Desperate Map Requests (2000-2004)

This is a discussion on Desperate Map Requests (2000-2004) within the Starcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I'm looking for a bunch of old maps that I used to play 5-9 years ago, if anyone could help ...
Page: 1

Default Desperate Map Requests (2000-2004)

I'm looking for a bunch of old maps that I used to play 5-9 years ago, if anyone could help me out i'l love you long time.

Map names with * by them are ones that i'm desperately trying to find.

Maps:
    ***Gear Defense (I'l do anything for you if you can find this classic map from 2001, i'l even pay money as a reward if its the first one and not one of the sequals)
    Final Fantasy III
    *Another Very Similar FF Map (Tp to a Battle Area with music like above, but had FF chars from different games)
    *KoN. Bound
    *DBZ Saga's Bound
    *Dune Bound
    Realm Bound
    Reaver Defense
    *Reaver Defense 2000
    Atomic Madness
    AC - Cannon Defense
    *Worms (Using shuttles, tail trail behind you and you could shoot missiles and stuff)
    Lylia And The Forgotten Caves
    *Anything made by Metalkon/Hydrakon/ToGikon/Admirl-Cameron/Clan KoN

GEAR DEFENSE:
    Gear defense was my first map with success, it was also the biggest defense map to ever be created with 75 levels and three boss's at the time. I made the map somewhere in 2001 and i'v met a few people who used to love the map also. I stopped working on the map by a little after v2.30 and I lost it back in 03 or 04. I made three sequals with several more levels and the Civilian Nuke intro, but they never had the magic of the first one.

The Terrain

Installation Terrain
    1) The path where you fight the enemies that try to get to the gear, it was wide but not too long.
    2) The place where you buy your units with civilians or minerals (forgot which), it wasn't one big area, but a mess of little paths to different units.
    3) Intro, you find a Civilian say "hey, how'd the hell I get here?" fallowed by the "Nuclear Launch Detected" sound where he then gets blown up (used a trigger, explosion created by a Carrier and other air units)
    4) There was a "Monster" roaming around in there with crystals protecting something, when an enemy got to the gear then you'd lose a crystal. You could buy more crystals to shield it, but if the monster touches that object then you all lose.
    5) The Special/VeryExpensive Unit place, you could teleport your civilians over there from the normal place (#2) but it was made due to the lack of space.
    6) I kept track of levels by having 75 spider mines, when P1 starts the next round or when the timer is up, a mine will explode causing the monsters to spawn which you must kill. There was a boss wave every 25 levels, these boss's were set to attack your Gear Defenders even if you didn't block the path.
    7) The Gear, there was also a Siege tank behind it as a last defense.
    Last edited by Metalkon; 08-02-2009 at 11:55 PM.

You really are the person who made or helped create those maps. I knew i remembered your name from somewhere before, and now i kno lolz. Dang i remember playing reaver defense, and AC cannon defense. Making those maps must've taken you very long to make. Good sutff man.
    Unfortunately, i formatted my computer ages ago and lost those files. Im sry i couldn't help.

Staredit Network » Topic: [5] Gear Defense

I'm remaking the game all for the sake of nostalgia though my offer for the original still stands, I plan to try and put as much magic into the new one that the old one had.

I probably made the first proper Reaver Defense map in StarCraft back in 1999 but if you played it then thats awesome to hear (did it have twilight terrain and primitive south to north gameplay with scattered/walled reavers?).

Sadly I worked on too many maps at once and rarely released anything after 2003, my most well known map was the Yugioh Duel Monsters remake (Gold Versions) that are still played today. I had to quit playing SC for nearly half a year because of the flood of pms and constantly being kicked out of games for "spoofing my name". In 2003-2005 that map was like starcrafts version of dota in terms of poplarity.
    Last edited by Metalkon; 09-26-2009 at 12:43 AM.

deathntaxes

you were in clan mp wern't ya

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

i used to make a few maps myself mostly fmp
    but i did a few ums
    reap[e]r on west if anyone knows
    or gg)illness
    or um hmm lol
    gg)gosugamers or z at end dont remember
    also sometimes on eternyl

Quote Originally Posted by deathntaxes View Post
    you were in clan mp wern't ya
    Me and hydrakon started Clan KoN in mid/late 2002.

I felt guilty leaving StarCraft for Runescape in 2004 because the clan fell appart soon after I stopped playing SC as my main game, toGiKon and hydrakon were the other leaders keeping the clan organised but idk what happend but they tried remaking the clan a couple times in 2004-2005.

All KoN members had "kon" in their name somewhere.