Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Counter-Strike -pls leave this general

This is a discussion on Counter-Strike -pls leave this general within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; CS sux. ET 4eva'...
Page: 5

rage5

CS sux. ET 4eva'

Originally posted by Munch+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Munch)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-h3h3h3
    counterstrike stopped being good when 1.4 came out, which was before most of you played i guess. and the standard in cal-i isn't so high... its about the equivalent to tier2 leagues in any european country. There were only ever 2 or 3 american clans who could compete with top european clans. *

oh and quake3 OSP > cs 1.6
    isnooker > ko
    thats why for the better part of 4 months #1 and #5 in the world were held by u.s. teams? You are right about the cal I teams being not so great lately. But that is because most teams are moving from cal to CEVO where you can make money. Most cevo p teams could take most teams from any euro country
    IMO cs was at its best in 1.5... yes ive played beta, beta 2, 1.3 onward and I found 1.5 to be the most enjoyable.
    I've been cal main 3 times...never been committed enough to make it to p/i.
    To stay on topic..ya a server would be fun.[/b]
    4 months out of how many years? The most stupid factor is that ALL the big tournaments were in the USA, where very few euro teams could attend. If the CPL was held in europe then the usa would be lucky to make quarter finals. I know because ive played lots of german teams (before mousesports formed) and the standard among the top 10 or so was very close even though only mTw ever attended CPLs. People forget about how TAMM and exousia dominated europe for so long, but found it hard to go to CPL. TAMM for one were much better than mouz ever were.

And cs 1.4 was out for a couple of months. It was important because they put in the jump slowdown and made weapon switching slower, which basically made the gameplay much slower. Also accuracy whilst moving/jumping was made lower to help campers. Thats what killed cs for most players that played from the start.

Originally posted by anonym1ty
    private 1v1 cs. *did tank tell you how badly i owned him with the awp when he was hopping to the pit (camping obviously) in de_dust2?
    please brian im not sure you understand i've stopped playing cs_assault and i am now pro de_dust2 lolo JK but i got ppl that could serve u str up propper but soon as i get my new mouse in mail im start back to cs i just broke my mx518 this weekend and i have a g7 at my moms but i want to leave it there so i ordered another 518

Banned

Originally posted by h3h3h3+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h3h3h3)</div>
    Originally posted by Munch@
    <!--QuoteBegin-h3h3h3

counterstrike stopped being good when 1.4 came out, which was before most of you played i guess. and the standard in cal-i isn't so high... its about the equivalent to tier2 leagues in any european country. There were only ever 2 or 3 american clans who could compete with top european clans. *

isnooker > ko

thats why for the better part of 4 months #1 and #5 in the world were held by u.s. teams? You are right about the cal I teams being not so great lately. But that is because most teams are moving from cal to CEVO where you can make money. Most cevo p teams could take most teams from any euro country
    IMO cs was at its best in 1.5... yes ive played beta, beta 2, 1.3 onward and I found 1.5 to be the most enjoyable.
    To stay on topic..ya a server would be fun.
    4 months out of how many years? The most stupid factor is that ALL the big tournaments were in the USA, where very few euro teams could attend. If the CPL was held in europe then the usa would be lucky to make quarter finals. I know because ive played lots of german teams (before mousesports formed) and the standard among the top 10 or so was very close even though only mTw ever attended CPLs. People forget about how TAMM and exousia dominated europe for so long, but found it hard to go to CPL. TAMM for one were much better than mouz ever were.

And cs 1.4 was out for a couple of months. It was important because they put in the jump slowdown and made weapon switching slower, which basically made the gameplay much slower. Also accuracy whilst moving/jumping was made lower to help campers. Thats what killed cs for most players that played from the start.[/b]
    so fucking true, so many faggots spray the fuck out of everything now and cs has no skill requirements what so ever, its all basically about luck. anyone can awp now, anyone can use the colt, anyone can use the deagle/usp....back in the old days the game actually required skill. i remember in scrims never seeing people spray the fuck out of doors like they do now.

WARP

eswc has been all years in france..and..u forgot wcg too.

KO4fun

I think this topic is live enough to move now

KilledForMe

i play cs maybe 5 years old and cs:s 4 months

Originally posted by undefined+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(undefined)</div>
    Originally posted by h3h3h3+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h3h3h3)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Munch
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-h3h3h3

isnooker > ko

To stay on topic..ya a server would be fun.

And cs 1.4 was out for a couple of months. It was important because they put in the jump slowdown and made weapon switching slower, which basically made the gameplay much slower. Also accuracy whilst moving/jumping was made lower to help campers. Thats what killed cs for most players that played from the start.[/b]
    so fucking true, so many faggots spray the fuck out of everything now and cs has no skill requirements what so ever, its all basically about luck. anyone can awp now, anyone can use the colt, anyone can use the deagle/usp....back in the old days the game actually required skill. i remember in scrims never seeing people spray the fuck out of doors like they do now.[/b][/quote]

to hehehehe
    erhm.. SoA was at cpl's in 2001~~ they always got 3-8place
    TAMM and exousia, never heard of them.. is that some of ur hometeams? cus they never been in top

not requiring skill?!?!?!
    try fucking play it competive and see howmuch it require skills..
    and not only skills u need hard tacs and know when to buy and shit..

not requiring skills pff u sound like u never been playing competive

TAMM (german) and exousia (finland) were around before the first big CPL final happened (NiP vs X3) which is probably why u didnt hear about them. only guys who played the betas and definately before 1.3 will remember them and how they won shitloads. and SoA.dk were not that great, the swedish team were far better.

and its true that 1.6 cs requires less skill. Obviously you dont know much about earlier cs but the gameplay was faster, the awp was more dangerous and recoil was less. This means that you have to think faster, aim was more about skill than luck and you were able to fight up close with the awp if you had the skill. I think there havent been any "superplayers" since 1.4 came out.

But to be honest cs even in its prime 4 or 5 years ago, was never anywhere near as good to watch or skillful as quake3. I think that cs just struck the right balance in being easy to pick up and difficult to master.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345