Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Date: 10.11.2006 Subject: KOL Service Level Agreement

This is a discussion on Date: 10.11.2006 Subject: KOL Service Level Agreement within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i think we need some jessica alba photos here :rollseyes:...
Page: 3

Azotame

i think we need some jessica alba photos here :rollseyes:

Originally posted by JulioBR
    am i the one here that believe they will make ko a better game?
    julio, how the hell can u still have faith in k2?
    h43r:

JulioBR

Originally posted by kohack+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kohack)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-JulioBR
    am i the one here that believe they will make ko a better game?
    julio, how the hell can u still have faith in k2?
    h43r:[/b]
    hmm, becouse all the issues that i had got solved, and it still makes me believe then :unsure:

kleber

If K2 dont do something about this bug abusers im out this focking game. WHY? just cuz it is a really UNFAIR game to fair players. Yesterday i gone to CZ and saw many guys lv70+ (in xigenon). I dont want waste my time with a game where bug abusers, cheaters, macroers, always WIN.

PS.: i think that i was the most LOW LEVEL in cz yesterday, im lv66.
    THIS GAME IS FOCKED!!!!!!!!!

K2 can fix all that shit and not precisely with rollback (only a few will whine a lil)

1. I'm 110% sure they couldnt log all server activities, thats why they dont know who abused quest bug
    2. They are thinking how to figure out who to ban, who to tollback (if actually they r doing sumthing)

If they just lvl all 60+ guys to 80 and 59- leave like that (95% of them r DCZ chars)
    With this solution Kunt is gonna belive he's legit now, Zike is gonna die (almost sure) and some other babas lvl 75-80 will feel happy coz they r not gonna get banned

That's a simple solution, then everything is gonna be about skills and items.

P.S. replies about "i got xp legit and im lvl 7X, i think its unfair to get all to lvl 80" are not necessary, so, dont reply if u only have that in mind please

Originally posted by kohack
    K2 can fix all that shit and not precisely with rollback (only a few will whine a lil)

1. I'm 110% sure they couldnt log all server activities, thats why they dont know who abused quest bug
    2. They are thinking how to figure out who to ban, who to tollback (if actually they r doing sumthing)

If they just lvl all 60+ guys to 80 and 59- leave like that (95% of them r DCZ chars)
    With this solution Kunt is gonna belive he's legit now, Zike is gonna die (almost sure) and some other babas lvl 75-80 will feel happy coz they r not gonna get banned

P.S. replies about "i got xp legit and im lvl 7X, i think its unfair to get all to lvl 80" are not necessary, so, dont reply if u only have that in mind please
    holy shit! that would be awesome! Everyone lvl 80 that is lvl 65+..
    But k2 wont do that, cause they'll lose money, cause people wont buy prem then to lvl their chars.. but loads of people will quit if they dont atleast rollback the people that abused the bug.. so it's their call...

make everyone 80 and dont get allot money off people, cause most will buy bronze then instead of gold.

Or

Don't do anything.... people will quit.. and they will lose a shitload of paying customers.

OLD1953

Originally posted by kohack

Sure you can log all server activities. I was logging every connection, every page and every site change on a 4500 user network, incoming and outgoing. And this was the main site for the USN Bureau of Naval Personnel. It was a tad busy, especially when promotions data was posted.

All they've got to do is actually turn on the logging, and establish a logging server (assuming they have the software to do the logging). If they haven't, the game is screwed forever, sans a two month rollback to the start of Drake, and dude, if they do that, I quit. Not to mention that opens them to lawsuits endlessly, because they just made two months premium vanish, plus all money spent for scrolls. NO judge is so retarded as to say "all users can spend your money with this company and get NOTHING, because they wrote a TOS that way". Two months gone is just too much, they'd not have an honest player left, and they've got to know it.

MOF, I'll swear to this in blood, if they did do a two month rollback on everyone, I'll start cheating every way I possibly can.

If you logged EVERYTHING ie NPC's it would be alot more than you was loggin. The average user count on ares when i was a gm was around 1500. 1500 ppl access there inn then use sundries etc its alot of shit

Naismith

MOF, I'll swear to this in blood, if they did do a two month rollback on everyone, I'll start cheating every way I possibly can.
    That would be almost impossible. Can you imagine the massive amount of complaints K2 would receive from players? Let alone all the refunds they would have to do for those 2 months. K2 would go bankrupt.. :unsure:
    Don't think anyone would want that.

OLD1953

Logging and tracking 1500 users is nothing. You just need the right software.

Let me put it this way, I was creating 3 to 4 gigs of firewall logs per day, about 300 megs of security logs per day (on the local servers, not the website servers), and probably 150 to 200 megs of application and server logs per day. And I've still got them going back several years, compressed and on tape.

K2 should be logging about that on each cluster of three, if they intend to have decent control over what's going on. And the latest version of crystal reports at the very least for running reports from the logs. Other things are better, but that's bare minimum. I suppose it should actually come to about a gig of application logs per server per day, plus probably three gigs of firewall logs total. That's not that much in a secure environment. It all has to be moved and compressed to a server that just does archiving, and then it is available when it is needed. And boyoboy, do they ever need it now!

1500 users per server then count how many npcs you have, teleporters, trade logs etc

OLD1953

Man, you do what you have to do.

If they don't want to spend the money, that's a budget/management issue, not a technical issue.

When you work for the military as a contractor, security is not regarded as optional. I've seen it done, so I'm saying it can be done. And it should be - in fact, it has to be done, if they aren't going to spend the money for GM's 24/7 - and we all know they don't want to do that.

I'm a software developer not a DBA but I'm related with all those issues, and believe me, only banks and government log EVERY thing done in their systems, why? because that's Real important information, activity logs from a game? rofl, they dont have the infrastructure for that (sure u can log everything and deleteing every 8 hours, so not useful really for tracking abusers)

And if we all get lvl 80, believe me, for premium they r gonna make sumthing like: NPS only for premium users, so they wont lose a penny , remember its k2!!

kleber

and sorry my words, but if it happen, just moron ppl will continue playing!! Cuz i want play a game that respect me!

well u'd be really surpised the infastructure that jagex has they can actually pull information from 6 years ago when there game was known as runescape classic

all trade logs saved all tp logs saved all conversation history saved

and when it comes to there pmods every single thing they do is saved and documented

thats jagex tho runescape can afford to be like a bank

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast