Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Darkfall

This is a discussion on Darkfall within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Today our clan was in a huge battle with over 40 people, we entered the fight with a party of ...
Page: 10

Today our clan was in a huge battle with over 40 people, we entered the fight with a party of 9 and we've been raiding/farming all night together so we were packed and well equipped, there was no bank anywhere nearby so we had all our stuff of the entire night with us, the fight lasted over half an hour, very intense, in the end almost everyone was dead/running and the only survivors on the actual field of battle were a clannie and myself.
    We looted mounts(very rare right atm), rare weapons and armors, shitloads of resources and a lot of other stuff, on the way to a vault to store everything we got attacked by a clan and I died, clannie got away so it was still worth it.

We started farming for cityconstruction today(yes we have 1 and the city we have has room for a wonder, there's 9 cities total that can build that, a wonder gives extra global stats to all guildies), been raiding to make sure items are always available for clannies(clanbank is a shared vault, i put an item in it and a clannie can take it). Today was a very fun a good day.

The PK in this game beats KO's pvp anyday btw. You do everything yourself, it's very exhausting if you pvp for hours.[/b]
    Thats very good to hear.

Obli stop it!

j/k

You are drawing me in very hard. :lol:

Keep your experience comming with your posts please.

Tristan

Damn, the way obli is talking about the game makes me wanna playyyyy so bad!! Anyone know when preorders will be up again?

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

40 ppl? Uv ever seen sieges in l2? Imagine 500+ ppl per 1 castle, iv seen movies where there are 1200 or so in aden siege and heard stories of 2000 per castle. God, my clan alone used to have 120 up n rdy for epic boss spawn camp.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

TBH the game sounds like a complete copy of ultima online...........but thats just me h34r:

Tristan

TBH the game sounds like a complete copy of ultima online...........but thats just me h34r:[/b]
    It is, but with a few modifications, the devs said that themselves so they did it on purpose.

40 ppl? Uv ever seen sieges in l2? Imagine 500+ ppl per 1 castle, iv seen movies where there are 1200 or so in aden siege and heard stories of 2000 per castle. God, my clan alone used to have 120 up n rdy for epic boss spawn camp.[/b]
    40 People in clans that knew what they were doing + us + the randoms/other clans that jumped in. After 2 days of playing I find that a pretty big fight. I'm sure as soon cities are constructed, alliances formed and politics start beeing an important part of the game, the sieges and battles will be pretty sweet in both defense and offense. Most of the big fights are random encounters but since you hear fighting from far away, a small fight escalates really fast.
    I'm just posting how I experience the game right now, how big were the fights in l2 when the game just went live? I can't imagine fights with over 1K people right now but theoretically it's possible.

Also, the game is definitely not for everyone, gaining skills by using them is not something everyone appreciates, neither is the fact you can get pvpd almost anywhere and the biggest issue for some is the full loot.

neither is the fact you can get pvpd almost anywhere and the biggest issue for some is the full loot.[/b]
    Just gotta keep several sets of equipment in your bank, and never wear the most expensive stuff that you can possibly get.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

It is, but with a few modifications, the devs said that themselves so they did it on purpose.[/b]
    imo nothing will ever be as good as ultima online was no matter how much they try to copy it...the simplicity of ultima online while still remaining hard and challenging in pvp was what made it fun

Looks cool. If I ever build a new pc I'll try this out.

Obli post some news already! h34r:

Wink

Obli, guess i'll have to come by your house and copy the game.. download takes 4 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! fuK
    i'll let you know when i can come

I'll start this update by going deeper into stuff i mentioned, either on ko4life or msn. I'll end it with what we did last night and today because some people asked me to write how I experience the game like in one of my previous posts.

Clan vault/personal vault: When you press G(standard button) when standing next to the vault you can pick if you either go to your personal vault or the clanvault.
    Noone in our clan uses his own vault except for resources they personally need for crafting, some arrows and perhaps a few other stuff but we put 98% of the stuff in the clan vault. The vault is basically 1 big screen where you can put bags/items in, you can open those bags by doubleclicking on them. When you open the vault the main vault page is the only window that opens, by opening the bags aditional windows open up representing the bag you just opened, you can customize their location just like any other window in the UI. Also, if deemed neccesary you can put bags into other bags but that leads to a chaotic overview imo. You get bags of the beginnerquests/shops and you need a tailor to dye a bag.

The only things that are in the main vault page are bags and resources we use for city building + the money the clan has. We dye the bags in specific colours based on importance, we have 2 bags with the same colour: one for armors and another for weapons. for exemple: Green bags are for the lowest grade items, there's 1 green one for newbie weapons and another green one for newbie armors. Then there's yellow, orange etc..

Item 'grades': Every item has a grade on it. Newbie stuff is grade 0, then there's grade 10, ... Items are catagorized based on their grade.
    Let's say there's a grade 10 onehanded sword, if I decide to use it but my swordskill is not above 10 yet, then the item will be less effective and will lose durability much faster so it's sometimes better to use a grade 0 sword until my swordskill is higher than 10.

Trustability: I keep talking about a shared clan vault but it's important to keep in mind that:
    This clan's core players have been playing together since 'Asheron's Call' so that's why they/we use this system. I say them because I only joined them last week, I've been talking with em on the livestream during beta and I've been in their parties since day 1 and after 4 days they decided to give me a 1 month trial. They rarely recruit people so I consider myself lucky to have been given this chance. You need to be a certain rank in the clan before you can use the clanvault and they gave me access pretty fast.

Metalkon:
    We all have a high tier set but we use that when we're raiding together, none of us will use that set when it's 1-3 of us. As soon we actually go raiding we deck ourselfs out with the best stuff we got. There's no point in keeping good stuff at the vault if you don't use it. We have like 1 personal pk set we use when we go raid together and 1 low tier set for when we're alone.

Obli, guess i'll have to come by your house and copy the game.. download takes 4 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! fuK
    i'll let you know when i can come[/b]
    Kben bij WJ tot vrijdag morgen, bel op zijn gsm wnr ge wil komen. of ga bij hamza, zijn dl zou klaar moeten zijn.

Not too much happened the past 2 days.
    Yesterday night we've been exploring the entire night killing everyone we encountered. We had a 10man party fully decked and all on mounts, looked pretty nice
    Reason for this is because we're creating a map for the clan to use with icons showing rare resources, locked chests, cities, hamlets and mobspawns. I'm not gonna get further into this for now but it's an awesome tool because the ingame map is not zoomable.
    In the morning we started gathering resources, we have several metal(quite rare) nodes near our clancity which we need to armor/weaponcraft and the oh so hard to get arrows, I'm the clan's bowyer so with these metal ingots, I can make thousands of arrows a day. One less thing to worry about because they're a musthave during pvp.
    Anyhow, like I said we've been gathering mainly stone/wood and we got 3 buildings up, we started with a bank(which gave us some trouble because we got zerg raided by several guilds and the clan leader lost the required 2.5K to set the bank up, luckily we didn't lose the resources which I had on me o.o), later on we also got our workbench and first npc store up, our next building will be a forge and then we'll be set for everything else, because until now we had to go to an npc city to smelt the ore and saw the lumber which is quite risky because they can get killed on the way back which is(from the closest city) about a 20 minute walk.
    The only action there was yesterday was the uninvited guests that enter out city which is basically free loot, the occasional raid and some mobkilling around our city.

There's one more thing I want to add concerning city building, When you first claim a city, you first need a bank before you can build anything else, after you build that you unlock the first 'tier'; farms, quarry, woodworking bench, forge, general store, a keep and possibly some other buildings. I'm not a builder so I can't see the list but I think that's it for the first tier. The bank, bench and store cost 10 building modules each. 1 building module costs 250 gold, 50 raw stone and 25 lumber(5 raw wood can be sawed into 2 lumber which are basically planks, any kind of craft is never a 100% success rate. So 25 lumber is atleast 65 wood. The farms( you need farms to allow more guildies to bind to the spawnstone inside the city), quarry( contains nodes including very rare ones and we suspect these nodes deplete slower and regen faster than normal ones) and forge cost 15 modules each and the keep costs 50 modules.
    After our forge is up we're gonna go straight for the keep to unlock the next tier of buildings, we're hoping the next tier unlocks towers so we can place one near our bank. During raids a tower would give us a huge advantage.
    Oh, I just want you to realize that our city is enormous, it takes you several minutes to get from 1 side to the other side and that's when walking over the foundations, it's gonna look great later on.
    Building modules have an 80% succes rate so they fail quite a lot, the 3 buildings we created so far costed 7500 gold, 1500 raw stone and 1950 not including module faillures, resources used for crafting and the resources we lost during raids.
    Gathering 1 resource takes 10 seconds, and you fail about 30% of the time, that's about 4 resources/minute so you can imagine how long it takes to get plenty, it would take 1 person about 40-50 minutes(including stamina rest) for 1 module not including the gold cost, imagine you doing it alone and failing the module creation. /pissed
    So gathering really has to be a clan effort and we try do it with atleast 10 people at the same time.

that's it for now, bb

Thank you obli for further information comming from you. I tried to preorder the game yesterday... failed, tried it today again, failed too. But my friend gave me some tips how to get better chances to succeed. I hope I will see you ingame tomorrow. :P

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast