Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comboing

This is a discussion on Comboing within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; This is not a comboing guide - there are plenty out there. This is for newbies who want to know ...
Page: 1

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

This is not a comboing guide - there are plenty out there. This is for newbies who want to know what it is, and the theory of how it's achieved.

Combo is used to use skills faster that your character does normally. When you use a skill your character does an animation to go with the skill, and depending on the skill used, the "action" happens at some point through that animation. Comboing is when you cut the animation short as soon as the "action" has happened, letting your character use the skill again (or a different skill if it is still on cooldown).

The most commonly used combo is for attacking, as the "action" (i.e. the damage) for most attacks happens very early in the animation. Attacking combos also make use of the basic attack "r" during the combo.

Various actions in the game will cancel your skill animation. Most often the action used is movement with the keyboard (w,a,s,d). Other possible actions include "Stop attack" (pressing r to stop a basic attack once it's been started), sitting down ©, towning (/town) or movement with the mouse (much trickier).

Many skills in the game can be combo'd, such as a priest's heals and buffs, a mage's AOE attacks, or "blade" attack. Even a mage's TP skill can be combo'd to some extent. Some skills can be combo'd more easily if the mage/priest is in a transform scroll.

The best way to learn to combo is to watch the animation of your skills carefully, and work out at what point the "action" happens. Then you have to practice moving just as soon as you reach that point in the animation. For practice purposes i'd recommend using "s" to take a step backwards, as this moves your character the smallest distance.

Historically there was a very big argument about whether combo was legal or bug abuse. Finally the GMs (in USKO at least) decided that combo was legal.

Most players now agree that combo adds a level of skill to the game where it would otherwise be all level/item based.

minhking

Wink

Excellent tips for all. All new players should read this !!!

IllusionS

Seems to explain pretty good, wish I had this when I was a little nooblette!

I would suggest adding some of the basic combos in there, I know you said what you can use to cancel it, but just throwing in r-r-skill etc would help as well, and maybe explain what the damage box should say if you do correctly!

Banned

Seems to explain pretty good, wish I had this when I was a little nooblette!

I would suggest adding some of the basic combos in there, I know you said what you can use to cancel it, but just throwing in r-r-skill etc would help as well, and maybe explain what the damage box should say if you do correctly![/b]
    yee

Boyce

I think too complicated for someone who has no idea what comboing is, like czm said try explain a basic combo

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

I will try and make a couple of short video clips to go with this, to demonstrate what a combo attack looks like to the player compared to a normal "spam skills". Can we embed youtube clips onto the forum? Maybe one of the admins/mods could embed it for me if you need special access.

Strider

cool worth a read

Add that there is no such thing as minor combo. -_-

Excellent tips for all. All new players should read this !!! [/b]
    YOUR SIG IS huge

knightned

i know minor combo...

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

i know minor combo...[/b]

and that comment was by far one of the best ive ever read on this board..

it has drama, flaming, sarcasm, lies, corruption, retardness and alot more in it , not to mention how useless it is.

DragonFire

Add that there is no such thing as minor combo. -_-[/b]

You mean Minor Heal combo? cause if that's what you mean..then You need to check again.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

i know minor combo...[/b]

Whats even more worrying is someone is copying my slogan AQ!!!

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

lol at first i thought you were acually asking what comboing is xD i was about to tell ya if your name is Chuck Norris u better know what comboing is xD

li0nheart

when minor heal comboing, use s-r so your minor heal doesnt get canceled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast