Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Completely new to mage, staff? armor?

This is a discussion on Completely new to mage, staff? armor? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i'm playing mage for fun as ive never played it before, (new server), right now im using linen, with a ...
Page: 1

Default Completely new to mage, staff? armor?

i'm playing mage for fun as ive never played it before, (new server), right now im using linen, with a wood 9, dual FR, dual mano earrings, crystal nec + belt.

im still leveling but unsure, weather i should go linen build or not? i was thinking elixer 7 and crimson 7 set, but how is that going to work out for damage PVP and PVE based?

staff wise elixer 7 for now, until i can afford a scorching 7 or smth.

any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    i'm playing mage for fun as ive never played it before, (new server), right now im using linen, with a wood 9, dual FR, dual mano earrings, crystal nec + belt.

im still leveling but unsure, weather i should go linen build or not? i was thinking elixer 7 and crimson 7 set, but how is that going to work out for damage PVP and PVE based?

any help is appreciated.
    Great items, all i would switch is cry neck for ep and belt for skeleton belt or light belt of life,
    also staff get a scorcher+7 its very good or a woe+7

any help is appreciated.
    It depends mostly on what type of mage your gonna be going forward. You aiming for ardream or CZ?
    If it's for CZ. I'd say go for scorching staff, complete set, switch the crystal accessories to HP or Defence ability accessories, such as EP, Iron neck, Glass belt and Light belt of life. Same goes for the Mano earring, i'd say try to get HP earrings, such as SSE or Bronze earrings. Maybe a Defence dagger helmet, else sins will destroy you pretty quick.

Any question about mage, just let us know.

Regards,
    Frank

ill be playing in cz

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Will you be attacking mage or support mage?
    If you plan on going attacking mage, then it seems fine now (maybe replace staff with juraid staff)
    and earrings for SSE.

Also if you plan to go support, get shield fast =D

ill be playing in cz
    mostly with mages ?

yeah mostly with mages but possibly melle, ill defo be fire mage, but right now im looking for a build to sort of solo farm without getting 1 hit by everything, with linnen and wood staff 9 i seem to die so quick, i'd like to do similar damage but with more def / health, mainly genie single mob targets.

Little archer Senior Member

Fire mage is pointless without a mage party in my opinion. At least in pvp.

I liked the days where a damaging ice or light mage would be desirable in a melee party for their utility. Now they're just shield-whores with one useful ability (tp).

Linen build can be great for solo hunting and especially juraid. Try to get a WoE or scorching and you'll be dishing really good dps.

R u playing at manes or akara ?

ta for the replies what about stats wise? how much should i put into MP before i start pumping into hp? i play manes, started on tuesday currently level 67 xD

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

on linen build i suppose you can easily go full mp, 12 extra stats for scorching and woe on int rest all to hp is my guess. But better then wood +9 is a staff that looks like mythril or elemental staff it has no name and it's unique staff non upgradable has 73ap and 61 to all 3 elementals, it requires 86 int or something to hold, i've seen this somewhere on screenshots on ko4life before people say it's dropped by field bosses, so i suppose it should be cheap on market.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Fire mage is pointless without a mage party in my opinion. At least in pvp.

I liked the days where a damaging ice or light mage would be desirable in a melee party for their utility. Now they're just shield-whores with one useful ability (tp).

Linen build can be great for solo hunting and especially juraid. Try to get a WoE or scorching and you'll be dishing really good dps.

it's possible play mage solo pvp with any type u just have to use all u can in your favor but it's not easy.

yeah mostly with mages but possibly melle, ill defo be fire mage, but right now im looking for a build to sort of solo farm without getting 1 hit by everything, with linen and wood staff 9 i seem to die so quick, i'd like to do similar damage but with more def / health, mainly genie single mob targets.
    Well if you can, start to farm BDW achieve (90 def) or JR (100 def). About gear do not forget that bonus MP work at PK, so if you want serious CZ pk forget about linen bulid, go for chitin/complate (160 int) and best if you could get LkP's instead of SSE and get EP 0/1/2 - so you could put those MP points from uniq into HP (like 225 mp instead 250 mp and those 25 into HP at 80 lvl). Also stick to scorcher (DD and HP will help too). With such bulid you should be fine in both, mage and mele party.
    Last edited by regiss; 02-02-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    Well if you can, start to farm BDW achieve (90 def) or JR (100 def). About gear do not forget that bonus MP work at PK, so if you want serious CZ pk forget about linen bulid, go for chitin/complate (160 int) and best if you could get LkP's instead of SSE and get EP 0/1/2 - so you could put some those MP point from uniq into HP (like 225 mp instead 250 mp and those 25 into HP for 80 lvl). Also stick to scorcher (DD and HP will help too). With such bulid you should be fine in both, mage and mele party.
    probably the only reply that's valid and worth reading tbh

lol jk regiss is a hobo with gm injected scorching staff rev+423

I suggest strongly you go fire-attack mage and play exclusively in melee parties and when they use warrior AoE you can drop novas and do tons of damage.

nub
    Banned

hahahaha Sephiroth going mage, nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast