Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

hacked

This is a discussion on hacked within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What are you options if you get hacked other then submitting a ticket? I've heard people have received their items ...
Page: 1

Banned Member

Default hacked

What are you options if you get hacked other then submitting a ticket?

I've heard people have received their items back and others not. What are the keys to getting your items back?

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingJake View Post
    What are you options if you get hacked other then submitting a ticket?

I've heard people have received their items back and others not. What are the keys to getting your items back?
    I've never heard of anyone getting their items back.

Banned Member

Fair enough, I'll just consider the ticket I submitted to KO as my last. Thanks

Hacked how? Sharing account or you just logged in one day and your items are gone?

Banned Member

I never shared my account with anyone. Left my character a.f.k to merch and next morning was disconnected.

Tried to log back in that morning but was having issues connecting, kept saving login connection failed. Came home that night and had issues with OTP, was only able to enter 5 characters ingame instead of 6. Once I finally timed it right with the 6th character and hitting enter i was able to log in. Only to find all my items gone and KC spent on speed potions.

Had OTP activated on the website and in game. Had SMS verification entered and i don't use any illegal programs or enter any odd websites.

Sent in two support tickets for them to only tell me they don't restore items.

Everything is tracked so they should be able to audit your logs to see where those items went. Good luck, hope you get your stuff back.

Banned Senior Member

Only person that every gave me my items back was CaliMaestro and it was right before he left the company. Not to mention he "upgraded" some of my items for my troubles.

That was back in the Carnac West days. My Warrior Earrings were +0, (They were +2 when he gave them back).
    harddrugs likes this.

sad to hear that,thats why i don't play usko fuck this otp bullshit.
    NuclearWinter and SacruM like this.

Banned Member

Is SteamKO safer?

Never heard of anyone who has been scammed like you with otp. I think you were victim of fishing site, I bet you were browsing on some unrealiable websites and u got screwed.
    Anyway, I was a victim of merchant hack 1 or 2 years ago, there was a buying merchant for trina. It said 250m, I put it in and I recieved 1 coin. Fucking knight online, fucking turks...
    NuclearWinter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJake View Post
    Is SteamKO safer?
    Well, steam connection is verified via e-mail and also if you connect from new computer, it want to verify by Knight online in addition. Didn't hear about anyone who have been hacked - only those who were hacked via team viewer and by their own fault.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

Banned Member

The otp only allowing me to enter in 5 digits is what is throwing me for a loop. I play KO on my work laptop from home and have the OTP setup on a separate laptop. They both use the same internet connection, I'm not much a tech guy but it really is crazy to me how my account got hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakovina View Post
    Never heard of anyone who has been scammed like you with otp. I think you were victim of fishing site, I bet you were browsing on some unrealiable websites and u got screwed.
    Anyway, I was a victim of merchant hack 1 or 2 years ago, there was a buying merchant for trina. It said 250m, I put it in and I recieved 1 coin. Fucking knight online, fucking turks...
    +1

I would virus scan your system lol people simply don't get hacked. Maybe key logger maybe entered password you werent suppose to or you have simple pass idk.

99% cases its user error.

Either way I'm sorry for your loss D:

Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post

I would virus scan your system lol people simply don't get hacked ....
    Well, this is not so true. There was situation in past when people on USKO were hacked in huge amount - many people left game because they rejected give their item back (I was one of who left). After that they introduced OTP.

With that I want just say, that you can be hacked, especially on USKO. Don't know how much OTP helps (what I heard, it helps) but because of my experience, I am not excited, when someone on USKO is hacked.

But yea, virus is one of options, what could cause be hacked.

i heared of ppl getting hacked before with otp,and to the other question,hell yea steamko is safer,you can use mobile authenticator so person can't log ur account unless he have ur email adress to verify the new computer and ur phone to get the code,pretty much impossible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast