Being a mage

This is a discussion on Being a mage within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; I am currently a bp and want to switch to ice mage but I wanted to know some things about ...
Page: 1

Vanquisher

I am currently a bp and want to switch to ice mage but I wanted to know some things about it first. If I was a lvl 60 ice mage could I kill solo any bosses?(with a priest) This is having GE +6 and some other decent uniques. Do ice mages do good in wars and in bdw? O yeah this isnt a paper mage either. I was also thinking of going ice/lighting instead of ice/fire. Any other info on Ice mages would be good.

Thanks

jordan900

u can kill the little mini bosses but i highly doubt you can kill any boss in eslant....actually maybe shula prolly some in cz as well

Vanquisher

what about wars and stuff. I have seen some pk movies were ice mages were doing pretty good.

wideload620

Better pking mages are ethier fire or lg these both do more damage then some little ice staff. THey are mainly support mages so only for icing tping icing tping running and tping some more.

_DecapitatoR_

If you want to do damage with ice, get some shios +1s and at least GE +7. As people have already said, ice is mainly support, if you have some good people to pk with, then ice is a good option.
    Otherwise, go fire for raw damage or light which can stun, good for parties and just killing.

By the sounds of it, you dont have a mighty budget. I would suggest GE+6 mabey even elixir +7 and crimson +7 or complete +7 (+8 crimson if can afford). No you cant kill many bosses, but in my opinion pk is great fun as long as you dont mind being a back up player as a pose to a killer with the budget you have. With the increase of slow rate ice mage is alot more powerful, so you slow people, your melee party members run in and rape all, and if in nova party you can slow them with the ice nova and the flame mages make hell rain on the other nation before they have time to run (thx to your ice nova)

what about wars and stuff. I have seen some pk movies were ice mages were doing pretty good.[/b]
    Those mages are not lvl 60 I can tell you, or you have been watching some KE movies :unsure:
    Ice on your lvl is mostly ksing with nova, or supporting your party members by slowing enemys for your safety, or stop them from running. As said before. Go fire for some damage, with that you might kill a little cute shaula. My advise...start exping

trionaleo

Cool

depends what u like doing.....
    if ure into bossing... u cant kill nuts as a lvl 60 ice mage... but u can solo attila at like lvl 65 fire.
    for lvling generally people like ice mages for aoe...
    for pking... if u have regular party members who can tank and can kill with no problem then reskill, ice mage is supposed to be support mage so all ure doing is nova, blizzard, tp and alot of running. but fire u would be attacking mage and helping ure party frag as well as tp.
    for wars... u probably wont kill much. fire mages has high ksing rate.. u will get tons of np as fire.
    for bdw... ice mage rocks but fire frags alot

i was a fire mage in my low lvls in myko and now im ice mage in usko... and i can see a big difference.... now i cant solo anything and it gets really frustrating and i was able to tank attila in myko and lvl 63 fire... now im 65 ice and i cant even kill blood dons properly. so i suggest that u stay fire until u get the hang of tping and playing support and once u got regular pk members that can kill fine without u, then reskill ice and play support.

as for paper mage...i never really liked em... too fragile for me. but its cheap armour... if u got money i suggest u go armour... will be easier for when u want to change to ice... cos paper ice to me is pointless...

cheers i hope this helps