Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Server Location

This is a discussion on Server Location within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; even on cwest u still knew who the cheaters were and stuff, that community size will be similar to this ...
Page: 5

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

even on cwest u still knew who the cheaters were and stuff, that community size will be similar to this one im sure we will know who the cheaters are and will be reported easy

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I actually spent some time checking things over with the hosting package last night for everyone. Now I've not been doing anything to the server which would explain any issues and they hosting team checked the speed output and it is still on 100mb/100mb. The server is not in Berlin either for the record. Also I have had other convicts use the server with no issue at all and it's common knowledge most australlian net is fucking horrid due to how bad the net technology is down there.

Even though I am not dealing with anything on this any more, the guys here can still access the server unrestricted and do anything needed so there is no need for people to start doing conspericey thoeries. I needed to get out of all of this because people couldn't back off when I asked them too.

Hey, was wondering what VPN would be best for the KO4LIFE server, i live in Australia, money isnt a problem, would i be better off getting a VPN from america because there internet is pretty sick or geta Euro VPN because thats where the server is hosted? Thanks

so far ive had a look at www.vpngates.com and www.madvpn.com, anyone have experience with these vpn's or know any better ones? i don't really know anything about this kind of stuff but would things like https://12vpn.com/?gclid=CPvBksT0wZ8CFZAvpAodXSHa1A be of any use?

Thanks
    Last edited by silentdj; 01-26-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

the problem has always been the number of hops you guys have to make. Your proberly having to do over 12 hops to get to server. If you choose an american VPN you are still going to have to hop from west cost to east and then over to europe.

You need to just see how good they ping the KO server and not this forum as they are two seperate servers in 2 different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    Hey, was wondering what VPN would be best for the KO4LIFE server, i live in Australia, money isnt a problem, would i be better off getting a VPN from america because there internet is pretty sick or geta Euro VPN because thats where the server is hosted? Thanks

so far ive had a look at www.vpngates.com and www.madvpn.com, anyone have experience with these vpn's or know any better ones? i don't really know anything about this kind of stuff but would things like https://12vpn.com/?gclid=CPvBksT0wZ8CFZAvpAodXSHa1A be of any use?

Thanks
    PM me your msn.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    the problem has always been the number of hops you guys have to make. Your proberly having to do over 12 hops to get to server. If you choose an american VPN you are still going to have to hop from west cost to east and then over to europe.

You need to just see how good they ping the KO server and not this forum as they are two seperate servers in 2 different locations.
    Ahh yeh i see, how do i ping the ko server? never done that kinda thing before, thanks

i am ok with location

Quote Originally Posted by perfection V2 View Post
    Dude im not posting this for me lol i have the bet net in the world im posting this for half of my clan thats gonna not play the offical because of thius problem
    You can have 100Mb/s there and still have the same issue. Raw bandwidth has nothing to do with LATENCY. The problem is having high ping and maybe a slow computer (low fps).

Do a traceroute and post it. Lets see how many jumps and latency you got.

tracert -d beta.ko4life.com

Banned Senior Member

I hope you guys find some solution for this.

ill buy a euro VPN tomorow or trial maybe and see how it goes

I can't understand why I am not experiencing the same thing.

maybe we are just lying

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    maybe we are just lying
    Plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    You can have 100Mb/s there and still have the same issue. Raw bandwidth has nothing to do with LATENCY. The problem is having high ping and maybe a slow computer (low fps).

Do a traceroute and post it. Lets see how many jumps and latency you got.

tracert -d beta.ko4life.com
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmv8quf_xM&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube - How to view someones IP address and connection speed![/ame]

You all now know the real Devile!

Banned

BAD ass ping but still no problem with lags or anything

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast