Urijah Faber - WEC

This is a discussion on Urijah Faber - WEC within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; "Urijah Faber was defeated a second time by Mike Brown at WEC 41 on June 7, 2009 by a unanimous ...
Page: 1

"Urijah Faber was defeated a second time by Mike Brown at WEC 41 on June 7, 2009 by a unanimous decision in front of his hometown crowd in Sacramento. During the middle of the 1st round, Faber broke his right hand and later dislocated his left hand, resorting to using primarily elbows and kicks the rest of the fight. Sherdog and ESPN.com in a post-fight article noted that Faber's "right hand was no match for the top of Mike Brown's head." Immediately after the fight, Faber stated he would like another rematch against Brown. It is believed that his next fight will be against Josh Grispi."

I really thought he was going to win both fights. The first fight I thought he got caught, the second I thought he won the first round easily but broke his hand. You could tell he wouldn't use the right hand at all after and still held his own using elbows and kicks.

He was basically undefeated and Brown seems to have his number. I love the way this dude fights and hes from my home state but I dunno, maybe he's done...

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

Faber showed heart fighting with a broken hand, kinda makes ya wonder how it would've went down without his injury.. The Aldo knees to Swanson was brutal to say the least lol... I was more surprised that the pit bull got ktfo so quick at Strikeforce, it sucks to have a glass jaw in the HW division..