Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The End of the Nova Era?

This is a discussion on The End of the Nova Era? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Nova town mages suck anyways...2 hit for most warriors these days.....
Page: 2

Nova town mages suck anyways...2 hit for most warriors these days..

Banned

Interesting topic. Not only did they screw up the XP for mages, they took out the war maps that made us our bread and butter. Mobile towers with mages and archers pwn, but it gets kinda boring and repetitive on the new map.

I'd love to see the boat war map reinstated, cuz we can all agree that this new map sucks for us all.

I've considered going dreadshield build myself :S

oli

mages < all
    look at the new items for warrior/ rog/ priest

and look for stupid staff ....[/b]
    The problem is, that the new armors give a lot of resist:S

Because of this mages can&#39;t hit so high than before... But it&#39;s only in my option.

how does a catapult deal 1700 dmg?

i only did 500

A good pk party stands or fall with a good mage imo....

first mages insist on the minor cooldown, then they cry because they arent lvling 2x faster than everyone else, and arent getting the most amounts of NP. oh so sad? my condolences.

Arrow

first mages insist on the minor cooldown, then they cry because they arent lvling 2x faster than everyone else, and arent getting the most amounts of NP. oh so sad? my condolences.[/b]
    all is true, frist they say "fucking minor healing on rogues" now they have the minor a bit slow

next "we dont have any party for exp" now day any mage can lvl up without use any hp/mp pot just tping ppl to booro, or dark stones in cz (wow so hard how can u accept that? is a hard job all party members should pay you for that).

next, mages always do nova town... so wtf cry about the wars? in the new map catas only hit 800 with the "80% dmg shell" and u can always get a group of enemy nation to eat some novas and earn nps easy

so what is the point?

mages 1 hitted? are u paper with duffs? or noob with +1 linen? mages can take dmg with crystal set i know many mages with crystal +8 and take a lot of dmg so i dont get the point of the "end of the nova era"

Augustus

dk exp isn&#39;t so bad...

lil_mageskillz

Mages are Just as good as they where b4.

shampoo

first mages insist on the minor cooldown, then they cry because they arent lvling 2x faster than everyone else, and arent getting the most amounts of NP. oh so sad? my condolences.[/b]

This topic is not about minor cooldown, nor lvling, nor asking for condolences. You seem to have misinterpreted the direction this topic is aimed at. This topic is about what we (as mages) did in the past, what we do now, and what we can do in the future to adapt to the new changes in KO to maximize mage abilities. You appear to be one of the people felix is describing in his good bye topic; I have made a topic which I find interesting and would like others&#39; opinions on and you come into the topic with a comment that not only does not pertain to the content of this topic but in a manner that attempts to demean the topic. So next time you come into my topic attempting to be witty/funny or w/e the fuk you trying to do you should reread what it is you are stepping into and make sure your comment is in any way beneficial to the people reading this topic.

all is true, frist they say "fucking minor healing on rogues" now they have the minor a bit slow

next "we dont have any party for exp" now day any mage can lvl up without use any hp/mp pot just tping ppl to booro, or dark stones in cz (wow so hard how can u accept that? is a hard job all party members should pay you for that).

next, mages always do nova town... so wtf cry about the wars? in the new map catas only hit 800 with the "80% dmg shell" and u can always get a group of enemy nation to eat some novas and earn nps easy

so what is the point?

mages 1 hitted? are u paper with duffs? or noob with +1 linen? mages can take dmg with crystal set i know many mages with crystal +8 and take a lot of dmg so i dont get the point of the "end of the nova era"[/b]

Ok jose80389. Again; how does this topic relate to minor cooldown? In no xp prty that I have been in do the mages just sit and tp people; I use skills/pots just like everyone else. Next, "mages always go nova towns". Well as I said in topic starter I play CW so Nova Town isnt an option, but even if it was what does it matter when it constitutes only a small perfect of gameplay. Mages still go to wars, csw, and pk in cz when NT is not an option so is it wrong of me to inquire what are the best techniques currently being used by mages during those times? And who are you to tell me if I am/am not. "Cata&#39;s only hit 800". I&#39;ve been hit for 1800 many times already during war but nice effort, keep introducing wrong information like this and you might achieve your ultimate goal in life... And your last point; you seem not to understand the class of mage at all. A MP built fire mage sacrifices alot of AC so that he can hit hard, my point is with the 83 patch is this sacrifice still worth it when you just turn into a cata and do 600+ more dmg with nova, tank a hell of alot more, and still be tank build, as well as not being able to nova as effectively as before due to the disassociation of monuments and warders/keepers.

shampoo

Mages are Just as good as they where b4.[/b]
    You don&#39;t think mages were better in boat war? Where 1 mage prty could defend a monument and make 6knp+ easy depending on what server you play. I miss boat war and monument bombs like sanctis
    As a support mage I agree with you that I can still tp and generally play the same way I did before 83 patch, but if I was thinking of changing to an MP mage (which I am) I am not sure how good I would be due to the 83 patch changes. Hoping for some more MP mages to add their input!

These days there is no more boat war, opposing nation doesn&#39;t all sit at elmo/luff monument cause it only blesses once, and with the new war there are no huge groups of people since people dont go for warders/keepers/monuments anymore.[/b]
    this is the line i was addressing. if you look at it from another character point of view you think to yourself (ha, now mages dont have the advantage of killing multiple parties at once) just like other classes said about rogues (ha now rogues cant out heal every class)

i know this isnt about minor cooldown. because they are similar situations (mages losing their advantages) just like rogues did i was comparing the two because they are similar. for you to say my post has nothing to do with this topic is just ludicris. i meantioned how mages gain more NP then other classes because of their ability to have parties spamming novas to kill multiple parties in under 10 seconds. and you are talking about mages losing that ability. and im simply implying that now other classes have their fair chance at the dragon symbol.

personally aside from mages losing the oppurtunity to kill multiple parties in about 10 seconds at invasions/wars , i dont think mages will change much.. catapults are pretty slow and dont deal as much dmg as you think they do, therefore i do not think they will take over the mages position.

ps. ty lil mageskillz, i agree with you. he acts as if mages cant nova anymore and have a cooldown of 15 minutes on every skill. mages are the same, and now they cant gain NP 2x faster then everyone else.

You don&#39;t think mages were better in boat war? Where 1 mage prty could defend a monument and make 6knp+ easy depending on what server you play. I miss boat war and monument bombs like sanctis
    As a support mage I agree with you that I can still tp and generally play the same way I did before 83 patch, but if I was thinking of changing to an MP mage (which I am) I am not sure how good I would be due to the 83 patch changes. Hoping for some more MP mages to add their input![/b]

War map is supposedly bugged, top clan leaders are supposed to be able to vote on which war occurs on what day. Dunno if it will get fixed or if it&#39;s actually true but if it is the case, wars will be awesome for all with a choice!

17/30 dragon symbols are mages, so mages arent going to gain more NP then everyone else because of the new war map, and new invasion. oh well.

Ok jose80389. Again; how does this topic relate to minor cooldown? In no xp prty that I have been in do the mages just sit and tp people; I use skills/pots just like everyone else. Next, "mages always go nova towns". Well as I said in topic starter I play CW so Nova Town isnt an option, but even if it was what does it matter when it constitutes only a small perfect of gameplay. Mages still go to wars, csw, and pk in cz when NT is not an option so is it wrong of me to inquire what are the best techniques currently being used by mages during those times? And who are you to tell me if I am/am not. "Cata&#39;s only hit 800". I&#39;ve been hit for 1800 many times already during war but nice effort, keep introducing wrong information like this and you might achieve your ultimate goal in life... And your last point; you seem not to understand the class of mage at all. A MP built fire mage sacrifices alot of AC so that he can hit hard, my point is with the 83 patch is this sacrifice still worth it when you just turn into a cata and do 600+ more dmg with nova, tank a hell of alot more, and still be tank build, as well as not being able to nova as effectively as before due to the disassociation of monuments and warders/keepers.[/b]
    ok if u think im a lier, fine is ok just im saying the dmg on the 80% dmg shells i hitted 800 on all orcs maybe anotter catas ammo do more dmg but check im saying 80% dmg ammo no another 1 read before flame about that, sec ya a mage have to sacrifices alot of ac when is a paper mage, ya np on that al we know that, im bp and i know how is a paper build, and i have the paper mage of my friend to test "press town" every 5 secs cuz i have a pussy ac, next nova town, ur server is olympia as we can see, with a good defensive warrior and 2 priest u can 2 nova town where is the problem? ur not on carnac west, anyway the new war map makes warders/keeper useless, see any warrior runing with dread shield/cs throw the logs and end of the enemy nation on the warder, wow only warriors can survive and they got pwned cuz enemies came to kill them easy no job for priest, mages, or rogues on warders, oh well mages can tp fallen ppl anytime if we are going to see something

Priest job on war: debuff are useless cuz the catas cant be duffed and some ppl (on ares) when are near to die went into a cata and fill their hp when cata is going to ends the hp when into normal form again and suprise hp full.

Warrior job on war: run with a dread shield, throw the logs and press town=easy nps and no pots wasted on that

Rogue job on war: i think is the only job that remains, hit the lonley ppl and give lupine if ur alone then do the same thing hit, kill and stealth.

Mages job on war: ya all we know their job but, the new map have zones for make easy the job of the mages, 1 zone slow down the enemies dosnt matter what, perfect to nova all of them, 1 zone to increase the fire dmg, and another zone for the other elements, go to support build? is you opinion if u want that mages still have powa or just ask the mages of F4CTOR/FACTOR on ares i dont think they are going to "dread shield support build" cuz we dont have the good maps and we have this shit map dosnt says they are doomed.

if my english is bad sorry :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast