Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wow even worth playing now?

This is a discussion on Wow even worth playing now? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; General reminder: Things can still change. The current plan is to make Emblems of Triumph the "base" of emblems so ...
Page: 1

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Default Wow even worth playing now?

General reminder: Things can still change.

The current plan is to make Emblems of Triumph the "base" of emblems so everything that drops Emblems of Conquest would be changed to Triumph and then the new raid content would drop the new highest emblem along with things like the heroic daily and such.

why not just give us all free gear every new patch? thats essentially what ur doing bliz <_<

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I'm in agreeance they make getting gear too easy with the badge system.

For me and my guild we are still doing 10 man stuff and have just started to do the heroic vertions of things. I think the problem is with people in very successfull guilds like yours is that you beaten the game with releative ease and you again have hit the limets of the current patch.

Because I am a more casual player I am enjoying the content still and I am slowly getting up to T9 parts and the stronger wepons.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Just like KO, WoW is going downhill. I quit because it's just casual gamer's paradise.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I'm in agreeance they make getting gear too easy with the badge system.

For me and my guild we are still doing 10 man stuff and have just started to do the heroic vertions of things. I think the problem is with people in very successfull guilds like yours is that you beaten the game with releative ease and you again have hit the limets of the current patch.

Because I am a more casual player I am enjoying the content still and I am slowly getting up to T9 parts and the stronger wepons.
    im lvl 30 =D haha, as far as ive seen it, this game is more of a solo player game in the beggining, then twoard the end it changes to more party reliant....

idk, i do agree, its very very easy 2 get gear, and it is VERY simple, and i do have 2 say, a lot of ppl suck in this game if u go pvp lol...

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I just PvE as it's more to what I enjoy from a game now.

If you are on the battle group of some strong servers you will find the arena a much bigger challange to win than CZ in KO

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
    im lvl 30 =D haha, as far as ive seen it, this game is more of a solo player game in the beggining, then twoard the end it changes to more party reliant....

idk, i do agree, its very very easy 2 get gear, and it is VERY simple, and i do have 2 say, a lot of ppl suck in this game if u go pvp lol...
    no one pvp's at 30 cuz they rather just get 80...tons pvp at 80 and i assure u its not crap...i enjoy 2v2 and 3v3 arena(i cant really get into 5v5 but maybe its just cuz i cant get a decent active group together for it) far more than i ever enjoyed having to chase pussies around in cz all day in KO

also i realize bliz is trying to cater to more casual players but theres a limit to that...if they make triumph from everything then i REALLY hope they redesign tier 9 gear so that u need SOME sort of token to get even the shitty welfare t9

last thing bliz needs are a bunch of noobs running around in pretty much the most recent tier gear that dont even know how to play their class...granted thats a huge population of wow right now ANYWAY, last thing bliz should be doing is increasing that populus

on a different note:

my t9 made druids look like dk's, now our t10 makes us look like warlocks rofl......i remember the days when druids looked like....oh ya DRUIDS

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...0_druid_hd.jpg
    le sigh at t10

not to mention they keep nerfing our bonuses every patch so they do less and less and less...t10 "2% chance rejuv will jump to a new target with full duration" 2% chance to do something potentially completely worthless, wow im speechless....

i know it sound bad, but a major faction of the people ive played WOW with are people on disability and they are the "casual" gamers you talk about and they cant handle more complicated events, i dont wanna get to far into some of their feelings cause its kinda not necessary, but in a short version, they cant handle too hard paced games, so they have really enjoyed the casualness wow is becoming, so i cant complain, it made them happy. for me personally, yes i think wow is very easy, but so is every mmo after you have learned the most important parts, like in KO, you learn to combo...pvp is done for you then, once you have learned combo and managing yourself against multiple people, thats all you need to know.
    in GW, all you need to know is which skills to put on your bar, thats it.
    in WOW, for dps learn a rotation, for heals, learn a rotation while being mindful of random hp drops, for tank, learn a rotation while being mindful of random mobs, in pvp. learn to keybind and reflex is all pvp is. (ofc there is some more to that but that is just the basic version)

so yeh its getting easy, but it still offers more than any MMO out there, and now its just being easier for the people who had a tough time. i still think they just make SOMETHING a lot more challenging for the more hardcore gamers of wow. but i really dont think its going to happen anymore.

KalaBunga Senior Member

the probleem is that.

in vannila wow i spend 6 weeks for a single bloodfang part to drop. i grind countless Hks to reach rank 13.

Tbhc was bad ass 2 so long it took most good raiding guilds to clear sunwell and wow it took ages before some one beated Kill jeaden.

Wolk: naxx was cleared 13 days after launch 10 & 25.

diablo

heh all was quiet awsome till the class (hero class as blizz says) appears named "Death Knight" (roflmao)

ofc after season2 pvp just died, and pve runied after sunwell.

dunno why people still bitch about dk's...theyve been balanced out now to the point theyre no better or worse than any other class :/ OP as fuck when they first came out but now theyre just average

Just left WoW for Kronos...ToC is utter crap. I really enjoyed twins the first time I went in there, then after that I just cleared it on all 3 chars every week for badges/gear. I most likely wouldn't have even done that if it didnt take an hour or less for each run. I've always been of the opinion that KO is much more fun to play as long as you have a group of friends you like to play with. WoW has the advantage that with the much larger number of players (and english speakers) its easier to find a group you liek to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    General reminder: Things can still change.

The current plan is to make Emblems of Triumph the "base" of emblems so everything that drops Emblems of Conquest would be changed to Triumph and then the new raid content would drop the new highest emblem along with things like the heroic daily and such.

why not just give us all free gear every new patch? thats essentially what ur doing bliz <_<

Casuals won the game after normal wow ended, since the release of tbc wow has been turning into a casual playground. Blizzard only seem to listen to the casuals since theyre the majority...

Quote Originally Posted by 3xiT View Post
    Tbhc was bad ass 2 so long it took most good raiding guilds to clear sunwell and wow it took ages before some one beated Kill jeaden.
    Kil'jaeden was killed the same week he was released, he just wasn't released right when Sunwell opened.

Its called maintaining a business. Blizzard still offers challenging encounters for the hardcore, and while TOC was a filler patch (25 H Anub isn't exactly a pushover either) there will always be a place for the hard core raider. Just because they're giving everyone good gear doesn't mean you can't go ahead and get better gear that they have to wait another content patch to see. Raiding now offers something to everyone, from the brain dead old guy who doesn't know how to move out of the fire to the 22 year old college drop out who raids 8 hours a day. Maybe it sucks that my purples are only slightly better than the purples of that terrible rogue doing a quarter of my dps, but he'll never be on the same progression level as I am, which for most progression raiders is the important thing.

And unless you're in one of the 12 guilds that killed Yogg-0 pre-nerf, you really don't have any right to say everything is too easy. If you are in one of those 12 guilds, months of preparing one encounter has proven you otherwise.

KalaBunga Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    And unless you're in one of the 12 guilds that killed Yogg-0 pre-nerf, you really don't have any right to say everything is too easy. If you are in one of those 12 guilds, months of preparing one encounter has proven you otherwise.
    guildless here for a long time

i think you do not see the mainpoint , were ppl spend 10 weeks in Vannila wow for a decent chest , now in WolK people can get great gear now in a few hour's if i do almost all the hc's i have inof badges already for t8 chest. and neck. On Kazzak horde and ally pugs doing toc 25 and toc 10 hardmodes , almost no one goes ulduar. cause its harder and worser gear.

Thing is blizz should put Attunements , you cant go to toc cause you have not cleared uldaur

The point was the game is too easy, which I guess can be interpreted different ways depending on what you play for. If you play to get your character in a decent gear set each content patch, then yeah its pretty easy. Even if thats your only goal in WoW I don't see how you can say the game is becoming too easy though with something like Yogg-0 being in the game a couple months ago. It's like if gold became a lot easier to get and getting a lot of gold was what you primarily enjoyed, it wouldn't be right to say the game has gotten too easy only because one part of it has become more accessible. Challenges still exist for those who want them, there is just an option for those who don't.

What I didn't like about TOC the most was that middle of the road guilds don't really have a place in it. The jump from normal to heroic is close to the jump from Naxx 10 to Ulduar 25 hard modes in terms of raid performance needed to succeed. There really is absolutely zero middle ground.

While attunements in their older state were usually more tedious than anything, I agree with you on that. Even the attunement for Malygos, similar to the one for Algalon, where one person needs to have something to allow your raid to continue would be fairly sufficient. Something like having to kill yogg or general to get into TOC or having to kill anub to get into icecrown makes a lot of sense, but I doubt they'll implement attunements if it risks blocking a good amount of people out of seeing what they've invested a lot of man hours into.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast