Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

About recent hackings.... how do you think its happening?

This is a discussion on About recent hackings.... how do you think its happening? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; [QUOTE=logosapien;3058316]question do you think if people agree to not log in at all for a weekend, would that make Mgame ...
Page: 5

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Regular Member

[QUOTE=logosapien;3058316]question do you think if people agree to not log in at all for a weekend, would that make Mgame take the hacking issue more serious?
    QUOTE]

Like thats gonna happen.. people are so addictive then some wont quit even after getting hacked

Well I've never been hacked once, I have never have changed my PW, and I'm not going to until I know that MGames site is secure. I haven't registered to their forum either, in fear that there is some sort of security issue there as well. Something is seriously wrong with them, because too many people are getting hacked with GG anti-viruses and clean computers. I even got bronze prem so if i get hacked I'm hoping they cant unseal my stuff(I hope.....). I've heard people get their stuff unsealed but do they have bronze prem? If no prem maybe there is a way around the unsealing, but with bronze it makes it so you cant unseal...would be a little harder to trick it into unsealing I would think, but who knows.

Appearently its Mgame itself whos doin all this. A friend of mine whos playin for years without a single hack had this nub account filled with gbs nd items cleared up yesterday. And ye he hasnt changed his pw for years as well. Its like when k2 cleaned gb when u had over some amount back then, remember.

:S you guys never took computing lessons updating your password regularly is what secures your account... regular changes per week make it harder for someone to get access to your account just when resetting it make sure you click on the link sent to you within 2-5 mins, dont forget you might be at the bottom of the database or at the top its up to the hacker to decide which piece of info he wants to take, 101 in security never keep the same password for two different things, using "123" does not make it secure "qwerty" is not a password nor is "letmein" or "alpha" use hard combinations such as "1du9108[fd" as your password and the same for the email you use for the account write down the password on paper or keep a backup of it somewhere you will learn the code over a few days but change it every week or so and never use a password you have used before..! hope this helps!

Also run a virus scan everyweek,

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WnxMiqdad View Post
    :S you guys never took computing lessons updating your password regularly is what secures your account... regular changes per week make it harder for someone to get access to your account just when resetting it make sure you click on the link sent to you within 2-5 mins, dont forget you might be at the bottom of the database or at the top its up to the hacker to decide which piece of info he wants to take, 101 in security never keep the same password for two different things, using "123" does not make it secure "qwerty" is not a password nor is "letmein" or "alpha" use hard combinations such as "1du9108[fd" as your password and the same for the email you use for the account write down the password on paper or keep a backup of it somewhere you will learn the code over a few days but change it every week or so and never use a password you have used before..! hope this helps!

Also run a virus scan everyweek,
    I really dont think that helps now a days.. they just take ur id pass from mgames data and login

Im not changing mine because I dont think their own website is secure when changing PW. If they have some sort of key logger/hack on that system, then all the old info from G1 should be ok, its when you change it on their(MGames) site they get the info. I don't know if that's the case, but as I see it, its not helping anyone changing their PW regularly....seems many are getting hacked, and its there system that is compromised.
    snipes12123 likes this.

There is plenty of ways of getting hacked , if you buy gold from websites then you have a chance of getting hacked..sharing....emails..there is just so much shit that can happen to you ..go to PS or risk ur gear either way knightonline has fucked everyone over atleast once lol

Lol guys dont you read anything,like i say in others topic,never click on any bug report or any error on game just ctrl+alt+delete and close the knight online proces ,change the password every week,they have some leaks 2mounth ago so anybody who dont change the pass for 2mounth got hacked like me ,lost12gb and 6 page of unique weapons 20 gb worth,so dotn click anything and change the pass every week.
    Hope that we never been hack again

If it costs 1200 That explains why only baba's get hacked i supose...
    Last edited by DirtyDutch; 08-21-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Wrong quote

Zwn

well, my turn to give pointers now, as my cwest warrior s just been hacked
    password had been changed on june 21 (thats after ntt took over so k2 is innocent for sure), my gear was still there last sunday
    that means hacking took place exactly 2 months after (which is when its considered expired by some companies, but might be a coincidence)
    i had changed all my accounts pw at same time except one (because i had mistyped the email adress in the transition from k2). that one has just around 40 gb but ill definitely pay to see whether it gets hacked or not (and be sure whether its changing pw thats unsafe, or keeping it too long)

so my tip is GET OUT OF THIS GAME WHEN ITS STILL TIME, ntt is a useless bunch of monkeys, k2 was failing as well but at least they had the intelligence of admitting when something went wrong (proven by the restorations after folk hacker spree, and the lots of unbanning)

tl dr, me mad but at least i wont go back to cwest

Little archer Senior Member

wow zawan that sucks, will u keep playing euko? i followed your advice btw

Banned Senior Member

It's kinda sad to say this but nttgame is definately worse than K2.

Zwn

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    wow zawan that sucks, will u keep playing euko? i followed your advice btw
    well if u had logged euko today, u might know i have 2 chars in jail (63 and 79) and not a beginning of a clue as to what caused it (cs is so useless that i cant even know if its a wall hack coords failure, a program it detects or whatever) so i m not doing the quest (200 mobs on both chars, 3 to 5 hours each i d guess) just to have a 3d strike on it coz they hate my antivirus updating or whatever (again , in k2 times i remember sometimes it woudnt let me log in, which was annoying but certainly better than letting me get in and ban/jail me)

however ria refuses to take my remaining money and call it quit, and he will try get me unjailed so i still might play there, but if he cant, ill just try get the 3d char jailed and account banned to be sure i dont come back (last char is lvl 1 chicken though but i remember a hill in moradon u can climb so i might be able to jail it without lvling to 35)

and good for u that u quit on time on both servers, playing now is just waiting to be hacked or banned (and half the servers are dead anyway from what i hear), real sad ending to what i still consider a great game !

Atleast nowadays seal / unseal doesnt work. So im save for a while.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

looks like they disabled it, until they fix their security ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast