simple wow questions

This is a discussion on simple wow questions within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; whats the diff between a pvp server and a normal server.. 1. In normal u cant attack som1 if they ...
Page: 1

whats the diff between a pvp server and a normal server..

1. In normal u cant attack som1 if they wont accept ur duel or something or are there zones like Ronark land in knight online?
    2. In a pvp server u can attack any1 anywhere at anytime? (kinda sux if i think about it =o)

3. What server would u suggest pvp or regular.

whats the diff between a pvp server and a normal server..

1. In normal u cant attack som1 if they wont accept ur duel or something or are there zones like Ronark land in knight online?
    2. In a pvp server u can attack any1 anywhere at anytime? (kinda sux if i think about it =o)

3. What server would u suggest pvp or regular.[/b]
    1. basically. There are battlegrounds (a 'capture the flag' of sorts) as well as arena teams (2v2, 3v3, 5v5) you can flag yourself as pvp, and if you attack certain npc's it'll flag you. While flagged you can be attacked anywhere on normal.

2. yes...in a pvp svr, you can be attacked anywhere anytime. and when you're lvl 40 (i think) the higher guys get honor (like NP) by killing you...so you always run the risk of being attacked while leveling, etc. (w/ the exception of instances, which is kinda like the monster suppression thing on KO only infinitely better)

3. Hard to say . .it's a matter of preference. I leveled on a pvp svr, which wasnt bad. it happend to be RPPVP (role play) which sucked, so we ended up moving to a normal server where a few friends were playing.

each has their ups and downs i suppose. . ultimately it's a matter of preference i guess. (pvp is nice because you can always go out and own ppl if you get bored and dont want to do a BG or w/e)

By no means am I an expert or anything, so some of the details i've stated may be off...but you'll get the idea..

sexa

i need to add that, there is no seperate places in wow like ko, almost everywhere is congested, u and opposite nation players stands there. so sometimes on a pvp server u ll get owned a lot by higher lvls. and lvl diff makes a lot diff wow. 4 lvl is a lot

i need to add that, there is no seperate places in wow like ko, almost everywhere is congested, u and opposite nation players stands there. so sometimes on a pvp server u ll get owned a lot by higher lvls. and lvl diff makes a lot diff wow. 4 lvl is a lot[/b]
    and there's no real 'safe' zone. even the "moradons" of the game can be attacked via raids...and like I said before, about the only place that you can play undisturbed by the opposite faction (or anyone else for that matter) is in an instance. this special 'instance' of a map can only be accessed by the people in your party.

merchanter123

even in a pvp server some zones are still safe to you, UNLESS you hit the opposing nation. then that means your tagged and are allowed to be killed because you engaged the combat. but yea... pvp server is for teh win!