Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

QuarantineKO Medium Farm - MYKO Server [OFFICIAL LAUNCH - Nov. 1st, 2014]

This is a discussion on QuarantineKO Medium Farm - MYKO Server [OFFICIAL LAUNCH - Nov. 1st, 2014] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yeah man, I leaved just 10 min ago. you know what. lemme tell: server's xp-drop rates, drop list etc. PERFECT. ...
Page: 15

yeah man, I leaved just 10 min ago. you know what. lemme tell:

server's xp-drop rates, drop list etc. PERFECT. just perfect, really.

but a lot of koxpers (I'm not talking about xp macro's, likewise no problem for me) but koxpers at colony zone, in pvp. 5 arrow hit me same time from far, like 50meters. it's really so so so sad and no one looking that. gm's? where's the gms? come on you made a perfect server but community is shit. I lost my passion, I came to here from Diablo 3 , come on. I'm talking Diablo 3!!! I miss to K.O, started, reached to 60 and koxpers killing me. it's not fair.

that's why I left.

I'm looking server which no koxpers in CZ!

Quote Originally Posted by n0th1ng View Post
    yeah man, I leaved just 10 min ago. you know what. lemme tell:

server's xp-drop rates, drop list etc. PERFECT. just perfect, really.

but a lot of koxpers (I'm not talking about xp macro's, likewise no problem for me) but koxpers at colony zone, in pvp. 5 arrow hit me same time from far, like 50meters. it's really so so so sad and no one looking that. gm's? where's the gms? come on you made a perfect server but community is shit. I lost my passion, I came to here from Diablo 3 , come on. I'm talking Diablo 3!!! I miss to K.O, started, reached to 60 and koxpers killing me. it's not fair.

that's why I left.

I'm looking server which no koxpers in CZ!
    That's really the only issue causing any problems, and it'll be fixed soon enough (I was only really just made aware of it last week, otherwise it'd have long been fixed). Regarding GMs, they're constantly banning people -- that's all they've been doing. People have been constantly banned for that since the server launched.

That, and the stun hack, which had temporarily returned (entirely my fault). Reason for its return is I've been rewriting all the server's skill code to better handle cheating (i.e. arrow stuff, but in general debugging the magic system/adding more features to it is a nightmare -- me reimplementing it all helps greatly), but QuarantineKO needed things more urgently for their launch. As such, I ended up giving them a hybrid version of it, which happened to have it detect & log but not actually drop the packet (oops).
    I fixed that pretty much straight away, but to save restarting it again, he opted to just manually ban them for the time being (I actually ended up whipping up something to auto-detect and potentially ban them, but they'd pretty much given up at that point so beyond a couple of my own bans, it never really got used ;p). Server's restarted since with the updated stuff, so I really just need to get back to finishing what I was working on for the remaining issue.

Really, I'm just posting this because I wanted to express that there really is a lot of GM activity on that front -- they're working tirelessly, and it makes me sad that some people don't see this. I don't even know of any server with more dedicated GMs. Anyway, I'd recommend just reporting any troublesome users -- they'll be banned anyway, but your reports will be read quite quickly.
    Ballz likes this.

I leave the server also. It's a good server, but i just didn't see any free slot ( Cause all slots are full and invaded by Koxp parties ) to level and farm some Item. All i see on chat bar is blabla user dicconnected cause of blabla spams all the day but slots are still full by koxpers.

not annymore,annyway u can always farm xp in emc/luff till the fix it ;]
    gg serv

Tell me a good reason then i can back and playing.
    Many archer lvling and changin skills to Sin after they reach a good level. So what's to point of leveling and farming.

the point of leveling and farming is become geared and strong dont u think? ;

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    dont u think? ;
    No one does.

@Undef
    baba, you are right but i feel like an idiot when i level, farm legal and others with koxp. thats why i can not play.

yea thats true,u arent alone but all koxpers was baned,everytime when someone try koxp then got ban in like 10min max

I think they have to find another way to block those people. I see some guys are using macro-keyboard with low-mp archer skills, that is why the system about anti-cheat can not catch.

They havent fixed shit,koxpers are there every day,and the aoe stun bug works aswell,lamest security ever.

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    They havent fixed shit,koxpers are there every day,and the aoe stun bug works aswell,lamest security ever.
    As of when, though? I ask, because the stun hack was (re-)fixed since 2(?) days ago, and they rolled out the patch to address the other huge issue (inf. pot/arrow spam etc) yesterday. We took a long while to do that because we needed to test - essentially - every skill/consumable item, because my fix completely reimplements a great deal of mgame's code to do it.
    Surprisingly, since then there's only been a single bug report (technically 2, but the other was unrelated to these changes) regarding using cures on a party member, which the server was restarted to fix shortly afterwards. The bug only affected the 2 rogue-only cure skills, and only on that condition, so while those skills are obviously important, I consider it very lucky that the only bug thus far wasn't as wide-spread.

Anyway, while QuarantineKO doesn't have any of my client-side stuff, the only real issue remaining that I can see is being able to target the same user/mob with multi-arrow skills (when far enough away that it should be impossible, that is), which I'll take a look at fixing now that things aren't remotely as crazy. I'm a little uncertain as to the effectiveness of the intended fix, so I didn't particularly want to add it into the mix while a great deal of the magic system was already being reimplemented, potentially breaking stuff -- which it ultimately didn't, but we know that for sure now.
    Things like being able to spam skills, use skills from far away distances (e.g. with warrior/melee skills), and general mana/item consumption/other requirements should no longer be an issue (a lot of that being fixed back when the stun hack was).

I do apologise it's taken so long to roll out the patch, but we had to be really sure we didn't cause problems -- we probably tested it for as long, if not longer, than it took to write in the first place. With only 2 skills actually [partly] breaking (as far as I know right now) in the entirety of the game, I think it paid off.

Do let me (or them!) know if there's any other issues like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Really, I'm just posting this because I wanted to express that there really is a lot of GM activity on that front -- they're working tirelessly, and it makes me sad that some people don't see this. I don't even know of any server with more dedicated GMs. Anyway, I'd recommend just reporting any troublesome users -- they'll be banned anyway, but your reports will be read quite quickly.
    really ? we yelled koxper names at the forum shoutbox. there was a man used koxp since start till 2nd day. cz was full of koxpers who use both sh and 8 arrow. i didint see any gm or bans. humans just leaved cz on 2nd day. do me a favor and check forum right now, theres still people asking for gms help for koxpers. i dont know your work with coding stuff but all that things you sayed about gms sounds total bullshit to me.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Just got stun hacked in mora literally 1 min ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Just got stun hacked in mora literally 1 min ago.
    Yup. Minor regression for one type of skill from last update, he's had the update all day, he just needs to restart.
    The stock 1.298 database has really broken data in it that made it difficult to work with, so I had a hack in there to ignore some things that weren't actually flying skills but the database said they were. We've since replaced all that data so it's actually correct, but that workaround did happen to break the stun hack check for one particular type of skill. ;_;

I hate 1.298.