WOW help

This is a discussion on WOW help within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I have many questions about WOW because i'm planning on moving 1. what server do your recommend? I check on ...
Page: 1

bd-hoz

I have many questions about WOW because i'm planning on moving

1. what server do your recommend? I check on wowwiki where they tell info about server and for example they say WARSONG is one of the highest PVP-level server. is it real? and if I live in eastern US, will I lag in a europe server? which serev have a 1/1 alliance/horde ratio.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Realms_List

2. PVP and PVE. can I level in peace sometimes in a PVP server or I'll be one-hit by high-levels as soon as I get out of town? and If I go to a PVE server, can I still PVP whit some1 or everybody is a PVE addict?

3. instances. I heard that it takes like 4 hours and that a single error can rip off the party in 10 seconds.

4. what class is easy and fun to play for a noob? I'll play with a warrior but I don't like the fact that if you don't aggro well, all the party will die.

5. shaman overpowered? so if I make one I'll own everyone?

6. is it though to find a goog guild that makes instances to get T1-T2-T3?

7. what profession do you suggest to make money? and can I learn more than one profession? or learn one and when I'm at 375 change?

Fag

2. PVP and PVE. can I level in peace sometimes in a PVP server or I'll be one-hit by high-levels as soon as I get out of town? and If I go to a PVE server, can I still PVP whit some1 or everybody is a PVE addict?[/b]
    In pvp you can get killed by another faction and being corpse camped alot while lvling..
    About the pve, well you can lvl without problems but ofc you cant pk in other zones anymore.. So BGs and arenas are only places to pvp

3. instances. I heard that it takes like 4 hours and that a single error can rip off the party in 10 seconds.[/b]
    4. what class is easy and fun to play for a noob? I'll play with a warrior but I don't like the fact that if you don't aggro well, all the party will die.[/b]
    Well if some1 crashes on trash then there is no problems.. But if tank dcs on boss then boss agroes on dpsers (mostly rogues) and healers and raid gets killed.. So always have atleast 2 tanks in your raid

5. shaman overpowered? so if I make one I'll own everyone?[/b]
    All classes are equal. Every1 have their + and -
    It's just sometimes it's hard to kill a resto shaman with nature's guardian/earth shield
    And enhancement shamans are only for lvling, they are free honor in pvp on 70 (Enh shaman twinks not that bad tho)
    Also you must l2p with class then you can own some1 It takes alot of practice to find out the tricks in pvp of each class

7. what profession do you suggest to make money? and can I learn more than one profession? or learn one and when I'm at 375 change?[/b]
    You can learn 2 primary professions and all the secondary
    More info http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/professions/index.html
    And imo for best money making is skinning/mining. Well also alot of ppl take herb/alchemy and sell their potions :lol: Well never tried it so dunno how good is it

Aqu

1. If you live in the US you will be playing US wow, so playing on EU server isnt really advised. I cant comment on US servers (being a EU player).

2. On a PVP server you can (and will) be ganked by higher levels while you're levelling, but of course sometimes you can beat them which is fun. ALthough usually you will only be attacked by people higher level than yourself and will end up running back from the graveyard. People PvP on PvE servers though, but you just cant do it globally, you have to do arenas and battlegrounds.

3. Proper raid instances that you are still learning can takes days to do, but you do it in 4 hour stints (or however long your guild wants). Normal 5-man instances take somewhere between 1 hour and 2 usually. Naah a single error can be deadly for someone (i.e. a mage pulling agro) but for the party as a whole its usually ok. Of course if a tank dies on a boss all 24 other people will die and you'll have to start again. But its not as stressful as you're making it sound. As a healer there are usually 6-8 healers depending on your raid, so if you make an error (like healing the wrong person) chances are that one of the other healers will cover for you. Just try not to mess up too often

4. Any class is easy and fun, as you level you get tips on how to play the class. You get into a routine of how to kill mobs, the more you play the more you learn and the better you will be at your class. People say that some classes are 'easy mode' but thats a lie.

5. Shaman is not really anymore overpowered than any other class, Mortal strike warriors give you a healing debuff and hit friggin hard, rogues stunlock you, shamans purge your buffs off you. Mages POM-Pyro you and can get you down by like 6/7k health just using instant casts. So all classes are deadly in the right hands.

6. Dont really understand what you're saying here. If you mean is it EASY to get a guild, then yeah it is. Get decent gear from heroic instances/regular instances and then apply for one of the better ones on your server (you can find them on your realm forum). Although you wont be getting T1-T2-T3 as they're all outdated now. Its T4-T5 and T6 now

7. I've found that mining is a decent money maker, and I've heard that skinning is too. So those two combod would be good for money. You can learn 2 professions at the same time. Check the blizzard site, they describe them You can change professions whenever you want, but of course you will start from level 0 on the new ones.

Fag

Mages POM-Pyro you and can get you down by like 6/7k[/b]
    Damn that pisses me off.. Polymorph -> pyro -> pom -> pyro and you are at 30-40% hp Hate those bitches

you can play on EU wow from the US, and vice-versa easy enough. I played on US wow with a 200 ping for a month or so and it was fine. I would suggest a ranged class if your ping is high, since melee can encounter range problems.

And instances are easy, you can get away with mistakes if they are small. Healers and tanks have to concentrate a lot more than DPS though. I have seen other dpsers with horrible gear, bad spec and no clue raiding SSC and higher every week. Some guilds are strict on slackers, some are not. Really, if you have enough time to play, there is no excuse not to complete most of the raid content in this game provided your guild is decent.

And as for shamans, no they are not overpowered. For pve enhancement and resto are good, for pvp resto and elemental are good. Do not go enhancement for pvp under any circumstances . Shamans are a class that only really shine with a very skilled player with nice gear and a good spec. Shamans have pretty bad itemisation, and most of them (especially the new draeneis) seem confused about their builds and how to use their skills properly, its not an easy class to master. I would advise against going shaman as a 1st character.

Yun_Yuuzhan

...and most of them [...] seem confused about their builds and how to use their skills properly...[/b]
    That's a problem that plagues most of WoW, actually. Don't know about you, but most players that I come across just don't appear to have their heads screwed on straight. I don't remember seeing this level of ineptness in KO.

Cronoh

i can help you with anything you need in WoW, bd-hoz, whats your aim or something to contact you?

That's a problem that plagues most of WoW, actually. Don't know about you, but most players that I come across just don't appear to have their heads screwed on straight. I don't remember seeing this level of ineptness in KO.[/b]
    Problem is the game is tailored to idiots like that in most situations, thus making the game only a small percentage of how great it could actually be.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Problem is the game is tailored to idiots like that in most situations, thus making the game only a small percentage of how great it could actually be.[/b]
    Indeed. I'm looking forward to Warhammer, personally.

Road

That's a problem that plagues most of WoW, actually. Don't know about you, but most players that I come across just don't appear to have their heads screwed on straight. I don't remember seeing this level of ineptness in KO.[/b]
    There is no "ineptness" happening in ko because that game is so simple how could you be bad at it.... Wow is a learning curve compared to KO.

Matador

There is no "ineptness" happening in ko because that game is so simple how could you be bad at it.... Wow is a learning curve compared to KO.[/b]

eh i dont agree 100% there KO is not so simple in Pvp i want to see a nub pvp in ko and then pvp in WoW i bet 100% he would bet WoW is easier. But i do agree WoW does make u learn how to use teams and strategies more then KO does. Pve especially becuz without team work in raids and etc ur fucked in da arse and will wipe

There is no "ineptness" happening in ko because that game is so simple how could you be bad at it.... Wow is a learning curve compared to KO.[/b]
    KO allows you to develop skill to overcome others of better gear/numbers. (numbers not always unless you have gear I suppose)

WoW makes it so you can develop skill but it's so unpredictable that you can't constantly get better at it because the game has a very large element of LUCK to it. Critical chances, skills failing, all of these force you to depend on the luck of the draw and don't allow you to exceed in skill level because in order to execute a strategy or an attack perfectly, you must be able to predict all the elements of it to at least some degree.

The fact that there are so many classes and so many skills and many skills that don't balance each other out makes it impossible to be the best alone, or be the best in a small group. You are required to play certain classes to exceed against others or to have an equal chance.

I would think as a druid you would know that best (unless of course you primarly 1v1, which still isn't always in the druid's favor).

Yun_Yuuzhan

KO allows you to develop skill to overcome others of better gear/numbers. (numbers not always unless you have gear I suppose)

WoW makes it so you can develop skill but it's so unpredictable that you can't constantly get better at it because the game has a very large element of LUCK to it. Critical chances, skills failing, all of these force you to depend on the luck of the draw and don't allow you to exceed in skill level because in order to execute a strategy or an attack perfectly, you must be able to predict all the elements of it to at least some degree.
    ...[/b]

I couldn't have said it better myself. WoW is a game of gear and chance mixed with some skill. KO was a game of skill and reflex mixed with some gear.

I'm convinced the reason there are apparently so many unskilled players in WoW is a combination of a ) the larger playerbase and b ) casual or newer MMO players. How many players in WoW have never played an MMO before, how many players only do an instance for a couple hours twice a week or so and rarely set foot in BGs or Arena?

I understand why you'd mention a learning curve, Road, as I believe druids are by far the hardest class to master. But warriors, rogues, mages, and hunters aren't nearly so difficult to master, and once you learn the ins and outs as well as the tricks, the rest of it comes down to gear, really.