Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Just made this.

This is a discussion on Just made this. within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; kk well haven't used ps for a while but i started again a couple days ago. just made this..i like ...
Page: 1

Banned

kk well haven't used ps for a while but i started again a couple days ago. just made this..i like it but there's always room for improvement.

k well. it doesn't matter about whats good, that doesn't help. just tell me whats bad about it. (and be serious people)

cRuX

Lacks effects.

Banned

Ok. Maybe you can recommend some effects and explain in detail about how to do them. that'd be perfect

try some different efects on your backroudns that just looks like. render,orange backround, yellow bursh, and the text.

you can try just using some different brushes an jsut mess around. put it on filter effects dabble with the hue/saturation to get a feel for the color which can create some good backrounds. or the new style i like to use is.

you need lots of brushes for this. just switch brushes every 1-2 strokes. and switch off between black and white. try to make the brush to a size larger then the sig. Layer - new adjustment layer - color balance. maybe use 2-3 of those and you can make great backrounds with good coloring.

goodluck.

Banned

try some different efects on your backroudns that just looks like. render,orange backround, yellow bursh, and the text.

you can try just using some different brushes an jsut mess around. put it on filter effects dabble with the hue/saturation to get a feel for the color which can create some good backrounds. or the new style i like to use is.

you need lots of brushes for this. just switch brushes every 1-2 strokes. and switch off between black and white. try to make the brush to a size larger then the sig. Layer - new adjustment layer - color balance. maybe use 2-3 of those and you can make great backrounds with good coloring.

goodluck.[/b]

ahh nice. got anymore tips? :P

ahh nice. got anymore tips? :P[/b]
    hmmm give me a few minutes and ill edit this with some.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Kinda plain, but I like it.

bg and text r too plain. text looks like u just slapped it on there. also either take out the border or make the height of the sig smaller.

Banned

bg and text r too plain. text looks like u just slapped it on there. also either take out the border or make the height of the sig smaller.[/b]
    thats EXACTLY what i did. ok..it's plain and it sucks. i got that. tell me how to make it better, ja?

magic. following what i said you can combine those methods and its rlly just all in your head. you can make anything. just need to think of it .

liquify/filter gallery/brushes/new adjustment - color balance/blurs/lighting effect/lens flare/blending options/opacity/brightness&contrast/hue&saturation

are all things you can use to make some pretty sweet backrounds.

lighting effects can rlly brighten up something you want to be focus on. blending options are in your layer tool bar. and should be used on almost every if not all of your layers except your bottom layer. a nice technique using filter gallery would be using the same backround and make 2-3 copies of it. put them through filter gallery and find which one makes it look good..or wich one gives it that extra something you are looking for, dont worry about the color cause that can always be changed. brushes you need to work on your own, download some cool brushes and jsut mess around for a little. liquify i only rlly use for one think and thats making spikes, using the first tool at 7,13,19 size you can make some cool spikes if thats what you are looking for. color balance if used a few times can adjust layers to the color you want aswell as give you different fades and shades of the colors.blurs - radial can make backround circular or even just make it look like an explosion goign in all directions - motion can give you a nice stream as if a beam of light were coming down - gaussian just plain blurs every thing to a see through level. brightness contrast is exactly what it says lol. hue changes the colors, saturation kinda intesifies the colors form grey to just kinda solid rlly. lens falre is something you need to test on your own but in reality it makes something that looks like a sun, or even a light. opacity is the difference of if you want to be able to see whats behind it or not 0% its not there and 100% its solid, everything inbetween is a lvl of transparency.

text i suck at :P dl some rlly good fonts and that makes it easy.

hope that helps ya.

Banned

magic. following what i said you can combine those methods and its rlly just all in your head. you can make anything. just need to think of it .

liquify/filter gallery/brushes/new adjustment - color balance/blurs/lighting effect/lens flare/blending options/opacity/brightness&contrast/hue&saturation

are all things you can use to make some pretty sweet backrounds.

lighting effects can rlly brighten up something you want to be focus on. blending options are in your layer tool bar. and should be used on almost every if not all of your layers except your bottom layer. a nice technique using filter gallery would be using the same backround and make 2-3 copies of it. put them through filter gallery and find which one makes it look good..or wich one gives it that extra something you are looking for, dont worry about the color cause that can always be changed. brushes you need to work on your own, download some cool brushes and jsut mess around for a little. liquify i only rlly use for one think and thats making spikes, using the first tool at 7,13,19 size you can make some cool spikes if thats what you are looking for. color balance if used a few times can adjust layers to the color you want aswell as give you different fades and shades of the colors.blurs - radial can make backround circular or even just make it look like an explosion goign in all directions - motion can give you a nice stream as if a beam of light were coming down - gaussian just plain blurs every thing to a see through level. brightness contrast is exactly what it says lol. hue changes the colors, saturation kinda intesifies the colors form grey to just kinda solid rlly. lens falre is something you need to test on your own but in reality it makes something that looks like a sun, or even a light. opacity is the difference of if you want to be able to see whats behind it or not 0% its not there and 100% its solid, everything inbetween is a lvl of transparency.

text i suck at :P dl some rlly good fonts and that makes it easy.
    hope that helps ya.[/b]
    sexy. ill try smth

Banned

i rly like this one h34r:

i rly like this one h34r:[/b]
    Much better.

What I find bad about it is lightning.
    I cannot see where the source comes from, whether from the core or her head. Try to emphazise it and have shadows, lights according to it.
    Use a different font, that one sux.
    Don't like the b lack parts on the left. Render is kinda dark aswell, but you may find hard to fix that.

I'd totally erase those weird ass lines in the middle and work with the BG you had, its good, but it needs work.
    Needs deph.

maybe if you made them smaller so you have less room to fill that was my problem starting out was i tried using too much space and they didnt get good effects

another thing is youre using color balance for the color effect? cause color balance + different effects like brightness/contrast/curve and other things can really make a sig pop color wise

also how many layers do you use? just one for the background work? or a series of layers?

Ya, make the sigs smaller
    I personally use 380x115 but choose a size you feel comfortable with and work on it. Thats too big.
    Always use many layers for the bg, you can change the blending of some of them and make it look cooler, or erase - re do parts more easily.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast