Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Big Question About KO

This is a discussion on Big Question About KO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by JayClaiba Where'd u get those AP formulae I got the lv60+ ap formula from a website nearly ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    Where'd u get those AP formulae
    I got the lv60+ ap formula from a website nearly a decade ago and i modified the calculation myself for the dcz formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalkon View Post
    I got the lv60+ ap formula from a website nearly a decade ago and i modified the calculation myself for the dcz formula.
    Kalais' Library most likely or the old forums that were used before KO4Life with a bunch of different statistics.. Can't seem to remember the name though.

So it seems that to be able to trade in this game I need to verify SMS which requires buying $7 usd in NPoints for the 5pts needed... I was hoping to come back to a f2p game and try out the game for a couple weeks first before spending anything.

(I have a Lv77/59 on Diez without any gear, cannot even get myself Chitin+7 and stuff as f2p)

Quick Question

I have to register sms in order to trade and check merchants... but it says this... Am I gonna be charged the value of 5NPoints (few cents on phone bill?) or do I need to have 5NPoints?

You need 5 npoints

wow, Pariah, ... there's a blast from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsene View Post
    wow, Pariah, ... there's a blast from the past...
    know if any of them still roam the forums? :P

(I forgot most of their g4l/k4l forum names)

know if any of them still roam the forums? :P

(I forgot most of their g4l/k4l forum names)
    not really, I was just bored at work and decided to come here to take a walk down memory lane...

you guys totally forgot the biggest change: everyone is running around with fucking WINGS on their back

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StonedFreerider View Post
    you guys totally forgot the biggest change: everyone is running around with fucking WINGS on their back
    You're right, I hate it wish you could turn it off like cospre.

Little archer Senior Member

Game changes
    -Massive power creep. FT / Bifrost and Juraid weapons are no longer viable, and the average 'good' weapon has over 100 AP at +7 (dagger)
    -UI changes, takes some time to get used to but they're useful.
    -New events like Under the Castle and revamped FT.
    -Best premium still costs over 30$, and if you want to remain 'competitive' (using all the top tier PUS buffs and monthly items) then get ready to spend even more.
    -Ibex and Crysis potions (1080 hp and 2880 mp regen) are really widespread now.
    -New class called Porotu / Kurian. It's a really awful looking retarded midget treant with some useful zero counterplay abilities (Pull, instant ranged stun, etc) Plays like a mix of warrior and priest and is mostly a wasted opportunity to implement an actual new class.
    -Skill requirement is lower across the board. It's easier to patch the holes in your gameplay by recurring to cheap tricks that make you seem good. You can still play well but it takes considerably less effort from others to match your prowess.
    -Macros and pedals galore.
    -The power creep in damage and weapons have subsequently caused a spike in the overall damage given and dealt. Couple it with the new class' "Divide Armor" ability (malice on steroids, stacks with malice and torment) and you'll be dealing 6k+ damage critical point spikes with a sin on fully geared priests.
    -Wings. I like the chaos event wings to be honest, but the ladder and PUS ones are an abomination that should be killed with fire.
    -In case you haven't played for that long, Chaos (deathmatch with custom, uniform-across-all-players abilities) dungeon is a new event, and Krowaz Dominion is a new zone where you can farm stuff for Krowaz armors (superior to shells and dragon flight in every way), but there's a better way of acquiring these armors without having to farm at all, stated below.

System and development changes (or lack thereof)
    -More GM presence.
    -New OTP system (mobile authenticating disposable passwords) apparently makes it impossible to get hacked, it also costs money to setup and is 100% required to use the /merchant command and to play at all. This has stopped gold farmers quite a bit.
    -Seasonal events with one-time rare prices mostly in the form of weapons. These weapons have unoriginal stats and effects for the most part, they just look different.
    -95% notices are in turkish now. Who can blame them really?
    -Large amounts of stuff still not working as intended (skills, quests, effects) but people have long given up on those.
    -Premium still required to log into highly populated servers. IE: Only the latest one because every other server is kinda dead.
    -New "queue" system to eventually log into highly populated servers as a non premium user... except it generates a random number high enough so that you cannot possibly reach 0 and access your character screen before the game automatically disconnects you (KO always had the auto-dc if you spend too much time on server select / char screen).
    -Botting is still pretty much possible, and so is hacking, but that's fine because more gm's I think. Why bother fixing the faulty code?
    -PUS has become filled with literally pay2win gamble items that can potentially award you with the best weapons and armors in the game from day 1 (470 Dragon Box [100,000 NTT Points])
    -Because of the above, farming is now neglected entirely. You're as good as your wallet is, and while that was possible back then as well, it is now truer than ever before.

There, hopefully someone actually wondering about this info finds this recap useful. I'd advise with all my might against starting in USKO again. I gave it a try in Midgard (newest server name) and boy was it fucking terrible.

Private servers are the way to go IMO.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

nice post razor, should be made into a stickied thread

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    There, hopefully someone actually wondering about this info finds this recap useful. I'd advise with all my might against starting in USKO again. I gave it a try in Midgard (newest server name) and boy was it fucking terrible.

Private servers are the way to go IMO.
    Thanks for the big helpful post razor, you've confirmed some of my worries about usko.

Anyone recommend some private servers that are popular on ko4life with lots of english speakers? I have seen dozens of different private server names around but I don't know which ones are best at this current time. :P

Stuff
    - Healthy server population
    - Fair amount of english speaking players.
    - Players have to work on their chars/items (nobody starts with endgame gear/char, have to work for it.. but becoming pvp viable is easier)

Thanks for the big helpful post razor, you've confirmed some of my worries about usko.

Anyone recommend some private servers that are popular on ko4life with lots of english speakers? I have seen dozens of different private server names around but I don't know which ones are best at this current time. :P

Stuff
    - Healthy server population
    - Fair amount of english speaking players.
    - Players have to work on their chars/items (nobody starts with endgame gear/char, have to work for it.. but becoming pvp viable is easier)
    I'd suggest ApexKO as it fits your description and I've had a great experience with it, they are relaunching soon and you can get a fresh start like everyone else. Everyone will tell you to play a different private server so your best bet is to go to the private server section and see for yourself. Usually you can tell from the comments whether or not it is a server worth playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12