Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Ko4life StarCraft Clan

This is a discussion on Ko4life StarCraft Clan within the Starcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; most definately 2v2's. Sure 1v1 is hard enough especially if your facing a good rush, but in a 2v2 depending ...
Page: 10

most definately 2v2's. Sure 1v1 is hard enough especially if your facing a good rush, but in a 2v2 depending on the strength of your partner, and opponents you could take a double rush. But on the same note if you are getting double banged, if your partner see's that your okay can possibly make a crippling blow through a nice counter attack to at least one opponent. Because most of the time it is easier to defend than attack. In your base you always have your worker's even though it is irritating to use them to defend its better than to lose the game for you and your partner.

Since everyone is making comments towards Korean players is their a site or something to check out some of their matches. In my limited experience with korean players in Bgh, and fast money i have found them somewhat lacking. I realize that is an big generalization, and an ignorant comment but in my experience's that is what ive seen. I actually hadnt noticed any korean when i first started playing all those years ago. But now most of the games from about 4am est til noon are mostly all korean.

TunaFishyMe

Most people dont sunken right after gas since a sunken takes up 125 mins, which could be spent on something more useful like lings or drones...if you are playing zvz, you would want to gas early since you need mutas asap or at the very minimum hydras. But in other mus, like PvZ, you might want to expo first to optain an econ advantage. 1 base P will kill a 1 base Z...as Z vs P, you need a lot more expos. anyways, the game is really complicated and unless one actualyl tries to play at a higher level, its really hard to see exactly HOW complicated this game is...its so complicated that anyone who starts playing now will never beat a current pro. At least not for like 5 years lol.

which takes more skill? 2v2 or 1v1? Thats a good question. tbh, i think they are two entirely different scopes that are hard to compare. I dont have too much experience on 2v2 but you can do a lot more with it since you can rely on your partner kind a thing.

Patient

most definately 2v2's. Sure 1v1 is hard enough especially if your facing a good rush, but in a 2v2 depending on the strength of your partner, and opponents you could take a double rush. But on the same note if you are getting double banged, if your partner see's that your okay can possibly make a crippling blow through a nice counter attack to at least one opponent. Because most of the time it is easier to defend than attack. In your base you always have your worker's even though it is irritating to use them to defend its better than to lose the game for you and your partner.
    Since everyone is making comments towards Korean players is their a site or something to check out some of their matches. In my limited experience with korean players in Bgh, and fast money i have found them somewhat lacking. I realize that is an big generalization, and an ignorant comment but in my experience's that is what ive seen. I actually hadnt noticed any korean when i first started playing all those years ago. But now most of the games from about 4am est til noon are mostly all korean.[/b]
    I think here we could really say that, well, 2vs2 takes great cooperation, meaning you would need to adapt your macro according to ur enemies, BUT also according to your ally. On the other hand, that ally also makes things easier, he can help you. Also true, that team work is the factor that makes everything harder. On the other hand there is one pretty big thing concerning 2vs2, you mostly or never go to max limit, and i can tell you, leading attacks with these huge army's takes flawless micro because you have so many things to control, which is, imo, not needed in 2vs2, someone or everything is over very soon.
    Ah, i really didn't see real pro's play 2vs2,so realy don't know what to say, you could be easily right, i am just trying to make discussion
    And yea, in 2vs2 you can always blame it on your ally :P

Patient

lol, its 4 am, i need to go to work tomorrow...

TunaFishyMe

Since everyone is making comments towards Korean players is their a site or something to check out some of their matches. In my limited experience with korean players in Bgh, and fast money i have found them somewhat lacking. I realize that is an big generalization, and an ignorant comment but in my experience's that is what ive seen. I actually hadnt noticed any korean when i first started playing all those years ago. But now most of the games from about 4am est til noon are mostly all korean.[/b]
    youtube, is probably the best source for VODs. ummm, if you wnat actualy replays where you can see what they are realyl doing try teamliquid.com (or net). or gosugamer.net (or com) They have replay sections. Tbh, i didnt even know SC was so big in Korea as well until i started to play low money more seriously.

Really a dumb question here but is their really pro's. It's easy to see this game alot like chess, where most masters see 10 plays/moves or much more ahead. But imagine if you started playing at the beginning or even played for a consitent pace your build order would be the same if it was the best. You would know all the move's wouldnt you? Or is that the nice thing about playing humans all the outcomes should be different. But in the end if you would play enough wouldnt you know the outcome of the match 10 mins before the match ends.

Thats still why in on fastest's nuts its just another evo of the game. You cant even think of using the build order that you had for low money even if you maximize your mineral's the set time of the building's and tech tree would still get you. Kind of like on BGH (which wasnt originally a blizzard map btw) you can use a pretty similar build order to low money map's but you have a nice resource of money on that map. Expanding is great to the spot right infront of your base, but much easier to move up the tech tree than thehunters for example.

And yeah you alway's blame your partners in 2v2 3v3

TunaFishyMe

truth is...chess has nothing to do about macro or micro...you can take all the time you want if there is no clock.
    This is different. games can be similar, but they will never be the same. If Im Z and i scouted a 1 gate, obviously, he will be teching....this means that i should expand twice since he wont be attack anytime soon. I might not even want to gas yet. This doesnt mean that i will automatically win or lose...since macro and micro always plays a big role. If he techs to DT and manage to gets one of my basewithout an overlord, he can kill my hatchery and the will have an advantage...if he techs to corsairs/DT then it gets more complicated....there are many counters to buildorders...no 1 is better than the other. Even if it is the proper counter, it isnt enough for you to win since the opponent can change their strategy etc etc.

Patient

truth is...chess has nothing to do about macro or micro...you can take all the time you want if there is no clock.
    This is different. games can be similar, but they will never be the same. If Im Z and i scouted a 1 gate, obviously, he will be teching....this means that i should expand twice since he wont be attack anytime soon. I might not even want to gas yet. This doesnt mean that i will automatically win or lose...since macro and micro always plays a big role. If he techs to DT and manage to gets one of my basewithout an overlord, he can kill my hatchery and the will have an advantage...if he techs to corsairs/DT then it gets more complicated....there are many counters to buildorders...no 1 is better than the other. Even if it is the proper counter, it isnt enough for you to win since the opponent can change their strategy etc etc.[/b]
    exactly, you constantly change, and all these changes can turn game to various directions. You have few "good" starting tactics (depending on the map off course), but while you fight, someone will lose battle because of micro or some macro error (no overlord over exp or something), and that will completely determine the course of the game, sure you can try to make up for that, and you do that by seriously changing tactic, and trying to confuse opponent or by trying win back your losses with better micro or both. Like i said, all these small errors(micro,macro) or sometimes just unlucky, can completely change course of the game.

And another thing!! maybe the most important, scouting! Its so hard to know what your opponent is doing? Even if he goes corsairs, you still don't know how many of them he has? He can have 2 or 10, this is seriously determining the game! It IS SKILL TO HIDE FROM YOUR OPPONENT your true tactic. Generally you should always change, because just like tuna said, every tactic has good counter if YOU ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT IS YOUR OPPONENT DOING! These are the reasons why there can't be 2 completely same games, or why you can't have some "UBER" tactic for all, YOU JUST DONT KNOW YOUR OPPONENT'S NEXT move .

Patient

cmon, cmon, who will play me, i wanna see how good you are

noob-->middle-->"pro"-----> "starleague"

on this scale, i think i am somewhere between noob and middle.

You play on US East or West? I play on Europe, but its not problem just send pm and ill create account there.

sc FTW!

Cadence96

My closer friends are not very good for games, they don't love hard games. When I play with them it is always with infinite of mineral, and it is fun to play with them.
    But I know that if we would play a normal game, they couldn't stand enough time.

Patient

My closer friends are not very good for games, they don't love hard games. When I play with them it is always with infinite of mineral, and it is fun to play with them.
    But I know that if we would play a normal game, they couldn't stand enough time.[/b]
    same here, but who cares who wins or loses (we will keep that a secret if you mind)

just for fun, and I really wanna see how good you guys are

cmon cmon, been watching some great replays from jaedong and i am all fired up, here is link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7iO0iIRbOo

ENJOY, I KNOW I DID :lol:

wow that was awesome

TunaFishyMe

the worst thing is seeing that wave of SV

getting wiped out by defilers and scourges yeah that was awful:P

same here, but who cares who wins or loses (we will keep that a secret if you mind)

just for fun, and I really wanna see how good you guys are

cmon cmon, been watching some great replays from jaedong and i am all fired up, here is link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7iO0iIRbOo

ENJOY, I KNOW I DID :lol:[/b]
    ill play you whenever u want, my msn is in my profile, feel free to add me to set up the matches u want

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast