Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Anyone play WoW?

This is a discussion on Anyone play WoW? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; All those that say there are no skills on WoW either have, or have fought players with, no skills at ...
Page: 4

Aqu

All those that say there are no skills on WoW either have, or have fought players with, no skills at all.

I play a holy priest, geared for PvE, so fully baba'd out in epics. In PvP I get owned by warlocks, rogues and shamans especially.

But pit me against a warrior and despite being a gimped fighter I will destroy him. Every class has other classes that they are bad against.

But frankly in KO you can explore every centimetre of every map in like 30 minutes. I've been playing WoW for 5 or 6 months and I still have areas that are unexplored. Warcraft is just so much more indepth than Knight Online ever tried to be.

You argue that WoW is all about items. I argue the same about KO.
    Faaliyet_Volcom is one name that springs to mind. I'm sure he was a shitty player, but he would absolutely destroy me, simply because his gear was better.

So yes, I sometimes miss KO, but only for the people that are involved. WoW is better for everything else. A boss in Knight Online needs what, 1 warrior and 2 healers? Isiloon is an unobtainable boss for most clans, probably due to unorganisation. This is a video of my guild killing the last boss in Ahn'Qiraj 20, a high end boss from WoW, I cant see anything like that happening in KO. Kiting a boss between crystals every 45 seconds whilst at the same time having to heal tanks and deal damage.

So yes, WoW is, in my opinion, far better than KO will ever be. Sorry.
    So I play my priest in a raid guild on Khadgar, and for casual fun and banter I've made a char on another WoW server with some of the AHM lads.

Saying one game is better than the other one is an opinionated thing of course, however most that reply that "KO>>>>>WoW" havent even played WoW.

I have, and I choose warcraft every time

Affenotto

I just joined WoW and here is my take on it after playing only round 24hours

-Everyone Speaks English
    -Ppl much nicer many ppl are willing to help you
    -I actually sought out and talked to a gm in under 5mins
    -So much more depth in the game
    -Running Sucks!!!!
    -Need more RAM to play nd i already dropped $220 to upgrade my computer so kinda sucks u need all this to be able to play well
    -Havnt seen one archer with 3-5 arrows coming out of his bow
    -Amazing designs on bosses they arent just larger versions of other mobs
    -Detail is just godly so big yet so much detail like differnent music for so many different areas

*Edit* My realm just went down nd within 5mins there was a notice that there was a problem and estimated time for the server to be back up and they were acctually ahead of that time

Zeyk

Originally posted by Anzac
    wow pwns ko

if you only needed one reason - gms accually help you, and you dont get automated answers...
    LOL. I played WoW for 2 years and I ONLY got Automated GM respronses. Otherwise, yeah I think WoW is a better game just because of graphics, sound, ease of leveling, a larger variety of gear. In KO, there's like what, 6 sets of items, only difference is like....+2,+3.....+10, ect. Where as in WoW, you can get literally thousands of items as you're leveling. Also, the map is 20X larger. The reason I still play KO is because you dont depend on 39 other people to show up and raid for 5 hours, for months on end to get gear. All you need is a warrior and 2 healers and you've got urself gear. Also, PvP or PK, is a lot more skill orientated in KO than WoW. WoW, it's just a huge zergfest where class balance is VERY poor. Warlock > Every other class (for those of u planning on switching to WoW)

Affenotto

Originally posted by Zeyk+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zeyk)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Anzac
    wow pwns ko

if you only needed one reason - gms accually help you, and you dont get automated answers...
    LOL. I played WoW for 2 years and I ONLY got Automated GM respronses.[/b]
    Thats because the smell the Ko Gm on you

Zeyk

Originally posted by Affenotto+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Affenotto)</div>
    Originally posted by Zeyk@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Anzac

wow pwns ko

LOL. I played WoW for 2 years and I ONLY got Automated GM respronses.
    Thats because the smell the Ko Gm on you[/b]
    Lol

DontBanMe

Silver Hand has a good deal of KO players i found out.

bull

stormscale - 60 human warlock 8/8 T1 6/8 T2

Affenotto

Blackwing Lair 10 Warlock Woot ^^

Well said Aqu, I completely agree. I just thought I'd add to the item/skill argument people keep bringing up. Like you said, everything and everyone has their weakness in WoW, and sometimes skill is the only thing in the end that will save you. In KO the same thing applies, you have skilless guys with amazing items and people like Chusco with +7 dagger who I've SEEN redball faaliyet_volcom and he ran away. The problem is in KO it appears to all stem down to who combos better, and who can heal better, which lacks depth imo contrary to what others say. This is in 1on1 of course. In team play it comes down to which group is more responsive and can do the above mentioned better.

WoW is definitely item dependent (aren't ALL games of this nature?), but at least everyone is level 60 so no one can bitch about people having 10% DR like in KO at 65, more base stats, or whatever else people feel they have the need to bitch about because they can't win. The thing is there IS really no difference between the two games in terms of what puts people at the top; the only difference is game mechanics and skills--the way it all interacts. I've killed much higher levelled and geared people than me in KO, and I've done the same in WoW, except we were the same level but he had a full class of gear better than me for WoW. Why is it that people like Zero can run into a group of orcs and cure, heal and switch armor defenses at the same time, and come out alive while half or more of them are left dead? Or why Z4 and two others can kill 15+ humans? It comes down to skill, and if you really think WoW doesn't require skill--THINK AGAIN. I've seen some people do the most impossible shit ever against all odds in WoW, and I've seen it done in KO. Don't believe me? Explore the thousands of gigabytes of videos across the world, across every server, then try to immitate what they do and see if you can do it. If not, why not? Could it be because it actually does require skill after all and not just anybody could simulate that ownage in a heartbeat? It's almost impossible to compare the "skills required" to win from game to game, similar to counting apples and oranges, because the mechanics are too different. One thing is for sure: both require a HIGH amount of skill to win within the context of the game's mechanics that they exist in.

Both games are too similar in some ways, and very different in others. Both have their annoying perks that make you want to splatter LCD liquid all over your room by bashing your monitor. WoW is much bigger and 100x times more complex, does this mean it's a lot better? Not necessarily. KO is heavy on PvP while WoW tends to find a strikingly satisfying balance between PvE and PvP. That doesn't mean it's the best MMO in the world, it just means you have more variety. I personally love the overall balance in WoW as a whole because it masterfully combines crucial elements of KO and other games into one.

This may be a long read but I get tired of seeing people bash either game when 90% of the time people aren't really informed enough to form such a harsh opinion, so now you get to be tired of a guy writing a book. I'm not saying this applies to everyone, just saying that people need to play the game, and not play it on the basis of spite just to reassure themselves that the bad shit they hear and gets drilled into their minds is true, with hopes of justifying the ridiculous amount of hours spent on KO. Play it for fun and play it genuinely, as goes for all games. Recall the beginning days of KO, it wasn't always this fun and addictive. Most people I know ridiculed the game for different reasons and in the end we all becames slaves to it because it has it's unique aspects and we learned the beauty of the game by taking it seriously.

WoW has many of these beautiful aspects, just gotta give it a genuine chance free of bullshit sterotypes. In the end if your whole basis for not playing the game is it "lacks skill", then you haven't seen a thing and probably shouldn't play it to save yourself embarassment.

Aqu, it's always fun to see some noob aggro a whole pull in [insert raid here] only to be endlessly bitched at in ventrillo/guild chat :P

My 2 cents.

Heim4teil

Originally posted by Zeyk+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zeyk)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Anzac
    wow pwns ko

LOL. I played WoW for 2 years and I ONLY got Automated GM respronses. Otherwise, yeah I think WoW is a better game just because of graphics, sound, ease of leveling, a larger variety of gear. In KO, there's like what, 6 sets of items, only difference is like....+2,+3.....+10, ect. Where as in WoW, you can get literally thousands of items as you're leveling. Also, the map is 20X larger. The reason I still play KO is because you dont depend on 39 other people to show up and raid for 5 hours, for months on end to get gear. All you need is a warrior and 2 healers and you've got urself gear. Also, PvP or PK, is a lot more skill orientated in KO than WoW. WoW, it's just a huge zergfest where class balance is VERY poor. Warlock > Every other class (for those of u planning on switching to WoW)[/b]
    Bla bla bla My class is better then all other....if i see a warlock in my lvl i own him all the time...iam hunter...i do more dmg have more ac and lol more hp

Aqu

If your hunter has more hp than a warlock then either you are wearing like full rank 13 gear, and hes wearing blues, or you are several levels higher than him.

That or you're lying.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Even I am trying WOW with Doc. When I was down loading the trial vertion I look at the Q & A and it was so indepth told me how to config my router and firewall for WOW. The web site loads and has usfull info on it. Just seems to be a game run by a professional company.

Heim4teil

Originally posted by Aqu
    If your hunter has more hp than a warlock then either you are wearing like full rank 13 gear, and hes wearing blues, or you are several levels higher than him.

That or you're lying.
    yes maybe he have more hp i dont care...what i want to say i hate it when ppl say warlock>all /hunter> all /Paladin>all

all classes are good...and me as a hunter, i dont have much problems with killing warlocks i havee more problems with killing shamane

NightOwl

A nicely geared warlock with a well defined PvP strategy is near immortal and that's final... they basically have endless mana and life with the freaking pets.

Looks like a wow section may be soon required :mellow:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast