Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
Like Tree12Likes

My opinion..

This is a discussion on My opinion.. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Lol well people really don't understand the whole thing behind making servers it seems. Some server owners (myself included) put ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Lol well people really don't understand the whole thing behind making servers it seems. Some server owners (myself included) put over 10 hours into their server each day. I don't see why any server owner should put all that time into a project and then not get anything for it in return. I'm not speaking on behalf of server owners that go and load up a random ass DB/files on SNOXD put the server on the next day and open up the PUS without any effort. Those type of server owners deserve no recognition. To make a server long lasting,popular, and bug free with good security IS NOT a walk in the park. It takes countless hours of work to make it worth playing.

    I don't agree to how some servers are ran putting OP items in the PUS and stuff, that makes them look like they're only in it for the $. As far as paying for the server out of ur own pocket goes..... you need to be a rich man or at least have a pretty decent income to run a server ur self. A decent dedi with FAIR DDoS protection is 400$+ (thats decent protection.) Lets say you want to buy some extra features for ur server (security,BDW etc) thats another 500$+. Lets say you want to buy EVEN MORE stuff for your server (vent etc) there is more money taken out of ur pocket.

    I hope you see what I'm meaning. As I said, server owners that don't want to put any $ into their server or just put it up the next day deserve nothing. The server I'm currently working on, all 3 of us admins are putting our heart into it to make it a good experience. We have already been working close to 3 months on this server. Anyway, a lot of server owners are in it just for the money these days, we aren't. Honestly the MAIN reason we even have a PUS is to provide $ for the server.

  2. #17
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    www.aknightonline.com
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The same way you just explained that no one is "forcing you to donate", this is true, but YOUR intentions of YOUR server is written in your own post and has no comparison to ours. You would appreciate being "paid back" for your work and efforts of making/designing/supporting/whatever labor whether mental, physical or emotional, because this is your server. We don't want even that what you want, which is deserving to you. We WANT to put in our work and efforts into the server that the people want, for FREE and NEVER ask for a thing back. And it is for this sole reason to why we don't have a server together, but are divided. You want money, we don't. End of story. Otherwise, why make a server to begin with? You can't take my intention and make it yours, that would just be pathetic. With all due respect to you or anyone like you, I'm not talking to you specifically, hell, I don't even know who you are, but it's all of you who want to make a profit on gamers rather than getting a real job. It's BECAUSE of this movement of dev's like you that players tend to jump from place to place. In fact, I'm only making myself look stupid trying to "defend myself" in something that I can't even compare my intentions to. We are two different stories, if people follow you, then I feel bad for them. If they don't, then they have only a CHANCE to make something big, a success.
    I wasn't necessarily bashing you, just trying to paint a different perspective in view here, but your come-back is well deserved. While I will agree that the difference me and you is that I would like to be compensated for my time spent working on a server, I'd like to add that I work VERY hard on modifying, and creating content before releasing a server. In-fact, I'd go as far as to say that I spend the MOST time working on quality content before I launch it, compared to other servers (except perhaps OSKO). People are getting something in exchange for their donation that they may not (but, then again they may) find on a free server.

    Sure, I may be trying to make a bit of money, however I am also offering something in exchange that will not be found in other servers.

    It's the same in the video game world, free games come with more problems and less appealing graphics than a paid game.

    As I said I was never "bashing" you, so don't feel the need to "defend" yourself. I'd also recommend you not compare yourself and I and "our stories" based on a post on some random forum of the internet, it's a bit far-from-reality.

  3. #18
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    www.aknightonline.com
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Lol well people really don't understand the whole thing behind making servers it seems. Some server owners (myself included) put over 10 hours into their server each day. I don't see why any server owner should put all that time into a project and then not get anything for it in return. I'm not speaking on behalf of server owners that go and load up a random ass DB/files on SNOXD put the server on the next day and open up the PUS without any effort. Those type of server owners deserve no recognition. To make a server long lasting,popular, and bug free with good security IS NOT a walk in the park. It takes countless hours of work to make it worth playing.

    I don't agree to how some servers are ran putting OP items in the PUS and stuff, that makes them look like they're only in it for the $. As far as paying for the server out of ur own pocket goes..... you need to be a rich man or at least have a pretty decent income to run a server ur self. A decent dedi with FAIR DDoS protection is 400$+ (thats decent protection.) Lets say you want to buy some extra features for ur server (security,BDW etc) thats another 500$+. Lets say you want to buy EVEN MORE stuff for your server (vent etc) there is more money taken out of ur pocket.

    I hope you see what I'm meaning. As I said, server owners that don't want to put any $ into their server or just put it up the next day deserve nothing. The server I'm currently working on, all 3 of us admins are putting our heart into it to make it a good experience. We have already been working close to 3 months on this server. Anyway, a lot of server owners are in it just for the money these days, we aren't. Honestly the MAIN reason we even have a PUS is to provide $ for the server.
    This is what I was trying to say! Spending 10+ hours a day on a server, sometimes not sleeping a few hours just to get it done. I couldn't have said it better myself. I also agree with the part about not only being in it for the money, I feel the same way, if the few good of us were only in it for the money, we wouldn't spend anywhere near the amount of time we do working, when we could just release public files, claim a few donations, close server and do it again, it's nothing even remotely close to that.

    +1, well said.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    You must mean "bytepatching" and not "bypatching", which is funny considering I never used that tool as my Ebeneezer is set up differently.

    I find it a bit depressing that you are willing to distort and bend your own views of reality to support the reasons you "hate" me.

    Anyone with an ounce of brain-matter in their skull will agree with what I am saying, regardless if they like to admit it or not.
    You act like a legit hoster, then why didn't you just refund the players donations? as the server lasted few days im sure there wasnt that many... returning items count for nothing if you leave the server to die >< Im done even arguing with people like you, do as you wish and it really seems people trust you for some reason, but guess they'll find me right IF and when you scam them.

    @rick, that's why you got real life and job, you don't need host game to make living.. shouldn't it be enough to pay the bills? why try make profit? Also I definitely agree it's expensive to pay hostin, but If they are not willing to contribute why should you even host then? they don't deserve it.

  5. #20
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    www.aknightonline.com
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    You act like a legit hoster, then why didn't you just refund the players donations? as the server lasted few days im sure there wasnt that many... returning items count for nothing if you leave the server to die >< Im done even arguing with people like you, do as you wish and it really seems people trust you for some reason, but guess they'll find me right IF and when you scam them.
    Few days? Where do you pull these facts from? Since it was "only a few days", how many days did the server last mortal? Secondly, if you played the server you would know that about 90% of players were in fact refunded. Do you care to explain why you dislike me so much? I'd love to hear it, because so far it appears your hate for me is built on non-factual information.

  6. #21
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post

    @rick, that's why you got real life and job, you don't need host game to make living.. shouldn't it be enough to pay the bills? why try make profit? Also I definitely agree it's expensive to pay hostin, but If they are not willing to contribute why should you even host then? they don't deserve it.
    Because, I've always wanted to run a server that the KO community can have something GOOD to play. There is too many servers opening and closing these days. I also want to save the PSKO community as its near dead (english side at least.) I assume you wouldn't understand why I want to do these things but honestly I've always wanted to run a server that everyone can enjoy.

  7. #22
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    www.aknightonline.com
    Posts
    171

    Default

    need popcorn

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    Few days? Where do you pull these facts from? Since it was "only a few days", how many days did the server last mortal? Secondly, if you played the server you would know that about 90% of players were in fact refunded. Do you care to explain why you dislike me so much? I'd love to hear it, because so far it appears your hate for me is built on non-factual information.
    My server? last one I had was early 2011 and it died due low population.. the project where I contributed (mykor) around year and half ago was shutdown , because we got too massive botnet . I never had PUS up and I never accepted donations, because I did it to try save this community and therefor we peak'd at 400 easy for over week... unfortunately these turks didn't feel like letting us stay up. There is people who can vouch for my server and how fun/legit it was. I did read the topic and I saw people trying to get refunded but got ignored.

    in all honest, I don't hate you ... but your attitude need a upgrade.

  9. #24
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    www.aknightonline.com
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    My server? last one I had was early 2011 and it died due low population.. the project where I contributed (mykor) around year and half ago was shutdown , because we got too massive botnet . I never had PUS up and I never accepted donations, because I did it to try save this community and therefor we peak'd at 400 easy for over week... unfortunately these turks didn't feel like letting us stay up. There is people who can vouch for my server and how fun/legit it was. I did read the topic and I saw people trying to get refunded but got ignored.

    in all honest, I don't hate you ... but your attitude need a upgrade.
    Your confused, you said my last server only lasted a few days, so how many days did my last server last? And why are you saying that I never refunded anyone when I refunded about 70% of players, and the other 20% or so were chargeback (some even before server died).

  10. #25
    Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ישראל - In: New York
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    bigdudle, I don't know you, but I know your server will be a success whether our server is released or not. But what's going to happen to all the money received after paying for expenses? It will go to your pocket, even if it's 1 cent, it will, and you know what? Like I said, it's deserving to you and your 3 admins who are putting their time into the server. But. If all of us were one team, lead by someone trustworthy that can assure all funds being monitored are transferred directly over to expenses and future upgrades, then we wouldn't have to want to get paid back for all the work being put, as the efforts are being divided throughout more people. The only problem with it is you never know if one of the people on the team are corrupting the server by giving players items or even themselves, etc. We are only two people and don't want a cent for our time being invested to our server. No further explanation necessary on that perspective, whether it is agreeable or not, it's what's factually existing. It is also already "too late" to turn back and merge teams, even if no servers have been released, but still, something can be worked out between our law of being non-profit whatsoever.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    Your confused, you said my last server only lasted a few days, so how many days did my last server last? And why are you saying that I never refunded anyone when I refunded about 70% of players, and the other 20% or so were chargeback (some even before server died).
    Whatever, you want to believe. Let's just call it over and agree to disagree.

  12. #27
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    www.aknightonline.com
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Whatever, you want to believe. Let's just call it over and agree to disagree.
    You brought it up, at least provide proof or facts if you are going to try to bash my name :S

  13. #28
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Whatever, you want to believe. Let's just call it over and agree to disagree.
    LegacyKO was up for at least a month tho.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    You brought it up, at least provide proof or facts if you are going to try to bash my name :S
    I don't think name "vince" "vincent" need anymore bashing, you have done good job yourself.

  15. #30
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    www.aknightonline.com
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    I don't think name "vince" "vincent" need anymore bashing, you have done good job yourself.
    Cute.

    We still support you and all our en-devours, even though you are a delusional weirdo who spends countless hours on forums that he has no parts in. Didn't you say you are done with KO? What's keeping you around here, Mr. Mortu?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need ur opinion , is it cheat or not
    By Flippy in forum Trading disputes & reports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 01:27 PM
  2. Tez vs Zike rematch opinion needed please post
    By Tez/Aja in forum General Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 03:05 PM
  3. Hey K2... Here's your Sign !!! an opinion on KOxx
    By Milkshaker in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 10:30 AM
  4. Need Opinion in Music
    By baLao in forum Media
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 07:25 AM
  5. Archers opinion, about soloing uruk blades
    By AlwaysSayDie in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •