• Priest

3 5.77%
  • Druid

2 3.85%
  • Warrior

9 17.31%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Whats your Favo class ?

This is a discussion on Whats your Favo class ? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Fav class would probably be paladin because they are by far and away the best PvE healer in the game. ...
Page: 2

Aqu

Fav class would probably be paladin because they are by far and away the best PvE healer in the game.

Paladins argue priests are better, but as a priest I would trade every single skill in my spellbook for the armour of a paladin. A paladin in my guild (and probably most paladins tbh) have as much armour on his shield as I do with Devotion Aura, Inner Fire & Druid buff.

Fade is the most useless skill in PvE now, it just doesnt remove enough agro. If I pull in a heroic I have no choice but to fear. If noone pulls the mob off me during the fear duration I just have to bubble (which once again has scaled abysmally since TBC) and spam heal myself.

Its the same for PvP. Take a holy priest to the arena and I have to respec to full discipline to stand a chance. Rogues can (and do) stunlock me from full->zero (can I just interject that I'm not an idiot, I have a stamina set, 10,500hp self buffed). Breaking through both my shield and my PrOM. Mortal strike warriors will rubber duck me as well. I have (as do all priests) less damage mitigation than at level 60. How does that work? Dont even get me STARTED on crowd control, every tom dick and f*cking harry seems to have a new stun except the class that really needs one - priests. Fear, lasts 8 seconds on a 30 second cooldown. And every fucker is undead, so WOTF is popped and i have to tank them for 30 seconds. If I can manage that (which clearly in arena is unlikely) I can throw another fear, which is normally either resisted or they just use their PvP trinket. So really I have to wait like 60 seconds before I can effectively crowd control. Bullshit. Utter utter bullshit. Not to mention that if I cast a heal EVERY class can spelllock me. Holy priest without control of the holy tree? Free arena points tbh.

So give me a paladin any day of the f*cking week. I love my priest for PvE, in 25 man raids where I can rely on not having mobs ganking the shite out of me, but PuG heroics? I can expect (given im in near full kara+ epics now) about 15g repairs by the end, and thats like 4/5 deaths. Its just stupid.

I dont want paladins to get nerfed, but I DO want priests to get a massive buff. We used to be able to outheal paladins, which IMO was fine. We're paper cannons. But now it works like this:

Paladins last longer before going OOM.
    Paladins can take FAR FAR more damage.
    Paladins heal for more or less the same.

How is that fair for the 'best healing class in the game'. Mind you blizzards priest page also refers to us as the 'master of crowd control' which is so totally and utterly wrong its almost laughable.

Anyway, rant over.
    Anyone want a dwarf priest? ;-)

Fav class would probably be paladin because they are by far and away the best PvE healer in the game.

Paladins argue priests are better, but as a priest I would trade every single skill in my spellbook for the armour of a paladin. A paladin in my guild (and probably most paladins tbh) have as much armour on his shield as I do with Devotion Aura, Inner Fire & Druid buff.

Fade is the most useless skill in PvE now, it just doesnt remove enough agro. If I pull in a heroic I have no choice but to fear. If noone pulls the mob off me during the fear duration I just have to bubble (which once again has scaled abysmally since TBC) and spam heal myself.

Its the same for PvP. Take a holy priest to the arena and I have to respec to full discipline to stand a chance. Rogues can (and do) stunlock me from full->zero (can I just interject that I'm not an idiot, I have a stamina set, 10,500hp self buffed). Breaking through both my shield and my PrOM. Mortal strike warriors will rubber duck me as well. I have (as do all priests) less damage mitigation than at level 60. How does that work? Dont even get me STARTED on crowd control, every tom dick and f*cking harry seems to have a new stun except the class that really needs one - priests. Fear, lasts 8 seconds on a 30 second cooldown. And every fucker is undead, so WOTF is popped and i have to tank them for 30 seconds. If I can manage that (which clearly in arena is unlikely) I can throw another fear, which is normally either resisted or they just use their PvP trinket. So really I have to wait like 60 seconds before I can effectively crowd control. Bullshit. Utter utter bullshit. Not to mention that if I cast a heal EVERY class can spelllock me. Holy priest without control of the holy tree? Free arena points tbh.

So give me a paladin any day of the f*cking week. I love my priest for PvE, in 25 man raids where I can rely on not having mobs ganking the shite out of me, but PuG heroics? I can expect (given im in near full kara+ epics now) about 15g repairs by the end, and thats like 4/5 deaths. Its just stupid.

I dont want paladins to get nerfed, but I DO want priests to get a massive buff. We used to be able to outheal paladins, which IMO was fine. We're paper cannons. But now it works like this:

Paladins last longer before going OOM.
    Paladins can take FAR FAR more damage.
    Paladins heal for more or less the same.

How is that fair for the 'best healing class in the game'. Mind you blizzards priest page also refers to us as the 'master of crowd control' which is so totally and utterly wrong its almost laughable.

Anyway, rant over.
    Anyone want a dwarf priest? ;-)[/b]
    You do realise that the priest pvp trinket breaks stuns? Full stunlocks are no longer possible since patch 2.1 on anybody with a clue. Use the trinket at the start of kidneyshot and you are sailing. Priest is a hard class to play though, you do need a lot of resilience to be effective in pvp since you are always a target of the assist train.

If you play priest as a lone healer in arena, with low resilience (less than 200), then you will get shutdown badly. It isn't a tank class like paladin and if you play it that way then its not good news. Almost everyone can interrupt now, and priests need a 2nd healer to support them. I think they are more effective used offensively with someone else backing them up, paladin+priest is still the best healer combination in the game.

I think shadowpriest is kinda crap in arena, with the exception of 2v2, partnered with a warlock. That combo just melts faces. I have access to a level 60 priest in tier3, and when we get him to 70 i think he will be a holy/disc dispelling/mana burning monster. Priests are awesome in 5v5 and i will probably play priest instead of my rogue in 5v5 until the issues with rogues in 5's are fixed.

Strider

gogog pally

Possibly a warlock, although a shadow priest is also incredibly fun to play around with when coupled with a decent tank.

You are = you're.

Warlocks will beat rogues at a high enough level, but those players are quite rare. You won't see any of those warlocks in battlegrounds. But its not as one sided as ringwraith believes, no warlock will ever beat a rogue without taking a lot of damage.[/b]
    Depends on if the rogues gets seen before attacking..

if so lock > rogue

b1gshow

Even if the rogues doesn't get seen it takes time to take down a lock with 11k hp and some high resilience and lets not forget skillcoil lol.

Ainelover

if ur a skilled fury warrior u can beat at 70 u can beat any class no matter how skilled they are, got movies on it, got proof, done it myself, i hate bullshiters who says lock can win any1 just cuz they can crit 5k or whatever.zzz shaman can also crit high.

Megutlek

I loved fearing with warlock
    i played on a private server and skill fear was bugged.

My other favourite is the warrior.
    Both of them looks good also

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12