Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How defenses work in game. True or guess? Enjoy it...

This is a discussion on How defenses work in game. True or guess? Enjoy it... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; You forgot the fact that additional damage (from hellblade and helis for example) is reduced to 1/3 in PVP. So ...
Page: 2

You forgot the fact that additional damage (from hellblade and helis for example) is reduced to 1/3 in PVP. So a warrior hitting hellblade with a shield on will hit for 116-117 (350 / 3). So your warrior calculations are wrong and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by brutalsnake View Post
    you made me laugh 1000*0,85*0,9 = 1000*0,9*0,85 how could they even let you go through elementary school ? o.o
    What the f.k are u talking about...those are the exact same 2 equations and i said nothing about either one of them.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by brutalsnake View Post
    you made me laugh 1000*0,85*0,9 = 1000*0,9*0,85 how could they even let you go through elementary school ? o.o
    Who the fuck let you go through elementary school? you're so dumb, seriously... he was right...

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Who the fuck let you go through elementary school? you're so dumb, seriously... he was right...

Thank you..... For a second i was like w.t.f????? Then i re-red my post and his post and they have absolutely nothing in common xDDD
    So, i'm not the stupid one!!! :P

ThePenguin Senior Member ravizzl's Avatar

Someone sum it up im not gonna read it all

Quote Originally Posted by Elrohir View Post
    You forgot the fact that additional damage (from hellblade and helis for example) is reduced to 1/3 in PVP. So a warrior hitting hellblade with a shield on will hit for 116-117 (350 / 3). So your warrior calculations are wrong and misleading.
    Well, main point of that calculation was explaining how defenses (club and sword in that case) working in case of dual weapon of warrior. In that point i was right. I havent heard about 1/3 reduction, but if you are right then just add 350/3 and it will be right. I dont fight with argues, if they are right. So thank you for improve of information.
    Tread is about to inform people how defenses works, so in that case it wasnt misleading.
    PS: Iam a bit skeptic about =>1/3<= reduction, because in the fact of same reduction example warrior and rogue would be 333 dmg by warrior and 308 dmg by rogue and that difference between dmg is much bigger if you try it in arena. So probably you were right about reduction, but it will be different then 1/3 i think.
    Last edited by Nathasa; 05-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Little archer Senior Member

adding my input...

rogue red skills inflict true damage to monsters, 1/3 to players. Same applies to mages (to some extent their spells also hit 3x more on monsters like apostles and harpies, less on monsters with higher resistances)

bloody beast = 1300 true damage to monsters, 433 guaranteed damage to players
    cut = 400 true damage, 133 guaranteed to players
    shock = 200, 66
    jab = 100, 33

DD is more effective because

1. sins inflict pure damage based on their AP (except on red skills, but those hit for little damage anyway)
    2. they use 2 weapons of the same type so the reduction applies twice (?? not twice, but its still more effective than getting 20 Spear def)

still though, DD is more effective overall but dont forget sins get an average of 140 elemental damage to compensate, so they wont get their damage mitigated so badly (on R hits at least)

warriors and priests have abilities that inflict direct damage just like assassin's red skills, so weapon defense is less effective on them

uh, kinda confusing, its hard to explain but i understand most of it, and can make guesses on damage received and inflicted against some builds pretty accurately

If u r dead u r dead no matter what defence u have

Lol, tldr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12