Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ice support mage

This is a discussion on ice support mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; He is a liar because 1. This is not KE, 2. Int doesn't have any effect on stun rate, go ...
Page: 2

He is a liar because 1. This is not KE, 2. Int doesn't have any effect on stun rate, go reskill to 255 int to prove your stupidity.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

He is a liar because 1. This is not KE, 2. Int doesn't have any effect on stun rate, go reskill to 255 int to prove your stupidity.[/b]
    I was full 255 int mage for a reason. Ur making it look like 255 int would mean 100% stun, it doesnt. But from normal 160 int to 255 int even a dumb clueless guy should see a dif, specially if u know what to look for. Again, if u have no idea how things work stay out of this.

I havent played in moradon patch, only thing that ice age changed was the fixed one of the staff combo bugs. However i got few friends still in usko who know smth about stun rate and whoaaaah suprise, they use the same build i did and their saying that everything is the same. Ice rate formulas got a bit of makeovering.

If u wanna call me a liar, do that. Like i give a shit. Even if most ppl do belive that int thingy is a myth or a lie, fine, let them. Thing is, iv seen the mechanics how they work and iv seen atleast the iceage patch files (translated poorly tho). Only thing im gona say: l2p or gtfo.

Iv said this before, ko community is degenerating and its getting worse.

You gave a shit to respond to me and like i said, this is not KE, you havn't even played in moradon patch so why don't you actually come and see for yourself instead of just asking people. Yes a friend has gone 255 INT and NO it made no difference in stun so i suggest if you have no idea on how the moradon patch works, you stay out of this.

Just for some future reference:

Made no difference ty.

gonna have int for armors, mp for GE +7 but i wonder what should i do with rest ? to INT for better slow rate or into HP ?

thx[/b]

114 mp ( i think) Enough int for crimsons.

Rest hp, you'll have decent hp/ac and slow a lot, all a good support ice mage needs imo.

You gave a shit to respond to me and like i said, this is not KE, you havn't even played in moradon patch so why don't you actually come and see for yourself instead of just asking people. Yes a friend has gone 255 INT and NO it made no difference in stun so i suggest if you have no idea on how the moradon patch works, you stay out of this.

Just for some future reference:

Made no difference ty.[/b]
    Why are all light mages INT? Cause int doesnt help with stunning?
    And your friend must have very crappy gear tbh with 59 hp points only 2K hp? My mage has less and way more hp. + a rof isn't the best choice for a light mage (it's good for the ac tho). Also why is the ac so low? He reskilled fast fast to 255 int bought some hp +6 paper armors or even str when we look to that hp took a screen and resk back?
    And horror: this topic goes about an ice mage, not light mage. Imo int does help with stunning, but thats just my 2 cents.

sexyrexy

he is wearing an int set genious and the stun rate increase if any is not worth the loss of hp regardless
    and if you look at his inv. there are imirs in it...

int does increase the stun rate, at least it was for KE version, not sure if it's the same with the ROFD version, since I tried basically everything in KE.[/b]
    We have already come to a conclusion that you are a worthless stupid mage.

I was full 255 int mage for a reason. Ur making it look like 255 int would mean 100% stun, it doesnt. But from normal 160 int to 255 int even a dumb clueless guy should see a dif, specially if u know what to look for. Again, if u have no idea how things work stay out of this.

I havent played in moradon patch, only thing that ice age changed was the fixed one of the staff combo bugs. However i got few friends still in usko who know smth about stun rate and whoaaaah suprise, they use the same build i did and their saying that everything is the same. Ice rate formulas got a bit of makeovering.

If u wanna call me a liar, do that. Like i give a shit. Even if most ppl do belive that int thingy is a myth or a lie, fine, let them. Thing is, iv seen the mechanics how they work and iv seen atleast the iceage patch files (translated poorly tho). Only thing im gona say: l2p or gtfo.

Iv said this before, ko community is degenerating and its getting worse.[/b]
    You sound like you are the only person that played in KE patch. I have owned a level 70 mage in Ares, one of the first few level 70 mage back in those days. Due to countless of rumors on KO4LIFE regarding to INT improves stun rate, I have tested 255 INT + lupus staff +8 / elixir +7 / Salamander +8. When I used Lupus staff +8, my damage was shit, and I couldn't stun for jack. Those that have pked with me could confirm on this. When I switched to Elixir +7, I was stunning a lot more and the damage improved, so I restated back to 160 INT. Guess what? the stun rate was the same. Not to mention, everyone had shit equips back then, not everyone was wearing a ROL, so their LR was low compare to nowadays.

I am glad you are the only mage that stunned everyone with ur 255 INT, was this in MYKO? or Private server? or some other servers like Unbeatable?

I will say for the last time, INT is not the direct modifier for stun rate. MP is the direct modifier for damage, and thats it for Mages. Everything else depend on AP / Elemental damage / Opponent's resistance / Luck etc.

What you are saying is like DEX INCREASES THE CHANCES FOR SCREAM / LEGCUT / STUNSHOCK etc. Yet these have been proven as rumors, dunno why people still go around defending their worthless rumors.

So ya, please gtfo and l2p and stfu

114 mp ( i think) Enough int for crimsons.

Rest hp, you'll have decent hp/ac and slow a lot, all a good support ice mage needs imo.
    Why are all light mages INT? Cause int doesnt help with stunning?
    And your friend must have very crappy gear tbh with 59 hp points only 2K hp? My mage has less and way more hp. + a rof isn't the best choice for a light mage (it's good for the ac tho). Also why is the ac so low? He reskilled fast fast to 255 int bought some hp +6 paper armors or even str when we look to that hp took a screen and resk back?
    And horror: this topic goes about an ice mage, not light mage. Imo int does help with stunning, but thats just my 2 cents.[/b]
    All light mages are INT because they need INT to wear Completes and uses Elixir? What kind of stupid question is that. If Completes and Staff only had MP and HP requirements, I would keep INT at 60 and max out MP and HP like all other classes.
    H0RR0R is testing 255 INT with int accessories, you should look at his inventory for imir rings / chitin shield / and armors.

All light mages are INT because they need INT to wear Completes and uses Elixir? What kind of stupid question is that. If Completes and Staff only had MP and HP requirements, I would keep INT at 60 and max out MP and HP like all other classes.
    H0RR0R is testing 255 INT with int accessories, you should look at his inventory for imir rings / chitin shield / and armors.[/b]

There are still plenty of paper ice (yes ice, suspect,gomej,fatih) and fire mages( too many to list) in diez even at lvl 80 yet there is not even 1 light mage whos paper.

gratz puppet you completly missed the point.

To formulate it in a diff way: Why do there still exist paper ice/fire mages but not a single paper light mage? Cause they need int to stun, done.
    There was a guy with lupus +9 , imirs +2 and he didn't stun shit. I was light with le +7 imirs +0 and 200 int and i could stun 60% of the people without any problem even with that sucky gear.

And another thing : why do uniques/staffs have int bonus? if it's useles amongst you. For the mana, mp or magic power bonus ( cannot remember wich one) gives mana too... so not a point

There are still plenty of paper ice (yes ice, suspect,gomej,fatih) and fire mages( too many to list) in diez even at lvl 80 yet there is not even 1 light mage whos paper.

To formulate it in a diff way: Why do there still exist paper ice/fire mages but not a single paper light mage? Cause they need int to stun, done.
    There was a guy with lupus +9 , imirs +2 and he didn't stun shit. I was light with le +7 imirs +0 and 200 int and i could stun 60% of the people without any problem even with that sucky gear.

And another thing : why do uniques/staffs have int bonus? if it's useles amongst you. For the mana, mp or magic power bonus ( cannot remember wich one) gives mana too... so not a point[/b]
    Gratz you proved your stupidity.

Actually, I was once grade 2 light mage using chaotic staff. I stunned fine, but the problem is, I couldn't solo Warriors / Rogue / BP due to lack of AC. I have always wanted to pk alone, or duo with another sin / mage / priest. If I wanted to pk in a party, I would be a ice or fire mage, not a light mage. Furthermore, light mage pk video wouldn't exist if they were all paper light mage, simply because you wouldn't be able to out pot opponent's damage input, hence losing the battle.

Of course that guy wouldn't stun for shit.
    Lupus Staff is a crappy staff, due to its grade and AP, and Imir Rings has nothing to do with stun rate. It merely adds damage to your spells.
    No matter how much INT you have, if you have a shit staff such as Lupus Staff, you wouldn't stun for jack. Hence the reason why people put 138+ INT to use Elixir / Exceptional Elixir / Elysium etc.

Why isn't there crystal mages out there? The answer is, there is. In newer server, would anyone invest 22 more stats point for 100+ AC? Yes, a non-dumbass mage would. Hence the reason why mages have 160 INT, merely for the staff's AP and AC from the armors, not because INT gives stun rate. Do you see any mages with 170+ INT? Nope.

INT on staffs act like a bonus to compensate other things. Example, INT on Elysium is used to compensate the low elemental damage, and INT on LE is there to compensate the low AP it has. Do you see the new, well balanced, staff from ED gives INT? Nope. It is actually a good bonus to increase mana, since Mages' spell requires a lot more mana than other classes.

Mages would be over-powered if Staffs and Armors didn't require INT. Could you imagine if mages' armor and staffs were based on MP and HP like warriors (STR/HP) / rogue (Dex/HP)? They wouldn't probably stand a chance.

So tell me, why do warrior weapons have dex bonus? Why do rogue's dagger have str bonus? Again, rumors rumors rumors.

And another thing : why do uniques/staffs have int bonus? if it's useles amongst you. For the mana, mp or magic power bonus ( cannot remember wich one) gives mana too... so not a point[/b]
    There are paper fire mages for the obvious reason of maxing mp for damage. There are paper ice mages for the reason of keeping mp/int reqs. low so you can pump an insane amout into hp. The reason there are no paper light mages is because you need higher int reqs. to use higher ap staffs (yes to increase stun). So after looking at the different builds one might argue ok I can go tier 2 lightning and wield a Chaotic which has decent ap. However after doing the math for a crystal build with a Elysium vs tier 2 with Chaotic the choice becomes clear. Higher AC higher ap staff (and stun rate). That my friend is why you do not see paper light mages.

You ask why do some staffs have int on them. Why not ask why all the other uniques/items have int also? Its to increase your mana bar. You say it isnt a point but it is a very valid point actually.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

We have already come to a conclusion that you are a worthless stupid mage.
    You sound like you are the only person that played in KE patch. I have owned a level 70 mage in Ares, one of the first few level 70 mage back in those days. Due to countless of rumors on KO4LIFE regarding to INT improves stun rate, I have tested 255 INT + lupus staff +8 / elixir +7 / Salamander +8. When I used Lupus staff +8, my damage was shit, and I couldn't stun for jack. Those that have pked with me could confirm on this. When I switched to Elixir +7, I was stunning a lot more and the damage improved, so I restated back to 160 INT. Guess what? the stun rate was the same. Not to mention, everyone had shit equips back then, not everyone was wearing a ROL, so their LR was low compare to nowadays.

I am glad you are the only mage that stunned everyone with ur 255 INT, was this in MYKO? or Private server? or some other servers like Unbeatable?

I will say for the last time, INT is not the direct modifier for stun rate. MP is the direct modifier for damage, and thats it for Mages. Everything else depend on AP / Elemental damage / Opponent's resistance / Luck etc.[/b]
    U gotta be kidding me. Ur tests are useless and proove shit. U know nothing about stun and apparently some other things. Lupus staff is pointless.

Ppl who actually know smth about it are just prolly giggleing over this. Sry but true.

About me, i didnt have max int in my main char in usko coz it would have needed lvl 74 on crimson build. I quited before that. I got lvl 54 in myko beta. Most of my knowlage comes from japko. Ever heard of koukaku? I was playing with that mage. Ppl were calling the real owner "weather device" on purpose. She knew everything there was to know. And i never played in any retarded private servers.

And now u come here with some of ur clannies/friends throwing some dumb test results with a fuqing lupus staff on ur "int" build and just making a fool out of urslef. If u know jackshit about it dont bother with those dumb claims.

Wanna know smth about stun? Lemme tell. Most stun is so called "milli-stuns". it means that ur rate is pretty close to 100% but it lasts a fraction of a sec. Its hard to notice, best way is to combo a minoring rouge. It makes them miss alot of heals. Also it cancels alot of stuff, like rouge combos and priest healings. Staff elemental (and total, meaning from IMIR FUKING RINGS ALSO) amount means alot here. Staff AP actaully matters for the duration. Thats already noticeable.

Another thing, bonus int is more or less worthless. Almost every old mage knows that. Shit like ammy of goddess and golden earrings dont do anything. Int armor (loool) doesnt do anything also. However stuff like EP and GB already works.

Also, nothing is luck, its all based on math. I can prolly expect yet another mindless post calling me a liar and whatever. Thing is, this debate doesnt do anything, it doesnt change game mechanics so everything will stay the same. Some smartasses pop up all the time, im pretty tierd from this arguing already >.<

U gotta be kidding me. Ur tests are useless and proove shit. U know nothing about stun and apparently some other things. Lupus staff is pointless.

Ppl who actually know smth about it are just prolly giggleing over this. Sry but true.

About me, i didnt have max int in my main char in usko coz it would have needed lvl 74 on crimson build. I quited before that. I got lvl 54 in myko beta. Most of my knowlage comes from japko. Ever heard of koukaku? I was playing with that mage. Ppl were calling the real owner "weather device" on purpose. She knew everything there was to know. And i never played in any retarded private servers.

And now u come here with some of ur clannies/friends throwing some dumb test results with a fuqing lupus staff on ur "int" build and just making a fool out of urslef. If u know jackshit about it dont bother with those dumb claims.

Wanna know smth about stun? Lemme tell. Most stun is so called "milli-stuns". it means that ur rate is pretty close to 100% but it lasts a fraction of a sec. Its hard to notice, best way is to combo a minoring rouge. It makes them miss alot of heals. Also it cancels alot of stuff, like rouge combos and priest healings. Staff elemental (and total, meaning from IMIR FUKING RINGS ALSO) amount means alot here. Staff AP actaully matters for the duration. Thats already noticeable.

Another thing, bonus int is more or less worthless. Almost every old mage knows that. Shit like ammy of goddess and golden earrings dont do anything. Int armor (loool) doesnt do anything also. However stuff like EP and GB already works.
    Also, nothing is luck, its all based on math. I can prolly expect yet another mindless post calling me a liar and whatever. Thing is, this debate doesnt do anything, it doesnt change game mechanics so everything will stay the same. Some smartasses pop up all the time, im pretty tierd from this arguing already >.<[/b]
    Comming from someone who hasn&#39;t even played the moradon patch effectively knowing fuck all about it how can you say his tests prove shit & are useless? You go fully by word of mouth. The way stun works now is totally different than from previous versions. People who actually know about how stun works are roflin at you and simon.

How can you say bonus INT is worthless, thats almost as retarded as saying things such as HP bonus you get off EP are worthless.

P.S Everything he said was right.

There was a guy with lupus +9 , imirs +2 and he didn&#39;t stun shit. I was light with le +7 imirs +0 and 200 int and i could stun 60% of the people without any problem even with that sucky gear.

And another thing : why do uniques/staffs have int bonus? if it&#39;s useles amongst you. For the mana, mp or magic power bonus ( cannot remember wich one) gives mana too... so not a point[/b]
    gomej and fatih(if you mean cinkopat) arent paper...dont talk out of your ass -.-
    in diez lelle was once paper light with lupus+9(or higher) and he did stun like 9/10 >.<

Also, nothing is luck, its all based on math. I can prolly expect yet another mindless post calling me a liar and whatever. Thing is, this debate doesnt do anything, it doesnt change game mechanics so everything will stay the same. Some smartasses pop up all the time, im pretty tierd from this arguing already >.<[/b]
    You are talking out of your ass.

1: I already told you I have played in Ares since beginning of USKO, and yes a level 70 mage, when you are still masturbating with a lvl 57 mage LOL. Stun rate was higher back then, but it has nothing to do with INT. It has to do with opponent&#39;s resistance and the AP of the staffs. Why do you think most jurad uniques emphasize more on resist than anything else, ESPECIALLY LIGHT RESIST? It is because INT didn&#39;t work. <--BIG FUCKING PERIOD.

2: I dunno H0RROR, nor is he my clan mate. Yet I know he sold his warrior to play a light mage, and he disagrees with you as well.

3: Nice try on the milli stun, you are pulling shit out of your ass again. You think too high of KO, this isn&#39;t WoW, AoC, nor any advanced game out there. The only reason why the Minor seemed slower is because there wasn&#39;t minor pedal back then, and no one was using right click. People didn&#39;t minor as fast as they did back then. So yup, pulling shit out of your ass again.

4: You are a dumb ass. INT is great for mages and priests, it plays an important factor in 1v1.

5: Everything could be math based, but no one ever knew the formula, neither have you. So I would like to call it "Luck", same goes for anvil.

Arktic

epic discussion we have going on here

@simon... its probably because of your staff having higher elemental damage and higher staff AP that causes the stun&#39;s.................

3: Nice try on the milli stun, you are pulling shit out of your ass again. You think too high of KO, this isn&#39;t WoW, AoC, nor any advanced game out there. The only reason why the Minor seemed slower is because there wasn&#39;t minor pedal back then, and no one was using right click. People didn&#39;t minor as fast as they did back then. So yup, pulling shit out of your ass again.

4: You are a dumb ass. INT is great for mages and priests, it plays an important factor in 1v1.[/b]
    another reason why stun would screw rogues over is because to certain people with bad graphic cards or old computers, stun for some reason, causes quite a bit of lag. I remember playing on my crapp laptop, and the stun would like cause me to lag quite bad.

+1 to int being important..... its another reason why hellbreakers are so good for bp&#39;s

and yeah magyk.... stun nowadays is really based on staff AP more than anything else.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast