Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

About recent hackings.... how do you think its happening?

This is a discussion on About recent hackings.... how do you think its happening? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i lost 50 shadow piece and about 250gb...
Page: 4

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

i lost 50 shadow piece and about 250gb

well the best i can tell is there is a data base leak. the hackers can useal items even with no prem on the acounts

I'm sure those hackers have access to a lot of accounts data, and they haven't hacked them all yet so it doesn't look "too suspicious". they should do me a favor and hack me so i can quit, kinda pointless playing when a lot of good ppl are getting hacked and forced to quit, leaving the server more dead than it was before.
    Last edited by logosapien; 08-16-2012 at 12:44 AM.

question do you think if people agree to not log in at all for a weekend, would that make Mgame take the hacking issue more serious?
    i mean a lot of people are sending tickets and getting the same bllsht response, maybe a decrease in traffic would get their attention
    i'm sure getting the top clans to agree wouldn't' be a problem, and i'm sure with cw server having such a small population, all those merchants in moradon and ppl in pvp areas are mostly people we know and theirabsence would make a noticeable difference.

hmm now who do we know who HAD/HAS database access then their company got fucked over because they were a bunch of scamming pricks? Which we always knew but we still played USKO i don't get why you peoples didn't ask the new owners of USKO to change the login client so it cant be brute forced so easily or make everyone change their pass.....

TLDR: SUP?

Zwn

Quote Originally Posted by zwitter View Post
    hmm now who do we know who HAD/HAS database access then their company got fucked over because they were a bunch of scamming pricks? Which we always knew but we still played USKO i don't get why you peoples didn't ask the new owners of USKO to change the login client so it cant be brute forced so easily or make everyone change their pass.....

TLDR: SUP?
    that was my first idea as well, and i changed pw right after the handover to ntt cause k2 mgames and ntt were a bit too many chances to get haked imo, but many who got haked had changed pw since then (i think) and it also wouldnt explain the pple getting hacked at euko

Thug Life Baybbeehhh! Senior Member SizzleMyNizzle's Avatar

le sigh* lost around 2.5k u$d ...

Little archer Senior Member

or maybe illegal items are getting deleted?

or suspicious items

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I was hacked too about 3 weeks ago:

Here are some pointers, which could lead to answers about how it happens:

I had:
    - Newly installed windows, everything formatted, there was nothing at PC but KO and msn yet.. Everything clean so far.
    - Low lvl char
    - Too many coins on it, but nothing much else.
    - Never changed chars pw
    - I had some sort of bug, saying kinght online will be closed, and I had option to choose whether to report the bug or not. Strange thing is that whether I Choose option YES or NO, both times it will say bug has been reported... Now I wonder if this is not some sort of hack that has been somehow inserted into game updates, and downloaded through them. That could be somehow sending your login info somewhere. Its just my theory.

So far I came to three possible ways how it could be happening:
    - Database leak: Not changing your pw caused it (Changed your pw long time ago)
    - Website hack: On contrary Changing your pw at website caused it.
    - Bug that sends "reports" caused it.

If any of you hacked people had same bug happening and sending some "reports" please write here, so we have more clues. Or any other kinds of suspicions or circumstances under which you have been hacked, can help prevent further hackings..
    Here is what i experienced.. The gms or someone from Mgames team has access to database. He steals the id/passwords and hacks people, then sells the stuff back on server for gbs. People say that if u are only owner/ keep changing password blah blah blah u wont get hacked. But what i have experienced is anyone can get hacked in this game. ANYONE

It can be.But if hes GM he can make all the items he want i gues.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    It can be.But if hes GM he can make all the items he want i gues.
    Yep he can , but may be if he makes new items other team can see that he is doing it ? I also said it may be work of someone from Mgames team who has access to database of id passwords but not a gm

Little archer Senior Member

oh look if it isnt our favorite sheriff?

have you sent enough people to jail for raping u 1v1? haha

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    oh look if it isnt our favorite sheriff?

have you sent enough people to jail for raping u 1v1? haha
    lol yea i read ur crap talk there.. and guess what i just dont care
    100s of people kill me in vs everyday and thats not a reason to jail people lol.. that guy who made a topic here was caught in cz in a hacker pt and thats why was jailed
    Another sheriff who also saw him in hacker pt confirmed the vote.. also that guy later said sorry to me and he dint write anything more after saying sorry.. so guess what haters can kiss my ass !!

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerS View Post
    He steals the id/passwords and hacks people
    I love how most of the people here don't even know what "hacking" means.
    You're playing and old game that's full of corruption, illegal items, illegal characters, bad support and mostly just turkish community. I've said it many times before: Quit while you still can and sell your shit before you lose it all or before it becomes worthless and/or the real money market dies.
    I don't mean to sound negative but the game has seen it's best days and there's no way it can be improved unless they do complete character/item wipes and make a fresh start. They probably haven't even tried to update their security and make it better, they just fix shit (if they bother) when it happens and leave it at that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast