bUilds within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; ok i been playing a few months now and i rolled rogue as my first character. I just dinged 63 ...
Page: 1

ok i been playing a few months now and i rolled rogue as my first character. I just dinged 63 and im trying to get ready for endgame raiding and good instances and gear up for pvp. Im trying to decide on builds and i could use some help with what people who have played high lvl rogues what is good and what sucks etc... ok firstly im going to be dagger speced rogue, i really dont like the whole sword build if i wanted to be warrior i would have rolled it and had some better armor. Right now i have Seal Fate and Vigor and up to Prep in sub. It seems a waste to have 6 extra points in assass tree just for the 10 energy im thinking of respeccing i dont need to be top damage but i would like to be effective in raids i played with mutilate spec earlier and i enjoyed... I guess what im asking is is mutilate build better or keep only to seal fate keep the prep and i have maybe 8 points to play with... go for imp gouge and Ss ? Also anyone using hemo build would this be good for raiding if not in mutilate build u can use deadly posions on a lot of boss hemo , rupture... bleed bosses is this good or junk ? obviously keep S n D up and u have a lot of white damages

for 64 im gonna have 2x blade of unquenched thirst heard the proc sucks a lot but i didnt get for the proc i bought cuz they currently have about 14 more dps then my mh and 17ish dps more then offhand and i think its fastest dagger in game with 1.3... i had a 1.3 speed offhand dagger when i was noobish... thinking name was julies dagger while it wasn't so strong i put on posions super fast and literally beat the crap out of ppl with white damages people cant disengage u are just pounding on them all time with snd up.

all right all any help and suggestions would be useful

ok i been playing a few months now and i[/b]
    my alt is a lvl 42 rogue. . .and though at the moment, i prefer swords....I may end up switching myself. I was given quite a bit of advice/info from cy...maybel you'll find what you need here...

I could explain what items are nice but ill just link you to this site www.shadowpanther.net
    The rogue forums are also pretty helpful, if you want more advanced pvp knowledge then you should read some sites like www.WorldofMing.com and www.shadow-gaming.com.[/b]

:pic:

ur only 63 u cant raid a shit at that lvl just stay combat fo fast lvling an when u hit 70 go for 41/20/0 or 41/3/17(pvp muti)

if u gone raid an stuff just stick for combat best dps u can get an guild leader will probably prefer a combat spected rogue instad of hemo since hemo is for pvp an well..... hemo didnt got boosted like other builds so unless u have some 'heavy' maces for hemo dont spec it

hemo = faster CP's +evis thats pretty much it

or maybe u wanne try 5/33/23 u need fist weap for that ur ap will be like 1k u will hit crit like max 600-700 but that build is basic on CD's (5vs5 combat spec)

ur only 63 u cant raid a shit at that lvl just stay combat fo fast lvling an when u hit 70 go for 41/20/0 or 41/3/17(pvp muti)

if u gone raid an stuff just stick for combat best dps u can get an guild leader will probably prefer a combat spected rogue instad of hemo since hemo is for pvp an well..... hemo didnt got boosted like other builds so unless u have some 'heavy' maces for hemo dont spec it

hemo = faster CP's +evis thats pretty much it

or maybe u wanne try 5/33/23 u need fist weap for that ur ap will be like 1k u will hit crit like max 600-700 but that build is basic on CD's (5vs5 combat spec)[/b]
    thanks for help but... i dont want to be combat rogue, boring boring build that if i wanted to be warrior i would just reroll... i know i cant do best raids but old raids i can do with a guild i mean people did old raids with 60 and thats how u get better items from raiding and such everyone had crappy gear at one point then they start raiding for good items. mostly im asking about what build i should go for as know i have to vigor in assas and a few extra points in sub after prep its seems a waste to go past seal i could respecc to just cold blood and have like 12 or so points to play with or stay on seal fate have maybe points to go Premed + cold blood.

i was just wondering about rogue builds as i never tried hemo i didnt know if it sucked or not... anyone have build for mid 60s to 70s for a dagger spec rogue ?

thare isnt actually 'build' for mid 60-70 even if u dont like combat it allways best for lvling

if u want dagger spec then go 30/0/31

i also like the 31/0/30 becoz of axtra backstab with vigor but that build sucks coz no premed:P

an raiding lvl 60 raids is waste of time ur first green in outlands will prolly be much better then any purple in 60 raids :P

thare isnt much of raiding spec for rogue either its combat or pvp spec

thare isnt actually 'build' for mid 60-70 even if u dont like combat it allways best for lvling

if u want dagger spec then go 30/0/31

i also like the 31/0/30 becoz of axtra backstab with vigor but that build sucks coz no premed:P

an raiding lvl 60 raids is waste of time ur first green in outlands will prolly be much better then any purple in 60 raids :P

thare isnt much of raiding spec for rogue either its combat or pvp spec[/b]
    ok ty for your help im still torn between 30/31 Seal Fate Premed.... or Mutilate build... i think will just try both when im there and see how it goes

b1gshow

U want to do both ways PvP and PvE then go for cbt mut u will have some problems with hydross void reaver and curator but apart from that no problems at all altought if u decide to go 30/0/31 forget the raiding part u would be a burden to carry on the raid.

if u decide to go 30/0/31 forget the raiding part u would be a burden to carry on the raid.[/b]
    yep dagger pvp pretty useless for raids :P

combat still ownz in raids though

yep dagger pvp pretty useless for raids :P

combat still ownz in raids though[/b]
    i like my rogue but now its bad time for rogue no one wants rogue in raids as all they can do is dps... and all other dps classes can give some type of buff or dispell xyz ... im getting annoyed currently as my first character and im close to 70 its annoying that no guild will give me a chance im a dedicated player playing most nights of the week kinda disappointing

well u choose bad class for raids 1 or 2 rogues per raid is pretty anough

also for pvp rogues are dying classbeocz of resilience

rogues are fine in any pvp apart from 5v5. And unless you are playing above 1800 rating you won't have a problem against resilience.

For raiding either go combat daggers or combat swords, anything else is going to hinder your dps. I use combat mutilate (for arena mostly), and it does decent dps but you will fall behind other dpsers in a raid by maybe 5% with it. Plus you are screwed on poison immune bosses (its ok until SSC except for curator). Get 250+ hit rating, and as much AP as you can (1500+ is fine).

If you are serious about gearing for pvp, then dont bother raiding. There is nothing that you can get pre black temple that compares to pvp stuff. PvE gear works for pallys and warriors but rogues need maximum survivability. Aim to get above 10k HP unbuffed, and above 300 resilience. For pvp just get around 80 hit rating and above 25% crit (30 is best). Get 5/5 veterans epics, and unless you are a dagger spec, get 2 piece s1 gladiator and 2 piece s2 gladiator for the resilience stack. For weapons, you can find stuff equal to s1 gladiator in karazhan easy enough. Get a gladiator offhand though.

After the next patch resilience affects dot damage so 400 resilience will be a baseline for any serious pvper. My advice is to start doing arena the day you ding 70, because every week you aren't doing arena you are losing potential points and items. Even if you suck and lose 10 games a week, you will get more points than not doing it.

rogues are fine in any pvp apart from 5v5. And unless you are playing above 1800 rating you won't have a problem against resilience.

For raiding either go combat daggers or combat swords, anything else is going to hinder your dps. I use combat mutilate (for arena mostly), and it does decent dps but you will fall behind other dpsers in a raid by maybe 5% with it. Plus you are screwed on poison immune bosses (its ok until SSC except for curator). Get 250+ hit rating, and as much AP as you can (1500+ is fine).

If you are serious about gearing for pvp, then dont bother raiding. There is nothing that you can get pre black temple that compares to pvp stuff. PvE gear works for pallys and warriors but rogues need maximum survivability. Aim to get above 10k HP unbuffed, and above 300 resilience. For pvp just get around 80 hit rating and above 25% crit (30 is best). Get 5/5 veterans epics, and unless you are a dagger spec, get 2 piece s1 gladiator and 2 piece s2 gladiator for the resilience stack. For weapons, you can find stuff equal to s1 gladiator in karazhan easy enough. Get a gladiator offhand though.

After the next patch resilience affects dot damage so 400 resilience will be a baseline for any serious pvper. My advice is to start doing arena the day you ding 70, because every week you aren't doing arena you are losing potential points and items. Even if you suck and lose 10 games a week, you will get more points than not doing it.[/b]
    ty for post i anticipate ding 70 maybe ... 3 weeks 64 yesterday