What Photoshop is best for a newbie?

This is a discussion on What Photoshop is best for a newbie? within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; So I wanna try out photoshop, maybe try some signatures. But I don't know which photoshop to get, CS2 or ...
Page: 1

So I wanna try out photoshop, maybe try some signatures. But I don't know which photoshop to get, CS2 or CS3.
    Any advice ?

CS4 FTW!!!! :P

Banned

Haven't worked alot in photoshop lately, but it doesn't really matter.

Lord0fWar

7.0 ftw. !!!!1112222
    pros can do with out smudge scattering settings = )

evilwevel

i'd say CS4 since they changed the layout of the menus after CS3 which is a pain in the ass. i switched back because it took me to long to find where everything was moved to. so i'm kinda stuck with CS3.

so if you learn using CS4 you probably won't have any problems with newer editions. if you're talking about functions only, then there's no real difference. most changes after 7.0 were so minor i didn't even notice them. the more pro stuff probably changed, from 7 to 8 was a big difference, so take any CS version and you're good to go.

Thanks for replies.

I'm gonna look for CS4, if I can't find it I will get CS3. Apparently it doesn't matter that much I thought there would be more differences between the versions.

Banned Senior Member

i'd say CS4 since they changed the layout of the menus after CS3 which is a pain in the ass. i switched back because it took me to long to find where everything was moved to. so i'm kinda stuck with CS3.

so if you learn using CS4 you probably won't have any problems with newer editions. if you're talking about functions only, then there's no real difference. most changes after 7.0 were so minor i didn't even notice them. the more pro stuff probably changed, from 7 to 8 was a big difference, so take any CS version and you're good to go.[/b]
    yeah any of the CS version is good as they a pretty simular, but i prefer C3 before any of the other as its upgrade of 1 and 2 and its easier to work with (compare to CS4) imo