Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Worst Bands

This is a discussion on Worst Bands within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; simple plan....
Page: 2

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

simple plan.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i wonder if people realize this is a topic abotu BAD bands, not bands u dont like

greenday is a good band, admit it or not cuz u think theyre emo now doesnt change what theyve put out

as for the topic...i dont think any band is bad in the general scheme of things, every band has its ups and downs just life in general will have its ups and downs, u wont hear abuot a band on a broad scale unless theyve done SOMETHING good and thats just simple fact

but what bands do i not like for personal reasons? most of the emo trash now a days trying to take over the punk scene, evanesence(whiny whore), etc

Cocaine

Ok first of all how is walking alone considered "emo". And if you dont know, american idiot is a rock opera album. Boulevard of Broken dreams is about a guy that has a hangover after a party(song "Holiday")
    Another thing, please prove that they are sell outs. They been playing their old stuff for like 14 years and they are old now, not in their teens or 20's anymore. They just made a small change to their music. They wrote what has been bothering them in most of their songs which is the goverment. Their songs basicly try to convince people to see how corrupted the goverment is, and no bands before AMerican idiot didnt dare to write songs about politics. But green day did, and now look, bands such as Anti-Flag,Rise against, and suprisingly Nofx write songs basicly saying fuck Bush and the goverment.And why not try to go big and serious for once before getting old or before dieing. Nothing about Green Day is a sell out. They are the most succesful rock band in the world right now and you cant deny that. MCR are the real sell outs.[/b]
    If you think Green Day is the most successful rock band in the world you are fucking dense. American Idiot is a pile of trash tbh. Their music takes no skill and is unoriginal. Green Day is definitely not the first band to write about politics. Green Day went from being punk(which still sucks) to being completely fucking retarded in 4 years, which really disappoints me. American Idiot might be a rock opera, but it is one poorly played, made, and written one. Most people that I know that like the AI album are emo kids and 15 year old wannabe-punk girls.

You want to see some real activism?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1542001/2...udioslave.jhtml

Just because you make the music doesn't mean you live the lifestyle, Billie Joe Armstrong.

Jakzio

Bands I have no time for include:

Coldplay - Pretentious crap.
    MCR - Can't really say more than others have - bargain bin stuff.
    Bloc Party - Can't stand them. What are they singing about? Why do they exist? Who cares..
    Franz Ferdianand - I know they are rather popular, which may be part of the reason for my disdain but it just sounds like generic souless indie pop to me.
    Any boy bands - rofl.

Danny is on the mark with Green Day. Listen to international superhits for the real gd, listen to american idiot for sell out, semi-political rubbish. I hope you're basing the dismissal of stereophonics as bad on their more recent offerings because Word Gets Around and Performance and Cocktails are two of my favourite albums of all time.

Alesana, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Chiodos, A thorn for every heart and any other screaming emo weirdo bands

redbluegreen44

Rage Against The Machine were first political band as such, Green Day only really been hitting the Government since AI, so yeah... that's sell-out as they saw RATM made ALOT of money out of it. As for MCR... I never said they wern't sell out, as they very much are.

'Cause you're gonna go to the record store
    You're gonna give'em all your money
    Radio plays what they want you to hear
    They tell me it's cool but I just don't believe it...
    Sell out, with me oh yea, sell out, with me tonight
    Record company's gonna give me lots of money
    And everything's gonna be all right

Let's take a look back in time...

Green Day early days:

Today's Green Day:

What's the difference? Black clothes, eye liner, dyed hair, mascara and highlights... now go google search MCR... and fuck me... they look the same!

Green Day used to be brilliant... now they want money, it's simple.

Look at difference yourself, Warning/Basket Case Videos to American Idiot/BOBD Videos.

Seriously Sunny-Jim, I know what I'm talking about.[/b]
    Do you seriously judge a band by how they dress? You calling Anthony Keidis(of RHCP) emo? cuz if you havnt notice, he went from taking off shirts and shorts to a black button shirt and black pants. Now you tell me, does their music suck because he dresses in black? Emo isnt all about appearance ffs, especially when judging bands.

And Cocaine.
    Whats wrogn with 15 year old punk wannabe girls and emo kids liking their music? I bet they are 10x a better person then you. Also if thats all the people you see that loves green day, then i bet your a loser, really or just making that stuff up. Cuz all the emo kids that i have seen loves the screamo type of music, none loves green day. I usually see the normally dressed kids love green day. Anyways, they are not the most successful rock band in the world? are you fucking serious?

No band has owned rap,hip hop,pop music in winning award during 2004-2006 But Green Day. And out of all the bands in the world to play for New Orleans with U2 they choose Green Day. Hate them or love them they are the most successful rock band in the world even if you think they sound like shit, they still are sucessful then all your favorite band

seriosuly all the emo music you guys think are those bands that get shit loads of views and favorites on YOuTube (i.e MCR, Fall Out Boy) Yeah lots of people love them but have they won awards and given a once in a life time oppertunities like Green Day has? thats what separates Green Day sucess from these bands that lots of fame

J

Do you seriously judge a band by how they dress? You calling Anthony Keidis(of RHCP) emo? cuz if you havnt notice, he went from taking off shirts and shorts to a black button shirt and black pants. Now you tell me, does their music suck because he dresses in black? Emo isnt all about appearance ffs, especially when judging bands.

And Cocaine.
    Whats wrogn with 15 year old punk wannabe girls and emo kids liking their music? I bet they are 10x a better person then you. Also if thats all the people you see that loves green day, then i bet your a loser, really or just making that stuff up. Cuz all the emo kids that i have seen loves the screamo type of music, none loves green day. I usually see the normally dressed kids love green day. Anyways, they are not the most successful rock band in the world? are you fucking serious?

No band has owned rap,hip hop,pop music in winning award during 2004-2006 But Green Day. And out of all the bands in the world to play for New Orleans with U2 they choose Green Day. Hate them or love them they are the most successful rock band in the world even if you think they sound like shit, they still are sucessful then all your favorite band

seriosuly all the emo music you guys think are those bands that get shit loads of views and favorites on YOuTube (i.e MCR, Fall Out Boy) Yeah lots of people love them but have they won awards and given a once in a life time oppertunities like Green Day has? thats what separates Green Day sucess from these bands that lots of fame[/b]
    Lol what a fucking joke.

redbluegreen44

Lol what a fucking joke.[/b]
    prove me wrong yo

Cocaine

Prove yourself right yo.

Just because they played with another sub-par band that actually has done something to help the world other than complain doesn't make them the greatest rock band ever. Lmao.

"Whats wrogn with 15 year old punk wannabe girls and emo kids liking their music? I bet they are 10x a better person then you."

Really, because you totally know what kind of person I am lmao. For all you know, I could be joining the Peace Corps next week, but you dont, so shhhh. Also, I don't associate myself with people that listen to shit music like Green Day, so I cant say that I know every Green Day fan, but what I do know is the morons around here who do listen to and think their music is so inspiring are all punk/emo kids that really don't do anything other than fail.

"seriosuly all the emo music you guys think are those bands that get shit loads of views and favorites on YOuTube (i.e MCR, Fall Out Boy) Yeah lots of people love them but have they won awards and given a once in a life time oppertunities like Green Day has? thats what separates Green Day sucess from these bands that lots of fame"

Newsflash!!! Getting 1,000,000 views for your music video on youtube does not make your band talented or good.

PS. Anthony Kiedis doesn't wear eye liner and mascara, so no, he's not emo.

Alesana, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Chiodos, A thorn for every heart and any other screaming emo weirdo bands[/b]
    Since when is Slipknot and Hatebreed, 'emo'?

Cocaine

They aren't, they're both metal.

Nud3

i don`t know lol

sacred

Slipknot isnt bad...

Jakzio

Cocaine I'm pretty sure you're tarring all Green Day fans with the same brush. Sounds to me rather like these people you have met are ignorant scene and emo kids who have merely jumped on the bandwagon due to the commercial success of AI.

Since when is Slipknot and Hatebreed, 'emo'?[/b]
    w/e they all fall under the category of annoying music, all they cna do is shout and thats not singing

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast