Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Balance Question.

This is a discussion on Balance Question. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Kallop Only noobs use DD helms in vs. At least that's the gentlemen's code from the olden ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Only noobs use DD helms in vs. At least that's the gentlemen's code from the olden days.
    This ^. However, I'm sure the gentlemen's code from the olden days was using dual minor on your skill bar and none of this macro/pedal bullshit. Remember when people shunned those who had to resort to pedal? Those days are long gone I'm afraid.

I still find it surprising why people pride 1v1's so much as sins when so many need assistance with minoring and potting. I would rather versus a DD rogue/warrior any day over pedal/macro, at least in those days, you could still wreck the noob wearing the DD. Wouldn't you agree?

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    Use whatever advantage you have in yer arsenel that's not illegal. If it's legal it's regal.

and this right here is why different class versus are pathetic and a waste of time. Because people think it's "fair" to use anything, making an already pointless 1v1 even more pointless if you're going to duff or illusion etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Except for the fact that there are some inherently broken things in most video games, so in general there is an "honor-code" per say established by the community that actively pvps, such as don't interrupt a VS in CZ, no DD helms in VS, no illusion, that kind of thing.

if you don't agree with the honor code, then you usually aren't good enough for it to matter (like you using DD on apex and still dying to sins in vs) to you anyway.
    I must have missed the meeting. Guess my e-penis is too small to be invited. You must be this big to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
    This ^. However, I'm sure the gentlemen's code from the olden days was using dual minor on your skill bar and none of this macro/pedal bullshit. Remember when people shunned those who had to resort to pedal? Those days are long gone I'm afraid.

I still find it surprising why people pride 1v1's so much as sins when so many need assistance with minoring and potting. I would rather versus a DD rogue/warrior any day over pedal/macro, at least in those days, you could still wreck the noob wearing the DD. Wouldn't you agree?
    Well nowadays minor heal cooldown gives macroers a huge advantage, while back in the day it was only a very slight advantage. Also due to the changes they made to assassins, they caused the game to be more unbalanced thanks to adding more RNG. If I were you, I wouldn't even bother trying 1v1 in any server after 18xx.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    I think a server with old DD helmet before jamadar will make warrior more powerful compared with rogue. A warrior with iron set , 25 dd helm and a 2h weapon is gonna have an advantage over a rogue with iron set, even if he uses +15/+20 spear/club armor cuz daggers are dual.
    That's not true, I've tested this on several old private myko servers aswell as on sexyko 15xx. If a warrior used 45 DD (iron set and dd helm) and assasssin properly adjusted weapon defense armors against his weapons, assassin was able to defeat him because his damage was rather low and was able to almost outminor the warrior's damage. However if warrior played it smart he'd be changing types of weapon between VS e. g. axe to sword, sword to spear, spear to club. and keep changing the weapons every 2 skills while comboing. That infact makes it impossible for assassin to win. But if the warrior is stuck with 1 type of weapon, while assasin gears up defense parts against that weapon, assassin is going to win the fight. I've even managed to re-switch weapon defense parts when warrior for example switched weapon during vs only once and was still able to defeat it. But it makes it harder for assassins to switch anti defense armors while doing minor combo unless you have a macro mouse. So in that case nowadays that most sins are using macro mouses I think it would be quite possible for assassin to change weapon defense armors approriate to its enemies weapon fast enough while the mouse would do minor for him, where he can simply click the armor parts and combo with 1 hand and the healing part is covered solely with 1 finger on extra mouse button.

It is however still quite a challenge even for experienced assassin if warrior does that trick. The amount of effort that assassin has to put in is enourmous to amount of effort game play wise difficulty, to what warrior has to put in. Warrior would simply be right clicking the weapon while he'd be comboing with 1 hand and with 1 skill. While assassin has to observe his mana usage: even if he has pedal or macro mouse he has to take care his mana is spent optimaly, he has to do flawless combo with 1 hand including all skills + changing skill bars. On top of that assasssin would have to pay attention to type of weapons warrior is changing in the VS and appropriately change the anti defense armors with the type warrior is using.

So ye pedal or no pedal, it's still so much easier for warrior to outplay assassin with neat tricks that warrior can use.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    That's not true, I've tested this on several old private myko servers aswell as on sexyko 15xx. If a warrior used 45 DD (iron set and dd helm) and assasssin properly adjusted weapon defense armors against his weapons, assassin was able to defeat him because his damage was rather low and was able to almost outminor the warrior's damage. However if warrior played it smart he'd be changing types of weapon between VS e. g. axe to sword, sword to spear, spear to club. and keep changing the weapons every 2 skills while comboing. That infact makes it impossible for assassin to win. But if the warrior is stuck with 1 type of weapon, while assasin gears up defense parts against that weapon, assassin is going to win the fight. I've even managed to re-switch weapon defense parts when warrior for example switched weapon during vs only once and was still able to defeat it. But it makes it harder for assassins to switch anti defense armors while doing minor combo unless you have a macro mouse. So in that case nowadays that most sins are using macro mouses I think it would be quite possible for assassin to change weapon defense armors approriate to its enemies weapon fast enough while the mouse would do minor for him, where he can simply click the armor parts and combo with 1 hand and the healing part is covered solely with 1 finger on extra mouse button.

It is however still quite a challenge even for experienced assassin if warrior does that trick. The amount of effort that assassin has to put in is enourmous to amount of effort game play wise difficulty, to what warrior has to put in. Warrior would simply be right clicking the weapon while he'd be comboing with 1 hand and with 1 skill. While assassin has to observe his mana usage: even if he has pedal or macro mouse he has to take care his mana is spent optimaly, he has to do flawless combo with 1 hand including all skills + changing skill bars. On top of that assasssin would have to pay attention to type of weapons warrior is changing in the VS and appropriately change the anti defense armors with the type warrior is using.

So ye pedal or no pedal, it's still so much easier for warrior to outplay assassin with neat tricks that warrior can use.

I doubt most warriors will carry 2 different weapons that are GG dmg let alone 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sunstersun View Post
    I doubt most warriors will carry 2 different weapons that are GG dmg let alone 3.
    Actually not often true. Getting 2 decent weapons with similar damage range is pretty common. Like Hell Breaker for damage and Raptor for range.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Actually not often true. Getting 2 decent weapons with similar damage range is pretty common. Like Hell Breaker for damage and Raptor for range.
    Raptor for range and HB to look like BP
    SacruM likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12