Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Subbed or dubbed?

This is a discussion on Subbed or dubbed? within the Anime and Manga forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Do you prefer watching anime subbed or dubbed? Many of my friends like watching subbed even when there's dubbed versions, ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default Subbed or dubbed?

Do you prefer watching anime subbed or dubbed? Many of my friends like watching subbed even when there's dubbed versions, but for some reason I can't get into it while watching text the whole time.

Definitely subbed versions as dubbed usually sound like crap. For me, watching the text is not a problem as i read it using my peripheral vision

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Subbed. Dubbed often mis-translates a lot of it.

Once you realize how good subbed is, you'll never go back

Subs, some dubs arent that bad

subs ftw
    10char

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Anyone who says dubbed should stop watching anime. Subs all the way.
    Dubbed ones don't have the same feeling as subbed ones.

depends on the anime.... i personally like trigun w/ dubs the subbed version just puts it off for me but thats the only exception its subs the rest of the way

Subbed for sure. I remember when Bleach dubs first came out....gross. I dont know why but hearing the Japanese VAs just seems natural.

subbed ofc.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Subbed all the way cross the sky
    yeah yeah yeah

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    Anyone who says dubbed should stop watching anime. Subs all the way.
    Dubbed ones don't have the same feeling as subbed ones.
    Tad extreamest Elfie

I have watched both , but I prefer the newer dubbed vertions. When I watch Intial D in Japanies it sounded like they were shouting most of the time , and that the subs wernt as fluid as what must have been spoken.

With the Van Helsign series the dubbed it much better , due mainly to the fact they have the proper British acents and they even get the regional varients spot on ( the seires set in the UK ). Also things like Cowboy Bebop seemed to be fine in English to me.

Some people take the whole thing far too serious at times , for me it is about enjoying the various productions you watch.

But for live films I was only watch it subbed as I feel a dubbed vertion is far more harder to pull off without looking wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Tad extreamest Elfie

I have watched both , but I prefer the newer dubbed vertions. When I watch Intial D in Japanies it sounded like they were shouting most of the time , and that the subs wernt as fluid as what must have been spoken.

With the Van Helsign series the dubbed it much better , due mainly to the fact they have the proper British acents and they even get the regional varients spot on ( the seires set in the UK ). Also things like Cowboy Bebop seemed to be fine in English to me.

Some people take the whole thing far too serious at times , for me it is about enjoying the various productions you watch.

But for live films I was only watch it subbed as I feel a dubbed vertion is far more harder to pull off without looking wrong.
    It was an angry german kid comment. Like you said, some like it subbed and some like it dubbed.
    I've always watched my anime subbed so I can't stand watching it dubbed.
    I do have most of my anime on dual-audio though, due the fact that some encode god decided to add both audio tracks to my animes ;P
    And that encode god I'm talking about can make the files as small as 60mb per episode without losing quality. I just love that guy.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Hehehe no dramas my German friend.

The first Anime I ever saw was , Laputa - Castle In The Sky , when I was just 8 years old ( 1988 ) and it was a dubbed vertion. When Disney re-dubbed the film with a much better quality of voice actors and a hugely superiour translation it made possibly my most loved Anime that bit better. I have watched it in Jap with the subs and it felt very cold compaired to the Eng dubbs.

How ever , I know in Japan the standard and repects towards voice acting has always been the best in the business , and of course I respect it hugely , but thankfull in the last 10 years they quality of translation on some of the better known series and movies has , I feel done the genre justic at long last.

I still remember watching Akira for the first time in Jap and then a few days later in Eng , and it made an already fucked up film even more fucked for me lol , hence now I try and stick to one vertion when watching stuff.

Aye, FUNimation makes some quality dubs. I just hate that company.
    FUNimation was the reason the anime site I was managing almost had to be taken down, we lost over 100 anime due to DMCA crap. Eventually we got it all back up but the damage was already done. We dropped from 6000 people online to about 2500 people. And yes that's 6000 people online on the website at the same time, I can't even recall the amount of people we had visit the site in one month.
    Also I'm not German, I just referred to the angry german kid video.
    If you need help getting some quality stuff I can give you access to a private torrent website, just lemme know in PM, MSN or somewhere :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast