Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ok so this server is cheatfree for sure.. but what about the other stuff

This is a discussion on ok so this server is cheatfree for sure.. but what about the other stuff within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by undefined how can you decide to make a fine tuned manual on how to ban someone in ...
Page: 3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by undefined View Post
    how can you decide to make a fine tuned manual on how to ban someone in a video game? everyone has to many different options on what should happen. the only thing that I would do, if someone decided to scam and quit clan, I would just mute the fucking shit out of their entire account, it wont stop them from trading it over to another character, but it would sure as hell piss them off. If someone lured something on someone and I saw it, I would let the monster get halfway there, DC that user, then just kill the mob myself so they lose the drop. If someone decides to KS all the time like a Hiz, then I would just DC them everytime I saw them doing it, which could happen all the fucking time, along with a mute. These are minor punishments, but this is the kind of thing that you have to think about. More than a small handful of people are going to be playing this game, and you got to look at it from our perspective, if someone is trying to stay on both sides of the fence, how will you go about doing that in a game where there are 2 rival factions as mentioned before? No one can be completely happy in this game. This game reminds me the military, because you have to make decisions that will not benefit everyone, only the majority, you will always have those people that are disappointed. You cant control it, its just the way things are. Sorry, but, I dont think there is really that much that we can do on these types of things. That is more on the user, and how smart they trust people, how smart they are to block trade when taking a boss, how smart they are to not let someone KS them. The only reason you guys get mad is you start accusing GM's of things, because people always need someone to blame, so why not blame the people that put their heart and soul into this server so you can have fun. I havent done shit, but there are alot of people on here that are unappreciated.
    hmmm... why?

why the people who got a mob lured to them need to lose their boss?

Fafama

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    i'm talking about the other unpleasant stuff tat comes along with this game that don't really have a clear boundary. things like

1) luring on people doing bosses(like on the healer on talos or w/e)
    2) ksing
    3) scamming ingame(such as players quitting clans not giving back items or whatever that sort of thing or ninja looting)
    4) calling other ally from other nation to help raid a cz exp spot that you want
    5) trade-spamming/party spamming/other annoying shit

probably more but ya. how are gms gona handle such situations?

1. This is part of KO
    2. This is part of KO
    3. Dont give items to untrusted person or add him to parties.
    4. Of course if u can't handle the strong team Ull call some help. Part of KO again.
    5. /block_trade_request , press H -> Party -> Allow/Block requests.

Why Gms should help u in this situations if u can't hadnle by urself.?
    What u gonna create another topic when some1 lured ur TK ?

Pls ban this guy lured our boss T_T

Gooosh i am seeing already the general chat filled with these noob askings

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    A: As said previously, you can kill steal on bosses; however, when it comes to exp spots, it will not be tolerated.
    as I asked before, how r u going to check who is KSing? both players/parties can say that they were there first...

Banned

since we want real KO, IMO scamming shouldnt be bannable..
    its part of server policitcs,if someone scams something then he ruins his reputation

gms should take care off the game, for the bugs, for koxpers and not for ur stupidy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by W33dStyle View Post
    its part of server policitcs,if someone scams something then he ruins his reputation

gms should take care off the game, for the bugs, for koxpers and not for ur stupidy
    lol

and from this reply, what should we understand about you?

people play private servers coz they are sick of all the shit that there is in usko. and now u want them in this private server?

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

i just love how people wan scamming to be justified now. so they can't be banned n they can return n scam again. oh and, reputation? please.. an ncs will solve that. and don't give me shit about disabling ncs, cause if it is blatant scamming isn't it OBVIOUSLY better for gms to do something about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by W33dStyle View Post

This dude have somthing realy wrong, i bet he haves done quite few scams.

Calcifer

what a weird person .
    If someone keeping ks u /it does mean you both ksing eachother
    If someone trade spaming you /block your trade request
    If someone luring any huge body to you / so become hide or town it : D

Is there something wrong with that guy? .Thoose things arent cheating .

Cheating is , if there is any skill (minor heal,atack skils) are using for badly.with any program or tbl.

If there is 3th party tool programs going on this is cheating.
    If there is duping items or nation points transfer it is cheating.
    So , i agree with you only those 2 things.

There is still going on np transfer - and minor skill thingy
    Well its just beta. idont care thats why

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    what a weird person .
    If someone keeping ks u /it does mean you both ksing eachother
    If someone trade spaming you /block your trade request
    If someone luring any huge body to you / so become hide or town it : D

Is there something wrong with that guy? .Thoose things arent cheating .

Cheating is , if there is any skill (minor heal,atack skils) are using for badly.with any program or tbl.

If there is 3th party tool programs going on this is cheating.
    If there is duping items or nation points transfer it is cheating.
    So , i agree with you only those 2 things.

There is still going on np transfer - and minor skill thingy
    Well its just beta. idont care thats why
    u're right i would do those things back to the asshole who started them. but i would rather NOT have such things done to me. but honestly i don't care for those minor shit either -_-.

and i never said it was cheating. i said besides cheating. -_-

Psy

I'll throw my 2 cents in because the amount of opinions from noobs in this topic makes my blood boil.

People who say that this is a part of the game can go fuck themselves. If you hit a mob in eslant, your intention is to kill it. End of story.

2) ksing
    KSing on bosses is alright. You have those people who can tank a boss but can't kill it. KSing on xp spots because you want to get into the party or you want to steal the XP spot is NOT alright, and should result in at least a DC or temp ban.

3) scamming ingame(such as players quitting clans not giving back items or whatever that sort of thing or ninja looting)
    If the item just dropped, and a member picked it up from the mob, then quit clan so as to keep the item, then they should not be allowed to keep the item.
    If the item dropped and was awarded to them, then they quit the clan because of some B.S. or drama issue, then the clan should not expect to get that item back.

4) calling other ally from other nation to help raid a cz exp spot that you want
    I LOVE doing this. If this were bannable, i'd be banned even in moradon at level 10 (not really)

Tradespamming and partyspamming are deliberate attempts to fuck someone up (or steal the item from the party spammer in the case of that glitch) just as luring is, and should therefor be bannable offenses. Yes, you should put the block up for those, no it is not your fault if it happens.
    Last edited by Psy; 02-10-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Validating

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I'll throw my 2 cents in because the amount of opinions from noobs in this topic makes my blood boil.

People who say that this is a part of the game can go fuck themselves. If you hit a mob in eslant, your intention is to kill it. End of story.

2) ksing
    KSing on bosses is alright. You have those people who can tank a boss but can't kill it. KSing on xp spots because you want to get into the party or you want to steal the XP spot is NOT alright, and should result in at least a DC or temp ban.

If the item just dropped, and a member picked it up from the mob, then quit clan so as to keep the item, then they should not be allowed to keep the item.
    If the item dropped and was awarded to them, then they quit the clan because of some B.S. or drama issue, then the clan should not expect to get that item back.

I LOVE doing this. If this were bannable, i'd be banned even in moradon at level 10 (not really)

Tradespamming and partyspamming are deliberate attempts to fuck someone up (or steal the item from the party spammer in the case of that glitch) just as luring is, and should therefor be bannable offenses. Yes, you should put the block up for those, no it is not your fault if it happens.
    plain and simple

I haven't seen any game thats "cheatfree for sure". If you do, let me know.

"3) scamming ingame(such as players quitting clans not giving back items or whatever that sort of thing or ninja looting)
    If the item dropped and was awarded to them, then they quit the clan because of some B.S. or drama issue, then the clan should not expect to get that item back."

Since there is no way to make sure if the player deserved an item or not then it should be a clans responsibility to not recruit people they do not trust in the first place, all kinds of clan dramas are their own shit, dont go stirring it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    I haven't seen any game thats "cheatfree for sure". If you do, let me know.
    dota. its cheatfree if u play it competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    i'm talking about the other unpleasant stuff tat comes along with this game that don't really have a clear boundary. things like

2) ksing

probably more but ya. how are gms gona handle such situations?
    1) You aren't the center of the earth. Everybody wants to get a drops, if they do it in dirty way then most likely someone will do the same to them.
    It's all about respect each other.
    2) Into this one should be involved GM.
    3) Simple. Give a drop to someone who earned it, then you haven't right to take it back. You can't kill bosses alone, and nobody will put effort help you with out a earning something.
    4) If you are too weak to keep your spot, then you shouldn't go exp in pk zone. Alternative is simple: Eslant.
    5) You can easy block that by yourself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast