Roy Jones Jr vs. Joe Calzaghe

This is a discussion on Roy Jones Jr vs. Joe Calzaghe within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Any predictions? i think Jones will win he's got quickness to his power....
Page: 1

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Any predictions? i think Jones will win he's got quickness to his power.

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

Roy Jones is gonna win

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I knew Jones was going to lose this fight even after he knocked Calzaghe down in the first.. It's hard to see one of the greatest of all time go down like that, but Roy is way past his prime.. I was hoping for a miracle knockout, but it didn't happen.. If it was the old Roy I believe it would have been the same results, but in Roy's favor.. Props to Calzaghe for a game performance though..

I hope Calzaghe doesn't retire so we can see him fight someone that isn't over the hill, but he is in one of boxing's worst weight divisions so who knows.. I think he should fight Behop again, after watching The Executioner's last performance I think he could possibly beat Calzaghe as long as he fights the same way he did against Pavlik.. Now, just waiting for Manny vs The Golden Boy now..

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

I knew Jones was going to lose this fight even after he knocked Calzaghe down in the first.. It's hard to see one of the greatest of all time go down like that, but Roy is way past his prime.. I was hoping for a miracle knockout, but it didn't happen.. If it was the old Roy I believe it would have been the same results, but in Roy's favor.. Props to Calzaghe for a game performance though..

I hope Calzaghe doesn't retire so we can see him fight someone that isn't over the hill, but he is in one of boxing's worst weight divisions so who knows.. I think he should fight Behop again, after watching The Executioner's last performance I think he could possibly beat Calzaghe as long as he fights the same way he did against Pavlik.. Now, just waiting for Manny vs The Golden Boy now..[/b]
    Yea but Hopkins would have to go up a weight class to fight Calzaghe. When he fought Pavlik he was a middle weight, who knows how he would fight with more weight on him.

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

fuck this fight. Lesnar>all

Yea but Hopkins would have to go up a weight class to fight Calzaghe. When he fought Pavlik he was a middle weight, who knows how he would fight with more weight on him.[/b]
    They could always fight at a catch weight, besides it's not like Bernard hasn't fought at light heavy weight before.. He's a Vet and the only problem I see with him going up in weight is the age factor and it taking a toll on his body..

dragunmaster

calzaghe is a beast and is one of my favorite boxers of all time, he has the perfect combination of foot work, quickness and strength.

But NO ONE and i mean NO ONE has shit on my nigga Floyd Maywheather, I hope he comes out of retirement to woop some dudes asses

I love Floyd and I wish he would come back.. I think he will eventually and hopefully he isn't too rusty.

Floyd will probably come back soon... but he is doing rap atm with ludacris :P i download one music that isnt finish because they didnt put it on itune and did the video but this music is very good
    Floyd my favorite