Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Psy's Guide on how to Not Get Scammed

This is a discussion on Psy's Guide on how to Not Get Scammed within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; Psy's Guide on how to Not Get Scammed 1a. Do not do trades that involve two or more trades. 2. ...
Page: 1

Psy

1a. Do not do trades that involve two or more trades.

2. To make sure that someone's not jipping you, check the item with your cursor before trading (e.x. someone's selling a bardish in moradon for a cheap price, they show you the bardish, close the trade window, then trade you a grim scythe instead. You thought it was a bardish because the icons were the same, so now you are stuck with a Grim Scythe boohoo. This also applies when you're buying armors, and people will try the same thing with lower + armors.)

3a. Do not share your account or credit card information with anyone (and just to be safe incase the Nigerian scammers start playing Knight Online, do not share ANY information about yourself!).

3b. If you are going to share anyways, then make sure you have a secure secret answer and your items of value are all sealed.

4a. Do not open any files that people send you. They may have keyloggers (or something worse) inside. (Being tricked in this way qualifies as being scammed. The person that scams you doesn't have to know you, and just because a program was involved does not make it any less of a scam... only more sneaky.)

4b. Do not play in internet cafes. Computers can be specially programmed to have keyloggers and be undetectable. Even the cafe owner can scam you. (In many cases, people will put keyloggers on public computers, and it won't necessarily be the cafe owner himself that places it there.)

5. Intuition: If you think they might scam you, then don't do business with them. Find someone else or wait for a reliable person to do the same deal.

6. Trade mediators: Do not trust new market moderators. Also, make sure you verify an admin or mod is an admin or mod by requesting a PM on KO4Life to verify their MSN.

1talus

YEA!!!! =D

ChowBoy

Nice Guide

I got a rly nice tip to, take a scissors and cut your net cable

and then you can screw this game and play worms or something.

Psy

Added #5

Also, whether it be usd or ingame. I suggest not rushing things. talk to the person. you can learn alot about them by asking around and just listening to the way they talk. you dont have to be a genius. Thats just my opinon anyway, and the beer talking hence my terrific grammer.

Hey cutie Senior Member

I got a rly nice tip to, take a scissors and cut your net cable

and then you can screw this game and play worms or something.[/b]
    ur a retard, stfu

nice guide, now need a guide on USD transactionss, i think there is on but to long to read

1a. Do not do trades that involve two or more trades.

2. To make sure that someone's not jipping you, check the item with your cursor before trading (e.x. someone's selling a bardish in moradon for a cheap price, they show you the bardish, close the trade window, then trade you a grim scythe instead. You thought it was a bardish because the icons were the same, so now you are stuck with a Grim Scythe boohoo. This also applies when you're buying armors, and people will try the same thing with lower + armors.)

3. Do not share your account or credit card information with anyone (and just to be safe incase the Nigerian scammers start playing Knight Online, do not share ANY information about yourself!).

4a. Do not open any files that people send you. They may have keyloggers (or something worse) inside. (Being tricked in this way qualifies as being scammed. The person that scams you doesn't have to know you, and just because a program was involved does not make it any less of a scam... only more sneaky.)

4b. Do not play in internet cafes. Computers can be specially programmed to have keyloggers and be undetectable. Even the cafe owner can scam you. (In many cases, people will put keyloggers on public computers, and it won't necessarily be the cafe owner himself that places it there.)

5. Intuition: If you think they might scam you, then don't do business with them. Find someone else or wait for a reliable person to do the same deal.[/b]

I didnt do any of that and i still got scammed. >_>

Psy

I didnt do any of that and i still got scammed. >_>[/b]
    what about rule number 3?!

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Isn't this already stickied somewhere?

Psy

Isn't this already stickied somewhere?[/b]
    No, the USD selling guide is in each market section though. It needs updating.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

No, the USD selling guide is in each market section though. It needs updating.[/b]
    Oh, thats what I was thinking of then :lol:

Banned

Tell me what to update and i will.

Banned

This is a great guide. I think "Do not share" should be number one though.

Psy

This is a great guide. I think "Do not share" should be number one though.[/b]
    Yeah, people here usually read the first 5 words, skim over the rest to find any "fucks," then read the closing sentence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast