Page 87 of 167 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2494
Like Tree376Likes

Zone MYKO (Stay tuned)

This is a discussion on Zone MYKO (Stay tuned) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; 50% of the companies will send you your password in email. I never seen anything different for example most of ...
Page: 87

Banned Senior Member

50% of the companies will send you your password in email. I never seen anything different for example most of hosting services, email hostings etc.

I am aware of risks and I agree it is not optimal, however for accounts that going to be DELETED anyway, because they are 6 months + inactive, this is the last resort in case they didnt log because they forgot password and was not able to recover it.

If there is someone uncomfortable with storing any password in email, there is of course chance to reset his password on website which sends only confirmation code to change password on website.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKaoS View Post
    50% of the companies will send you your password in email. I never seen anything different for example most of hosting services, email hostings etc.

I am aware of risks and I agree it is not optimal, however for accounts that going to be DELETED anyway, because they are 6 months + inactive, this is the last resort in case they didnt log because they forgot password and was not able to recover it.

If there is someone uncomfortable with storing any password in email, there is of course chance to reset his password on website which sends only confirmation code to change password on website.
    I hate to be blunt, but you're putting your trust in the wrong companies then; I don't know of any such services that do this -- can you name any of them so I can be sure to stay clear of them? This is insanely insecure behaviour.
    In the case of e-mail hosting, none of the big names do this; Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.

Just in case the problem isn't really clicking, I just want to stress that the problem isn't just with the inactive accounts, though -- it's the simple fact that if anyone, anytime gains access to your database (even staff!) there's nothing stopping them from looking up player's passwords and potentially trying those with other services (even just on other private KO servers, which is something that's happened many times before, some I can recall from recent history even).
    As much as we can preach to always use a different password on every service, realistically, way too many people are still going to be doing this. Sometimes we just have to do our best to protect players from themselves. Making their password irrecoverable goes a long way towards doing this.

I would very much recommend you start hashing your passwords. There is no reason to be storing them in plaintext, or even an encrypted format; it just invites more trouble down the road.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Just in case the problem isn't really clicking, I just want to stress that the problem isn't just with the inactive accounts, though -- it's the simple fact that if anyone, anytime gains access to your database (even staff!) there's nothing stopping them from looking up player's passwords and potentially trying those with other services (even just on other private KO servers, which is something that's happened many times before, some I can recall from recent history even).
    Yup I know we got many cases when our players got hacked when their passwords was compromised by different server owners (or someone who steal their database), I will not say which server was there but there was lot of which you can see here in private server sections. But I can say, none of that cases happened by leaking our data. I have stable staff to access database for whole 1 year and 9 months.

Anyway we are planning to hash passwords soon just to be 100% sure.

Ya please encrypt the passwords. Most of the ppl i have came across are using same username and password for private servers. I did ask them to change it but they are too lazy.

Also please look at the drop rates and increase it ASAP as ppl are quitting rapidly because they are fuked by farm.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ioOi View Post
    Ya please encrypt the passwords. Most of the ppl i have came across are using same username and password for private servers. I did ask them to change it but they are too lazy.

Also please look at the drop rates and increase it ASAP as ppl are quitting rapidly because they are fuked by farm.
    There will be patch soon, we expect this Sunday.

Dead Server. Don't recommend to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    Online 177 PLAYERS

The number of user online is great.

this guy is sad

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePvP View Post
    Online 177 PLAYERS

177 ppl are online i believe u , how many of them are in cz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    177 ppl are online i believe u , how many of them are in cz ?
    There was at least 70 people in cz today. I believe it was even higher that's what I saw when I check panel during pk.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePvP View Post
    Online 177 PLAYERS

User Panel Numbers? These tend to be exaggerated. I guarantee majority of that is sitting in moradon not to mention alt accs of the high geared players just merchanting all the time. Most likely only 15-20% of that is in cz during event or war which reduces to 2-3 parties max on each side for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes before they logg off again in intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by NaRcoTiZeD View Post
    this guy is sad
    Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Clegane View Post
    There was at least 70 people in cz today. I believe it was even higher that's what I saw when I check panel during pk.
    During peak time of pk ? For How long? Like 1-2 hours? People mainly logg in 5-10 min. intervals on that server for juraid, bifrost, bdw or war. There is no constant pk base, like I said it is a dead server. Same people day after day in cz. Gets boring for me. If it suits you, by all means be my guest.

User Panel Numbers? These tend to be exaggerated. I guarantee majority of that is sitting in moradon not to mention alt accs of the high geared players just merchanting all the time. Most likely only 15-20% of that is in cz during event or war which reduces to 2-3 parties max on each side for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes before they logg off again in intervals.

Perhaps.

During peak time of pk ? For How long? Like 1-2 hours? People mainly logg in 5-10 min. intervals on that server for juraid, bifrost, bdw or war. There is no constant pk base, like I said it is a dead server. Same people day after day in cz. Gets boring for me. If it suits you, by all means be my guest.

You were told that server have people online and people in cz, maybe its not active like few months ago but its still playable and getting better even during summer time, its obviously good thing.
    You play there... I have no idea why you were not enough perceptive to not realize that. And why you are trying prove that server is dead by replying to other people who play there too and think opposite, thats funny xD.
    My good advice then, just quit and let us have fun there without you .

Well all you guys saying is true but remember this has survived for so long and it was kinda dead a month back but now is active. Like peak time 3x human party and 2 x orcs party (not counting the solo and few ppl), which we saw earlier in catch teh flag event. Ye ppl mostly merch but they play as well.

I can say that is it almost dead when it comes to farming wise where only few few few ppl do farm. But there are new ppl coming in and hopefully like as SirKaos said about the patch (i pray it will be to help new players), it will be active again.

The ppl who don;t log in did not burn their items, so if it sparks back, they will come, have fun and go looking for other PS (which does not last long).

Saying that ApexKO does not fall in the list of PS, it is one hell good server that i played long ago before wipe. But it happened the same there. ZoneKO as apex is trying to give everythign it has to its player. If they wanted, they could have started fresh a long time back and for that reason i am still stickign with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fammer View Post
    You were told that server have people online and people in cz, maybe its not active like few months ago but its still playable and getting better even during summer time, its obviously good thing.
    You play there... I have no idea why you were not enough perceptive to not realize that. And why you are trying prove that server is dead by replying to other people who play there too and think opposite, thats funny xD.
    My good advice then, just quit and let us have fun there without you .
    First of all buddy, summer is pretty much over with only a few weeks left. "You play there... I have no idea why you were not enough perceptive to not realize that." Not enough perceptive? HA HA! I quit that server months ago. I'm not perceptive enough? How about those crooked GMs that allowed DDOSing 24/7 on their own server crippling pk when all they simply had to do was invest in a simple VPN. People would spam shoutbox on the forums but no one gave 2 shits. This went on day in and day out during June. The market is completely and utter useless as people have been, including myself trying to sell full geared accounts for several months. No one will buy decent gear accounts, because there is no new players joining that plague of a server. Don't believe me? go to this turd of a website and view the shoutbox, I guarantee you there will always be 1 or 2 posts about server negligence and dead pk ------>>>> https://forums.knightonline-zone.com/

"Why am I trying to prove the server is dead by replying to other people who play there too and think opposite, thats funny xD"

I don't know what processes your brain is capable of handling and allowing you to carry out necessary tasks so that you can survive and produce offspring who I hope play a better knight online server than those you clearly have a fond taste of. The numbers of player that participate on that server on a daily basis whether in cz or moradon are stale numbers. If you have not noticed its always the same clans and same 2 parties vs 2 parties in cz during peak times. The numbers on that server are very low. Funny? You think that it's funny? I'm not delusional like you that needs to satisfy his own personal craving of knight online by playing a brain dead server with no quality action in cz against 5-6 year old Turks. By the way, enjoy farming atrosses and riotes during off pk times because that's all that there is.

By the way, next time you feel the need to "express yourself", at least do it with the use of proper English. This is an English forum not a Turkish cafe. We all don't live in the 3rd world.

Banned Senior Member

From other thread - self explaining :-)

go apexko. it's pretty much like a dead usko server. best private server out there right now.
    Of course he need to say server is dead, he want more players to go to server he actually plays ;-)

Anyway server had no DDoS for past 14 months, because it is not possible. What was the problem was application level attack on AIServer, that is some kind of difference, but I guess you have no clue what is the difference anyway

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    12-30-2018, 05:57 PM
  2. Hits: 12
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 3
    08-22-2016, 03:37 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    01-30-2016, 05:44 PM
  5. Hits: 3
    11-23-2015, 04:08 PM
  6. Hits: 1