Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Back!...Again :) Questions ???

This is a discussion on Back!...Again :) Questions ??? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by itzbryan I was mainly playing support. But did make plays on debuffs as a proper sin should. ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    I was mainly playing support. But did make plays on debuffs as a proper sin should. And nobody 1 hit me.

Furthermore, guys with +2's and +3's / +8s and +9s in my clan completely destroy kids. We aren't talking about that. We are saying "average." You can be "average" (60th-70th percentile in effectiveness, lets say) as a sin for example with Krowaz 7, all olds, +7 moonlight, +8 shard. If you disagree you probably just aren't skilled to begin with - sorry for the truth. (speaking for Europa players specifically with regard to average gear)
    Then the dudes with the +2 and +3s gotta be awfull, i wouldn't let any ''average'' player alive

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    It's fun you clearly describe what i said.
    I guess you forgot what you said already then. o.O

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sm0keS View Post
    Id say the average for Europa is +7 Krowaz and Olds or +0s
    What's "average" to you? the fact that someone can survive while naked and protected by a full party doesn't mean that no armors is the average meta gear.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    What's "average" to you? the fact that someone can survive while naked and protected by a full party doesn't mean that no armors is the average meta gear.
    Finally someone gets it.

I'm a reasonably well geared sin on europa and my take on this is that, you could still have fun playing with olds and +7/8's, for example i have died to people with those items before, if their are 5 people with not so great items they will still put a beating on a fully duffed rogue. But you are not going to be a god and doing 2 v 8's with those kind of items sadly. Honestly for me it does not matter the items of a player when i'm attacking them, any rogue on the server is a 1-hit when fully duffed, it doesn't matter if they have +7 and old's or +8 krowaz, full +3's and +9 weapons and the same goes for other well geared sins.

Bottom line is you can still play the game and have fun with +7/8's and olds but don't expect to do anything too special.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Average means that you are neither detrimental nor a key component in party PK. Detrimental meaning you are dying every time you leave the base and a key component meaning the party loses if you're not there. It means you do damage, take damage, and marginally add to the outcome of your party.

My example with noob gear was simply to illustrate the idea that without all this GG gear that people perceive to be the norm, I was still able to keep my priest cured and minored, do 1.2k spike on a debuffed priest, and survive. It illustrated the notion that with average gear (better than what my sin has), you can play just fine.

Average means that you are neither detrimental nor a key component in party PK. Detrimental meaning you are dying every time you leave the base and a key component meaning the party loses if you're not there. It means you do damage, take damage, and marginally add to the outcome of your party.

My example with noob gear was simply to illustrate the idea that without all this GG gear that people perceive to be the norm, I was still able to keep my priest cured and minored, do 1.2k spike on a debuffed priest, and survive. It illustrated the notion that with average gear (better than what my sin has), you can play just fine.
    Do you really consider 1.2K dmg on a duffed priest usefull? I understand the fact that you play the supportive role as sin which is always good to do as sin, but 1.2k damage to a duffed priest is dramaticly low...

Do you really consider 1.2K dmg on a duffed priest usefull? I understand the fact that you play the supportive role as sin which is always good to do as sin, but 1.2k damage to a duffed priest is dramaticly low...
    Its far from dramatically low on this server.

Little archer Senior Member

Actually average gear means what most people, including your everyday turk, has. I really doubt that most CZ pkers are running with +7s and olds.

Quote Originally Posted by LewsephStalin View Post
    for example i have died to people with those items before, if their are 5 people with not so great items they will still put a beating on a fully duffed rogue.
    Exactly lol. I don't think that even with +3s and +9s someone could survive 5 80 sins on +7s let alone a full party. Nobody is claiming that +9/+3 will let you pull off unbelievable feats, it's more like +7s will not let you do anything on your own.

Most of the people supporting this idea play in parties, so of course you're still gonna get kills and survive if you're the 1 shitty geared player out of 8 with +8s and higher (getting carried basically).

Anyway I'm done now. It is playable with +7s without a doubt, it's not like you'll get 1 hit without duffs, but it's by no means optimal and you're dead weight on your own. Back in 2008 with above average gear I had issues hitting for higher than 600 with 70 arrows in carnac-west, and to think that in 2014 someone in +7s and olds can still hold his own makes me chuckle honestly.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Not sure if you actually read what I said or read what you want to see, but I said my gear is far BELOW average (quest armor, shard 7, pd 7) and still didn't die as you claimed -- I never said it was effective. Which proves that WITH AVERAGE GEAR you CAN BE EFFECTIVE.

Not sure if you actually read what I said or read what you want to see, but I said my gear is far BELOW average (quest armor, shard 7, pd 7) and still didn't die as you claimed -- I never said it was effective. Which proves that WITH AVERAGE GEAR you CAN BE EFFECTIVE.
    I'm not sure if mentally ill, or just stupid.

iTzBryan Senior Member

I'm not sure if mentally ill, or just stupid.
    #Cwest4life bro.

so who have the bigger epeen?
    Bryan or Screamer?

iTzBryan Senior Member

Actually average gear means what most people, including your everyday turk, has.
    And don't you see how that makes you neither stand out nor get face rolled? You literally just said the exact same thing I said with a different explanation. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by excel128 View Post
    so who have the bigger epeen?
    Bryan or Screamer?
    All I know is Screamer is butthurt because clearly he has spent too much on KO to ever even think that maybe he didn't need all of those items, just some skill :O

EDIT: What am I saying... All Cwest players are #1 in the game.

And don't you see how that makes you neither stand out nor get face rolled? You literally just said the exact same thing I said with a different explanation. Wow.

All I know is Screamer is butthurt because clearly he has spent too much on KO to ever even think that maybe he didn't need all of those items, just some skill :O

EDIT: What am I saying... All Cwest players are #1 in the game.
    Sad i barely played C-west... And spent to much? Not really.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast