UFC 140

This is a discussion on UFC 140 within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Any fans of the UFC around here? Hated how Tito lost, same with Machida and Minotauro....
Page: 1

Default UFC 140

Any fans of the UFC around here? Hated how Tito lost, same with Machida and Minotauro.

Yeah i am fan! Well i actually liked to see Jr. Nogueira beat Tito! But I really hated that Frank Mir (never liked him) won over Nogueira and by submisson...

Well, I'm a fan of Tito, but he should retire. The level of competition nowadays is MUCH higher than it was years ago when he was a champ and he is not getting any younger. He is already a legend of the sport and losing over and over is just screwing his legacy.

Mir fight was just plain stupidity and overconfidence from Minotauro. Well, he got a broken arm to think about this for a long time. He had that fight. Few more hits and the fight was gonna be stopped cause Mir wasnt intelligently defending himself. Instead of securing the fight, he wanted to submit Mir and instead got submitted. Someone should make a short clip and right when Mir breaks his arm, play the "Humiliation" sound from Quake3.

I was upset machida lost, because imo machida was the only one who stood a chance against jones on the feet. The only people left for jones to fight is davis and rashad who i believe are both better wrestlers than jones. I was really happy mir beat minotauro tho and im portugese guess i should root for mino lol but w/e. I was super happy when i saw him lock that kimora in lol but yah completely agree with you minotauro got to confident and let himself get caught. Im suprised the ref didnt call the fight when mirs face was in the mat cuz he was just taken punches to the face he wasnt doing shit but yah i guess the ref had a better view than i did lol. Nd with tito, its mad gay hes already lost like 3 fights for the same exact reason, knees to the sternum he keeps getting hit in the same exact place but yah he should retire hes already a legend. Dana needs to set up gsp or silva vs jones make them meet somewhere in the middle of the weightclasses and have like a super main event cuz i dont see anyone else beating jones. In that machida fight that right hook that machida landed was the first clean shot ever landed on jones which is crazy considering who hes fought already. But yah hopefully jones vs silva gets set up soon, i think it will be because silva has fought at 205 already and dana was talking bout setting it up.

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I liked how most of the card went except for the Big Nog fight. I was hoping he would destroy Mir{ love the old pride fighters}. UFC 141 should be interesting though..