Page 134 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2494
Like Tree376Likes

Zone MYKO (Stay tuned)

This is a discussion on Zone MYKO (Stay tuned) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So this will be renewal of new zone and not the old one with old engine right?...
Page: 134

So this will be renewal of new zone and not the old one with old engine right?

LEJ
    Banned Senior Member

Finally best server ive ever played is returning.
    how much time do u guys need

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
    Finally best server ive ever played is returning.
    how much time do u guys need
    about month or more i gues

GhosT88 Senior Member joecolxvi's Avatar

Dear Knights,

The server is closed for reconstruction, we will keep the new server engine but we are applying all the aspects of the old version to this new one (we have both versions up now and we are conducting some heavy testing both sides and adapting the new game engine) especially when it comes to the def/hp/damage balance, we are improving many other aspects such as the EXP/Farming/Events, at this stage we can't give an exact date, we have accomplished a fair part of the work already we will share more informations once we are able to.

Play Fair & Have Fun.
    Nineteen likes this.

would have been nice if opened, alot of people on winter vacation

Tip for the next launch:
    On launching day, put login server online for an hour or two before the actual server. That way ppl can test and possibly fix their soacs problems.
    In my experience 10-20% of players already quit at this point. They cant get in the game while others are yelling about drops and lvls in discord. So they simply go back to dota 2 or gta 5 or whatever ppl play nowadays.
    Now someone(MrHankey) will come and say: "You should turn off your cheats". Soacs might block koxp and most of the actual cheats but "normal" user it blocks for having something like NVIDIA/audio managers or mumble. It has never given me error for mouse macro programs. There have been times I had to reinstall windows in order to play soacs servers. It would be very nice if the soacs error log actually told us which program causes the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy View Post
    Tip for the next launch:
    On launching day, put login server online for an hour or two before the actual server. That way ppl can test and possibly fix their soacs problems.
    In my experience 10-20% of players already quit at this point. They cant get in the game while others are yelling about drops and lvls in discord. So they simply go back to dota 2 or gta 5 or whatever ppl play nowadays.
    Now someone(MrHankey) will come and say: "You should turn off your cheats". Soacs might block koxp and most of the actual cheats but "normal" user it blocks for having something like NVIDIA/audio managers or mumble. It has never given me error for mouse macro programs. There have been times I had to reinstall windows in order to play soacs servers. It would be very nice if the soacs error log actually told us which program causes the error.
    If i download a client with a bs anti-cheat like that i just delete the client right away and never bother again. Servers probably loose quite a few dollars because of these ”anti-cheats” that’s doing just as much harm to legit users as help against cheaters.

Banned Senior Member

It “does” tell you what is causing it, it just isn’t very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy View Post
    Tip for the next launch:
    Actually you have made a very good point, Anti cheat systems are not always that user friendly, although they might chase away some tempered users they are still a MUST to keep the game as cheater free as possible, we always try to improve them from our side along with SOACS dev but it is not a simple task knowing how many similar softwares out there, we will seriously consider your suggestion and we will do our best to implement it, thank you.

Haha fu Candy But ye he has point and GhosT seems understood too. Soacs blocks many non hack software. Heard it wont work with Twitch application, Skype caused issues for me in some point, nvidia software and also x-mouse button control. I had mouse to use while own were broken. I need to use x-mouse button control to set up my middle click on different key, that cheap ergonomic mouse didn't have own software for it. So blocking mouse softwares, which people needs also out of gaming, doesn't need to be blocked. Good thing is that cannot block manufacturers softwares, but all cheap mouses don't have it. I used it also in game because had to, but after some soacs patch it fucked up. Defend myself about this macro is illegal thing. Can see from streams and vid's i am not using it, even i would play melee. But macro is common, people will post players pk videos where they are macroing shit out and even GM's will allow to show em in social media.

Hope soacs will be better configured and need to be looked in to it, it makes many people give up on server.

But this is good idea, as Candy said. " Tip for the next launch:
    On launching day, put login server online for an hour or two before the actual server. That way ppl can test and possibly fix their soacs problems. "

Quote Originally Posted by MrHankey View Post
    Haha fu Candy But ye he has point and GhosT seems understood too. Soacs blocks many non hack software. Heard it wont work with Twitch application, Skype caused issues for me in some point, nvidia software and also x-mouse button control. I had mouse to use while own were broken. I need to use x-mouse button control to set up my middle click on different key, that cheap ergonomic mouse didn't have own software for it. So blocking mouse softwares, which people needs also out of gaming, doesn't need to be blocked. Good thing is that cannot block manufacturers softwares, but all cheap mouses don't have it. I used it also in game because had to, but after some soacs patch it fucked up. Defend myself about this macro is illegal thing. Can see from streams and vid's i am not using it, even i would play melee. But macro is common, people will post players pk videos where they are macroing shit out and even GM's will allow to show em in social media.

Hope soacs will be better configured and need to be looked in to it, it makes many people give up on server.

But this is good idea, as Candy said. " Tip for the next launch:
    On launching day, put login server online for an hour or two before the actual server. That way ppl can test and possibly fix their soacs problems. "
    It's down to the koxp dev's naming their shit identical to most typical software being run at all PC's, just like this nVidia Candy mentioned.
    On last server we played it triggered on Spotify. But yeah, SOACS is 100% most annoying anticheat since you have no freaking idea what's blocking your access and its extremely time consuming to figure out this yourself.
    If you are not good with PC's, you definitely cant play any SOACS servers since you will probably fuck your windows over trying to close random processes running.

LEJ
    Banned Senior Member

So new engine u mean the server will be on 19xx files? if thats so its a no go for me , the combo is horrible and it feels really different then myko

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
    So new engine u mean the server will be on 19xx files? if thats so its a no go for me , the combo is horrible and it feels really different then myko
    Your opinion is well respected but we are still going with the new engine, right now we are rebuilding ALOT of aspects of the game to make them as MYKO alike as possible and once we finish it will be a way better version of it, we have detailed the choice of the new engine and why it is better than the old one in our forums so i invite you to read it.

@Ghost , Make sure you fix the glacier skills along with the monsters re acts to it , For almost 1 year in your old server mobs wasn't able to be slowed or screamed , Also their movements were too fast than usual when you voke them , Of course also the torment and duff wasn't working on mobs aswell .

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumber View Post
    @Ghost , Make sure you fix the glacier skills along with the monsters re acts to it , For almost 1 year in your old server mobs wasn't able to be slowed or screamed , Also their movements were too fast than usual when you voke them , Of course also the torment and duff wasn't working on mobs aswell .
    At the end of the last version this issue got fixed, right now PVP and PvM especially damage wise is like 90% fixed (compared to v12xx) the feeling changed alot based on our current tests, we will have alot of work yet to do but it will be worth it

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    12-30-2018, 05:57 PM
  2. Hits: 12
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 3
    08-22-2016, 03:37 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    01-30-2016, 05:44 PM
  5. Hits: 3
    11-23-2015, 04:08 PM
  6. Hits: 1