Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game console questions

This is a discussion on Game console questions within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; I have a question for everyone who played ANY of the past game console my question is simple: To me, ...
Page: 1

I have a question for everyone who played ANY of the past game console my question is simple:

To me, While xbox / Ps2 were the big console out - Their graphics looked kickass, but now that I am playing xbox 360 - I noticed, That the games that I use to play seemed to be shitty now and I mean SHITTY was it just me? Or did the games that when they were new looked much better then they did now. It's been on my mind, Perhaps this is just me and varies on different people.

DarK

I have a question for everyone who played ANY of the past game console my question is simple:

To me, While xbox / Ps2 were the big console out - Their graphics looked kickass, but now that I am playing xbox 360 - I noticed, That the games that I use to play seemed to be shitty now and I mean SHITTY was it just me? Or did the games that when they were new looked much better then they did now. It's been on my mind, Perhaps this is just me and varies on different people.[/b]
    Didn't really get that part but yeah, the old xbox games i have look/are really shitty compared to the ones i have now

... you really questioned the thought of graphics(or anything, for that matter) getting better over time?

ofc things that were new are outdated now, thats how the world works. If you really spent more then 15 seconds on this, i feel bad for anyone who tries to engage in conversation with you, you must ask the stupidest questions.

wtf

Sorry haha, It was confusing I was half asleep.

What I meant was

Like the Old Metal gear solid, it looked great - But then newer games came out, And now you look back and it look's like complete shit. :X

@ Ethernal - I never really cared for you, To tell you the truth you are quite a asshole about everything - I'm surprised anyone can stand you, besides - didn't you already quit KO? why are you even here whining at people?

Banned Senior Member

ofc they look like shit, games get better looking at times go by. It doesnt mean I cant enjoy it tho. Before playing MGS4, we played MGS1/2/3 over again. I wont hesitate to play some FFVII, or Zelda when I Get bored. Graphics are only one part of the total game

ofc they look like shit, games get better looking at times go by. It doesnt mean I cant enjoy it tho. Before playing MGS4, we played MGS1/2/3 over again. I wont hesitate to play some FFVII, or Zelda when I Get bored. Graphics are only one part of the total game[/b]
    -sigh- Why don't anyone understand?

I'm saying, When their was ONLY that game system out - The graphics looked much better to me at least back then.

Now, I can't stand a game with anything less then GTA3 - and that's even pushing it.

However, FF7 would be a playable game - I would like to played MGs 1-3 again, However no playstation or PS2, or PS3 for that matter.

@ Ethernal - I never really cared for you, To tell you the truth you are quite a asshole about everything - I'm surprised anyone can stand you, besides - didn't you already quit KO? why are you even here whining at people?[/b]
    im not whining, im really wondering how you're not understanding this. As graphics get better, logically, the older ones look less good.

to quote you
    I'm saying, When their was ONLY that game system out - The graphics looked much better to me at least back then.[/b]
    see?! I just said, ofc when new games come out, they look awesome, the standard way of things is to get better, and for the older to be obselete. Its how pretty much every product/technology works, and im really wondering how your not getting it.

Banned Senior Member

-sigh- Why don't anyone understand?
    I'm saying, When their was ONLY that game system out - The graphics looked much better to me at least back then.
    Now, I can't stand a game with anything less then GTA3 - and that's even pushing it.
    However, FF7 would be a playable game - I would like to played MGs 1-3 again, However no playstation or PS2, or PS3 for that matter. [/b]
    Thats the way things go, and thats how my post was as well. Back with the n64 and early ps1, the graphics were the best things ever to me. It happens with every system. When the ps2 came along that was a major improvement on graphics to me, and then again with the ps3. It'll be like looking at ps3/xbox360 games 10-15 years from now, you will probably think they look horrible when thye were the best thing to you at this time

TunaFishyMe

the answer is very obvious.

For me, if im more of a graphics person. I cant bring myself to playing an old game cuz i cant stand looking at the graphics lol. Unless the game is actually really good and I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY good like chrono trigger level for me to go back and play it again when there is a prettier version.

Hypnos

Part of it is that the TVs have improved with the game systems. The sharper the TV, the more you notice the visual imperfections of the games and the systems (</3 composite).

The PSX was/is actually pretty bad, as far as graphics go. As pixelated as the 3D gets (Especially on FF7. They have giant rectanges for hands!), it makes the SNES look good. They really should of made more 2D games for it (like Breath of Fire, Marvel vs. Capcom , Megaman, etc).

With the XBOX and PS2, make sure you use component cables, and set the system to use progressive scan (480p instead of 480i). That can help sharpen up things a bit, but it won&#39;t help with pixelation. On the SNES, you can actually use a Gamecube S-Video cable.

PriestOfShadows

basically the graphics then were newer. now that you saw the better graphics the others suck...

as time continues, graphics get better... instead in FALLOUT 3 where they are pacman graphics.

basically the graphics then were newer. now that you saw the better graphics the others suck...

as time continues, graphics get better... instead in FALLOUT 3 where they are pacman graphics.[/b]
    Sorry if I misunderstand but are you saying Fallout 3 has bad graphics?

Its like playing CS 1.6 when youve been playin the lastest CS&#39;s

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Compare computers, has anyone noticed how much faster computers have gotten? Same thing...

itsme&#33;

that&#39;s always like the following, reclames about games then when u got it play 1 week 24/7 then its done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast